Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What Are Your Thoughts on Breakout 2.0?

OP BmooDyyy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
Let me know what you think about Breakout 2.0 in the comments below. If you don't like something another person does let's converse about it instead of arguing.

Personally I HATE the new breakout, but I'd love to see what you guys think about it.

SHIELDS

Full shields doesn't work for the playlist. My reasoning is that it is now too hard to win a round when you're down one or two players. Breakout is the most exciting when a team can be down players and still win the round.

MAPS

I don't like the new renditions of the original Breakout maps, in my opinion they ruined them. For example, Altitude 2.0 looks horrendous and the gameplay is squeezed to bottom mid.

SHOTGUN

I can see why shotgun is now in Breakout and it is for a logical reason. They want to give the teams that are down players a better chance of winning, but everyone having shotguns causes there to be way to many trades. It also makes people want to camp, when Breakout was built to be a fast paced game type.

RANK

I absolutely love that its ranked again, too bad the gametype is ruined...

EDIT - Here I am going to put some ideas that are being discussed in this thread to fix the current Breakout playlist.

- Change BLUE team to another color. (yellow)
- Change the edges of walls to more neutral colors such as grey.
- Starting weapons: SMG and Gunfighter Magnum
- 50% shields
- No radar
- Spawning with BR or DMR on rotation. For example, Player A spawns with BR instead of Pistol in round 1, then round 2 Player B spawns with the BR instead of the Pistol.

EDIT 2

It seems to me that the general consensus on here is that most of us do NOT like Breakout 2.0. Great conversations everyone! Lets keep posting ideas and conversing about what we would like to see changed. Remember, the more people who post the better the chance 343 sees this thread! Also, the more we converse rather than argue the better that chance!

I read just about every post in this thread and I see pretty much no arguing, so keep it up guys!
I kind enough wish they kept it like old breakout but just have a Smg and a Gunfighter Magnum.
Mixed feelings right now, but mostly dissapointment in 343's incompetence in ruining what makes breakout... Breakout. But at least the one life gameplay mechanic is still there, I just hopped that there would still be no shields
Sounds like 343i can't do anything right. Trying to fix what isn't broken has become their main MO.
Sounds like 343i can't do anything right. Trying to fix what isn't broken has become their main MO.
Pretty much. Should they get like Bungee tutors? Like tutor how to make a Halo game.
I usually like what they do, but they ruined Breakout with this one.
BmooDyyy wrote:
I usually like what they do, but they ruined Breakout with this one.
I usually hate what they do, but they improved Breakout with this one. (This is my thought on the new Breakout)
Pretty much. Should they get like Bungee tutors? Like tutor how to make a Halo game.
I'm sure we can all agree the Breakout playlist was underpopulated and needed a breath of fresh air. The real discussion should be is this the change breakout needed? If it's not, how would you have changed it to make it more attractive?
I'm sure we can all agree the Breakout playlist was underpopulated and needed a breath of fresh air. The real discussion should be is this the change breakout needed? If it's not, how would you have changed it to make it more attractive?
I would probably change it by making it like old break out with a Gunfighter magnum, no radar, go back to the smg and make the capture of the flag to the other side of the base. And maybe change the team colors to green to blue maybe.
I would probably change it by making it like old break out with a Gunfighter magnum, no radar, go back to the smg and make the capture of the flag to the other side of the base. And maybe change the team colors to green to blue maybe.
Sounds fun!
Sounds fun!
What about changing the team color? I don't know why but red just seems to just stand out in Breakout and blue just blends.
Let's keep going with the suggestions guys! I really like this idea, but I'm not sure about the color change. What's your reasoning?
Haven't played it yet but I really don't like the idea of full shields in Breakout. Not sure what they were thinking there.
BmooDyyy wrote:
Let's keep going with the suggestions guys! I really like this idea, but I'm not sure about the color change. What's your reasoning?
I don't know why but red just seems to stand out in Breakout and blue just seems to blend in.
Sounds fun!
What about changing the team color? I don't know why but red just seems to just stand out in Breakout and blue just blends.
I don't discuss colors as I'm mostly colorblind I tend to embarrass myself.
Sounds fun!
I don't discuss colors as I'm mostly colorblind I tend to embarrass myself.
Oh sorry my bad. What is red to you? Ruthless is color blind to but can see red, black, and I think white fine I think.
343 have completely ruined my favourite game type by adding shields and -Yoinking!- up the maps. -Yoink- YOU 343!
BmooDyyy wrote:
I don't know why but red just seems to stand out in Breakout and blue just seems to blend in.
I do agree with blue team blending, but maybe change the map colors to something more neutral. I don't know if H5 is anything like older Halos with spawns, but in older games if you played as any color besides Red or Blue, the spawns would be messed up for the whole game. I do like the idea of changing something with the blue team though.
343 have completely ruined my favourite game type by adding shields and -Yoinking!- up the maps. -Yoink- YOU 343!
What do you think they can do to fix it?? Obviously they could just change it back, but I highly doubt they would do that.
BmooDyyy wrote:
BmooDyyy wrote:
I do agree with blue team blending, but maybe change the map colors to something more neutral. I don't know if H5 is anything like older Halos with spawns, but in older games if you played as any color besides Red or Blue, the spawns would be messed up for the whole game. I do like the idea of changing something with the blue team though.
Like what a grey or something? Forerunner grey?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16