Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What Are Your Thoughts on Breakout 2.0?

OP BmooDyyy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 16
Outlxw IV wrote:
BmooDyyy wrote:
Let me know what you think about Breakout 2.0 in the comments below. If you don't like something another person does let's converse about it instead of arguing.

Personally I HATE the new breakout, but I'd love to see what you guys think about it.

SHIELDS

Full shields doesn't work for the playlist. My reasoning is that it is now too hard to win a round when you're down one or two players. Breakout is the most exciting when a team can be down players and still win the round.

MAPS

I don't like the new renditions of the original Breakout maps, in my opinion they ruined them. For example, Altitude 2.0 looks horrendous and the gameplay is squeezed to bottom mid.

SHOTGUN

I can see why shotgun is now in Breakout and it is for a logical reason. They want to give the teams that are down players a better chance of winning, but everyone having shotguns causes there to be way to many trades. It also makes people want to camp, when Breakout was built to be a fast paced game type.

RANK

I absolutely love that its ranked again, too bad the gametype is ruined...

EDIT - Here I am going to put some ideas that are being discussed in this thread to fix the current Breakout playlist.

- Change BLUE team to another color. (yellow)
- Change the edges of walls to more neutral colors such as grey.
- Starting weapons: SMG and Gunfighter Magnum
- 50% shields
- No radar
- Spawning with BR or DMR on rotation. For example, Player A spawns with BR instead of Pistol in round 1, then round 2 Player B spawns with the BR instead of the Pistol.
I agree with you 100%, I wanted breakout to be ranked again but they ruined it...i hate the idea of full shields and shotguns start and I hate the radar and the new maps
But it's 343. No matter how much we b*tch and complain, they won't do anything. They don't care. I miss bungie so much. Rip Halo. :'-(
Haven't played it yet but I really don't like the idea of full shields in Breakout. Not sure what they were thinking there.
That's the thing with 343, they don't ever think about it. They keep ruining everything the players love in this damned game that we call Halo 5. They won't even consider the posts in the forums because they don't care about the players. That's 343. I miss Bungie.
Sounds like 343i can't do anything right. Trying to fix what isn't broken has become their main MO.
Pretty much. Should they get like Bungee tutors? Like tutor how to make a Halo game.
Why yes they should
Dar7hFrost wrote:
Haven't played it yet but I really don't like the idea of full shields in Breakout. Not sure what they were thinking there.
That's the thing with 343, they don't ever think about it. They keep ruining everything the players love in this damned game that we call Halo 5. They won't even consider the posts in the forums because they don't care about the players. That's 343. I miss Bungie.
100% true. we need Bungie back making Halo so it is done right not is thing we call 343.
I hate their reasoning behind changing it they said something like we wanted to to still feel like Halo. No I play breakout because it is different not because its the same as Team Arena.
It would be better without shotguns. It seems more like an action sack variant similar to halo 2's gold rush.
Shotguns are the worst for this gametype.
All 343 had to do in order to "update" Breakout, was add in new maps (maybe even have some without a flag), add new weapons like the Gunfighter pistol, and make the playlist ranked again. Instead, in typical 343 fashion, they completely changed what didn't need changing, and screwed up everything.
Honestly the more I play it the more I like it. How many of you are ranked? To many people play one or two games or no games at all and complain how awful it is. I'm more curious to see players opinions who are ranked.
I personally don't like the shotgun, it gives players like me way too much of an advantage, I personally don't like the shields either. The following needs to be removed, shotgun, motion trackers, and shields. Maybe motion trackers can be kept but they need to lower its distance, the shotgun needs to be changed to an smg ( silenced one maybe ). The magnum needs to be the gunfighter magnum. And finally make shields weaker.
Dar7hFrost wrote:
I admire your bravery standing up to 343, you probably got banned for saying that, I mean I got banned for a week for saying a word that starts with an r.
343 have completely ruined my favourite game type by adding shields and -Yoinking!- up the maps. -Yoink- YOU 343!
Calm down there buddy, its just a game.
Here's an idea, why don't they give us br starts? I feel that this would strengthen the search and destroy aspect they're going for, while also retaining the "classic halo" vibe that people are familiar with, which del hoyo said was important.

Then, instead of every player spawning with a shotgun, each side has one shotgun spawn for the team? I just don't think every player should have access to a OHKO weapon. In the old breakout, only one player per team had access to a OHKO weapon, the BR. Then there were other power weapons more in the center of the map.

what I will say about the new breakout is I do like how you have to return the flag back to your home base now. It makes the flag cap a more viable way to win. In the old breakout, at high level play, going for the flag was almost a joke.
I like the old breakout more
go back to no radar
Alvaruk0 wrote:
I need to play to know the real diference. Thank you for the info
Let me know what you think of it after you've played some games!
Alright, so I just played Brakout 2.0 and I'm giving now feedback AFTER playing it!
- Full Shields: I think it is the best thing in this refresh, now the combat feel more natural and fun, you no longer kill or get killed faster randomly.
- Maps: There is just one map I didn't like (I don't know the name), but most of them are cool and well designed.
- Weapon starts: I felt the shotgun weird as a start weapon, I don't know how to explain, but I've seen people using it in mid range and it was a little bit funny. And the shotgun lag feel I shot first but it just register the kill later or you get killed when I pressed the trigger first.
- The Flag: I'm neutral with this. It gives more dynamic to the game and prevents the team to camping in their base, it worked.
- Radar: I don't know, the radar makes sense, but if it wasn't there it would make the game more competitive.
- It's ranked again, thanks: Competitiveness is the key word of Breakout, I'm glad you (343) made it ranked again.
Final word: I'm loving this Breakout 2.0, it is not perfect, the maps are ok, the new flag rule makes the game more fast paced and encourage the players to fight now they have full shields, which is the best addition to the game mode imo. I didn't like the shotgun that much and if the radar wasn't enabled, the game would be more competitive. But I'm finally liking this breakout.
Thanks for your input!
Why fix the things that are not broken. Breakout is supposed to imitate paintball. The start of a round in paintball is named Breakout. In paintball one hit and you are done for the round but now it's a ton of hits. Shotguns will encourage camping. Rounds will last a ton with shields but the camper will survive. Smg plus gunfighter magnum is a better idea .
Radar and full shields just ruins it for me - I'd rather play Energy Sword SWAT than this version of Breakout. At least it's ranked again.
Its funny they finally didn't ruin something that was from the original Halo's, they ruined something they themselves made.

I say Breakout was ranked again and I actually screamed out of joy, I played two rounds and quit both of them, its horrendous. 343 keeps screwing up, I don't know how its this bad.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 16