Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What Are Your Thoughts on Breakout 2.0?

OP BmooDyyy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 16
BmooDyyy wrote:
BmooDyyy wrote:
Sounds like 343i can't do anything right. Trying to fix what isn't broken has become their main MO.
Pretty much. Should they get like Bungee tutors? Like tutor how to make a Halo game.
I'm sure we can all agree the Breakout playlist was underpopulated and needed a breath of fresh air. The real discussion should be is this the change breakout needed? If it's not, how would you have changed it to make it more attractive?
I would probably change it by making it like old break out with a Gunfighter magnum, no radar, go back to the smg and make the capture of the flag to the other side of the base. And maybe change the team colors to green to blue maybe.
Let's keep going with the suggestions guys! I really like this idea, but I'm not sure about the color change. What's your reasoning?
I don't know why but red just seems to stand out in Breakout and blue just seems to blend in.
I do agree with blue team blending, but maybe change the map colors to something more neutral. I don't know if H5 is anything like older Halos with spawns, but in older games if you played as any color besides Red or Blue, the spawns would be messed up for the whole game. I do like the idea of changing something with the blue team though.
Like what a grey or something? Forerunner grey?
Yeah, something more grey along the ends of walls so they don't blend as much. We don't want them to take away too much color though or the maps will be too bland.
BmooDyyy wrote:
BmooDyyy wrote:
BmooDyyy wrote:
Sounds like 343i can't do anything right. Trying to fix what isn't broken has become their main MO.
Pretty much. Should they get like Bungee tutors? Like tutor how to make a Halo game.
I'm sure we can all agree the Breakout playlist was underpopulated and needed a breath of fresh air. The real discussion should be is this the change breakout needed? If it's not, how would you have changed it to make it more attractive?
I would probably change it by making it like old break out with a Gunfighter magnum, no radar, go back to the smg and make the capture of the flag to the other side of the base. And maybe change the team colors to green to blue maybe.
Let's keep going with the suggestions guys! I really like this idea, but I'm not sure about the color change. What's your reasoning?
I don't know why but red just seems to stand out in Breakout and blue just seems to blend in.
I do agree with blue team blending, but maybe change the map colors to something more neutral. I don't know if H5 is anything like older Halos with spawns, but in older games if you played as any color besides Red or Blue, the spawns would be messed up for the whole game. I do like the idea of changing something with the blue team though.
Like what a grey or something? Forerunner grey?
Yeah, something more grey along the ends of walls so they don't blend as much. We don't want them to take away too much color though or the maps will be too bland.
Maybe make it look like the coliseum.
Didnt play it much before but with a team of buddies it could make for some intense games every now and then. IMO it's trash now. The only interesting thing is that I think the meta will change so that capturing the flag is the primary objective.
BmooDyyy wrote:
343 have completely ruined my favourite game type by adding shields and -Yoinking!- up the maps. -Yoink- YOU 343!
What do you think they can do to fix it?? Obviously they could just change it back, but I highly doubt they would do that.
Maybe if they gave us all -Yoinking!- overshields as well?
Terribly disappointed in this new Breakout mode. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of the previous version, having no shields and weilding an SMG. Disappointed.
Too much Poor change.
Terribly disappointed in this new Breakout mode. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of the previous version, having no shields and weilding an SMG. Disappointed.
Too much Poor change.
What would you like to see changed?? Put it back to what it was or something else?? Lets talk about it.
Breakout 2.0?

You mean NOT BREAKOUT?
The no shields made the matches fast paced and exciting. Shields just make it a flag playlist.
Breakout 2.0?

You mean NOT BREAKOUT?
True. Haha. It technically isn't Breakout anymore...
I have a great idea! 343 should work on ODDBALL! Nobody wants evolved breakout.
BmooDyyy wrote:
Breakout 2.0?

You mean NOT BREAKOUT?
True. Haha. It technically isn't Breakout anymore...
Yeah it's Slayer.
IrishLaws5 wrote:
I have a great idea! 343 should work on ODDBALL! Nobody wants evolved breakout.
I miss Oddball.... But lets hope they either change Breakout back for now or do something to fix how 2.0 is.
It's god awful. Adding the shotgun has promoted camping more than ever. Combine that with the radar and full shields, and anyone can do well just by picking a corner. Everything needs to be removed except maybe a few of the new maps.
It's god awful. Adding the shotgun has promoted camping more than ever. Combine that with the radar and full shields, and anyone can do well just by picking a corner. Everything needs to be removed except maybe a few of the new maps.
I would actually love to see the maps go back to their original. But everything you said is true, it needs to be changed back to how it was. Lets hope 343 sees what everyone thinks about it and acts accordingly.
What are 343 thinking?
Why does 343 always change things nobody wants changed, and doesn't change things everyone wants changed?

I havent tried breakout "2.0" , due to there not being "enough players in this playlist". However, reading your OP, your points make sense- especially the shields part.
i kinda wish they would've brought back arena breakout instead, that was more my thing.
Why does 343 always change things nobody wants changed, and doesn't change things everyone wants changed?

I havent tried breakout "2.0" , due to there not being "enough players in this playlist". However, reading your OP, your points make sense- especially the shields part.
Don't even bother playing it, it's not worth the wasted time. But I've seen a lot of bad feedback I've seen on here and Twitter so far. Lets hope it leads to something getting changed!
Mnkymn89 wrote:
i kinda wish they would've brought back arena breakout instead, that was more my thing.
I liked the way they did Arena Breakout too. I wish they brought that back.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 16