Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What Are Your Thoughts on Breakout 2.0?

OP BmooDyyy

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 16
Also the added radar kinda ruins it...
I dont like the new breakout, shotguns? Shields? Why? The fun of breakout was that it was a paintball style map, it worked well as it was, a map update wouldn't have been bad but this, this has just ruined the feel of breakout. If 343i sees this, please please PLEASE make it how it was again.
Yes! That is exactly why I loved the old breakout so much it had a very paintball feel to it. More tactics without the radar and no shields made it better.
I don't understand why everyone is so upset about the shields, it was never truely no shields, headshots weren't one hit and damage resistance was way up. The health change isn't that big.
One more thing having everyone start with a shotgun ruins the chance of boosting someone head on.
I dont like the full shields and radar.
Think just the levels revamps wouldve been good enough for me
I've never loved breakout more! I'm glad it's ranked again too! I might actually try to get ranked in it now.
I don't understand why everyone is so upset about the shields, it was never truely no shields, headshots weren't one hit and damage resistance was way up. The health change isn't that big.
I disagree the health change is huge. Makes it stupid easy to cap the flag. I just played a game and got 3 caps in a row just because I decided to try and cap the flag. They knew I was going to and just couldn't drop me fast enough to stop me
BmooDyyy wrote:
Let me know what you think about Breakout 2.0 in the comments below. If you don't like something another person does let's converse about it instead of arguing.

Personally I HATE the new breakout, but I'd love to see what you guys think about it.

SHIELDS

Full shields doesn't work for the playlist. My reasoning is that it is now too hard to win a round when you're down one or two players. Breakout is the most exciting when a team can be down players and still win the round.

MAPS

I don't like the new renditions of the original Breakout maps, in my opinion they ruined them. For example, Altitude 2.0 looks horrendous and the gameplay is squeezed to bottom mid.

SHOTGUN

I can see why shotgun is now in Breakout and it is for a logical reason. They want to give the teams that are down players a better chance of winning, but everyone having shotguns causes there to be way to many trades. It also makes people want to camp, when Breakout was built to be a fast paced game type.

RANK

I absolutely love that its ranked again, too bad the gametype is ruined...

EDIT - Here I am going to put some ideas that are being discussed in this thread to fix the current Breakout playlist.

- Change BLUE team to another color. (yellow)
- Change the edges of walls to more neutral colors such as grey.
- Starting weapons: SMG and Gunfighter Magnum
- 50% shields
I hate that you start with shotguns like wtf
I don't understand why everyone is so upset about the shields, it was never truely no shields, headshots weren't one hit and damage resistance was way up. The health change isn't that big.
I disagree the health change is huge. Makes it stupid easy to cap the flag. I just played a game and got 3 caps in a row just because I decided to try and cap the flag. They knew I was going to and just couldn't drop me fast enough to stop me
There's nothing to disagree, the health change is very minor, perfect TTK, went up one shot with percisions. The flag cap is now in your home base, which makes capping much easier. You can't use the flag as evidence when you have more variables than just TTK.
I played the game type last night and enjoyed it for the most part....if I was going to have a breakout game type I think it would be fun to make your starting weapon the Halo CE pistol. That way you can incorporate a unique weapon that doesn't get enough play and the more skilled players won't be doomed when their less skilled teammates die around them.
On another note now that we start with shotguns I want the option to get shotgun skins!
BmooDyyy wrote:
Let me know what you think about Breakout 2.0 in the comments below. If you don't like something another person does let's converse about it instead of arguing.

Personally I HATE the new breakout, but I'd love to see what you guys think about it.

SHIELDS

Full shields doesn't work for the playlist. My reasoning is that it is now too hard to win a round when you're down one or two players. Breakout is the most exciting when a team can be down players and still win the round.

MAPS

I don't like the new renditions of the original Breakout maps, in my opinion they ruined them. For example, Altitude 2.0 looks horrendous and the gameplay is squeezed to bottom mid.

SHOTGUN

I can see why shotgun is now in Breakout and it is for a logical reason. They want to give the teams that are down players a better chance of winning, but everyone having shotguns causes there to be way to many trades. It also makes people want to camp, when Breakout was built to be a fast paced game type.

RANK

I absolutely love that its ranked again, too bad the gametype is ruined...

EDIT - Here I am going to put some ideas that are being discussed in this thread to fix the current Breakout playlist.

- Change BLUE team to another color. (yellow)
- Change the edges of walls to more neutral colors such as grey.
- Starting weapons: SMG and Gunfighter Magnum
- 50% shields
I hate that you start with shotguns like wtf
I agree with not using shotgun starts because everyone can just camp.....everyone (and they did). I think it would be a fun idea if the system gave two people a DMR, one player a power weapon and the final player the standard load out of pistol/AR. It could rotate who it gave the weapons to each round so everyone got a turn to use that type of gameplay and you wouldn't have to sprint to weapons on the map in the beginning that always leads to early kills because it's obvious where they're going.
I don't understand why everyone is so upset about the shields, it was never truely no shields, headshots weren't one hit and damage resistance was way up. The health change isn't that big.
I disagree the health change is huge. Makes it stupid easy to cap the flag. I just played a game and got 3 caps in a row just because I decided to try and cap the flag. They knew I was going to and just couldn't drop me fast enough to stop me
There's nothing to disagree, the health change is very minor, perfect TTK, went up one shot with percisions. The flag cap is now in your home base, which makes capping much easier. You can't use the flag as evidence when you have more variables than just TTK.
Yes you are correct I think the fact that it's your own base makes it easier.
BmooDyyy wrote:
Let me know what you think about Breakout 2.0 in the comments below. If you don't like something another person does let's converse about it instead of arguing.

Personally I HATE the new breakout, but I'd love to see what you guys think about it.

SHIELDS

Full shields doesn't work for the playlist. My reasoning is that it is now too hard to win a round when you're down one or two players. Breakout is the most exciting when a team can be down players and still win the round.

MAPS

I don't like the new renditions of the original Breakout maps, in my opinion they ruined them. For example, Altitude 2.0 looks horrendous and the gameplay is squeezed to bottom mid.

SHOTGUN

I can see why shotgun is now in Breakout and it is for a logical reason. They want to give the teams that are down players a better chance of winning, but everyone having shotguns causes there to be way to many trades. It also makes people want to camp, when Breakout was built to be a fast paced game type.

RANK

I absolutely love that its ranked again, too bad the gametype is ruined...

EDIT - Here I am going to put some ideas that are being discussed in this thread to fix the current Breakout playlist.

- Change BLUE team to another color. (yellow)
- Change the edges of walls to more neutral colors such as grey.
- Starting weapons: SMG and Gunfighter Magnum
- 50% shields
I hate that you start with shotguns like wtf
I agree with not using shotgun starts because everyone can just camp.....everyone (and they did). I think it would be a fun idea if the system gave two people a DMR, one player a power weapon and the final player the standard load out of pistol/AR. It could rotate who it gave the weapons to each round so everyone got a turn to use that type of gameplay and you wouldn't have to sprint to weapons on the map in the beginning that always leads to early kills because it's obvious where they're going.
That's a pretty cool idea
I can't stand it. Shotguns coupled with full shields are a recipe for disaster. It would only be worse if the motion tracker was removed yet the shotgun was kept.
343 likes to keep things constantly changing, which is good or bad depending on how you view it, but I can't see how the Breakout changes are good at all. SMGs with magnums, no shields, and no motion tracker was a far better set up than what we have now.
Seems like some of the weapon choices for the maps are strange, no?
Played two matches last night and didn't really enjoy the new mechanics. 343i made a lot of weird decisions with the revamp.

  • Shotgun/magnum starts are fine and actually introduce a tactical decision; do you stay back and pick off that guy with the shotgun, or try to get close and one-shot? But this brings up the first weird decision from 343. If you have shotguns, why have radar? That incentivizes camping and radar watching, rather than map movement. Keep shotguns and drop radar, or keep radar and get rid of shotguns in favor of SMG or AR.
  • Full shields are crap in this gamemode, even more so with the changes to the flag. It's almost impossible to kill the flag carrier before they get back to their base, so pulling the flag is almost a guaranteed victory. There's no risk in doing it anymore, since you don't have to worry about where the enemy team is on the map. Do you pull the flag and bait the enemy into coming after you, or do you try and stealth it to the capture point? Doesn't matter anymore, since you just turn around and book it back to your base. I get that shotgun starts are supposed to balance the full shields, but having radar ruins that.
  • Flag changes are also crap. If you have radar and full shields, get rid of the flag altogether. The whole point of adding it was to give teams a way to win if the last man was just trying to hide and get a draw. With radar, you can find them more easily and with shotguns they actually stand a chance in a 2/3-on-1 situation, so camping is disincentivized. If 343 is going to keep the flag, get rid of shields and radar, and change it back to capping in the enemy base. If you keep the shields and radar, get rid of the flag.
  • Map changes are meh. I only played on two maps and I had zero map knowledge, so I can't really comment on that.
In short, the sum of changes makes for a frustrating experience. The meta has changed from a seek-and-destroy to cap the flag as fast as possible. This was the biggest issue with Arena Breakout (full shields and small maps made it a 30 second CTF variant). They have the bones of something interesting, but they just put a bunch of weird body parts on top that don't go together or are counterproductive.
BmooDyyy wrote:
Let me know what you think about Breakout 2.0 in the comments below. If you don't like something another person does let's converse about it instead of arguing.

Personally I HATE the new breakout, but I'd love to see what you guys think about it.

SHIELDS

Full shields doesn't work for the playlist. My reasoning is that it is now too hard to win a round when you're down one or two players. Breakout is the most exciting when a team can be down players and still win the round.

MAPS

I don't like the new renditions of the original Breakout maps, in my opinion they ruined them. For example, Altitude 2.0 looks horrendous and the gameplay is squeezed to bottom mid.

SHOTGUN

I can see why shotgun is now in Breakout and it is for a logical reason. They want to give the teams that are down players a better chance of winning, but everyone having shotguns causes there to be way to many trades. It also makes people want to camp, when Breakout was built to be a fast paced game type.

RANK

I absolutely love that its ranked again, too bad the gametype is ruined...

EDIT - Here I am going to put some ideas that are being discussed in this thread to fix the current Breakout playlist.

- Change BLUE team to another color. (yellow)
- Change the edges of walls to more neutral colors such as grey.
- Starting weapons: SMG and Gunfighter Magnum
- 50% shields
I hate that you start with shotguns like wtf
I agree with not using shotgun starts because everyone can just camp.....everyone (and they did). I think it would be a fun idea if the system gave two people a DMR, one player a power weapon and the final player the standard load out of pistol/AR. It could rotate who it gave the weapons to each round so everyone got a turn to use that type of gameplay and you wouldn't have to sprint to weapons on the map in the beginning that always leads to early kills because it's obvious where they're going.
I think rotating loadouts would be better. Force players to adjust to new play styles every round. As long as the loadouts are always the same 4 for each team and it just rotates what player had what each round.
BmooDyyy wrote:
I agree with not using shotgun starts because everyone can just camp.....everyone (and they did). I think it would be a fun idea if the system gave two people a DMR, one player a power weapon and the final player the standard load out of pistol/AR. It could rotate who it gave the weapons to each round so everyone got a turn to use that type of gameplay and you wouldn't have to sprint to weapons on the map in the beginning that always leads to early kills because it's obvious where they're going.
I am going to put that idea in the original post. Hopefully more people will discuss it.
I loved breakout when I actually had friends to play it with.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 16