Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What button layout do you use?

OP IAMZVK

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I find this quite funny because I use the craziest button layout.
So I use Green Thumb button layout but then I remap some of the buttons on Xbox Accessories.
I switch RS Click with B and LB switches with RB.
I have 6.1 KDA so I must be doing something right lol
What do you guys use?
Helljumper all the way. Although I'm tempted to remap some buttons to make it more similar to Destiny 2 and other shooters, going back to H5 reloading with B screws me up.
Recon
Bumper Jumper
Default.

It allows me to have a comfortable transition between playing many other FPS titles.
Recon forever
Bumper jumper master race signing in. Haha
Who all is then mapping to Elite controller paddles?

Seems like this is the best way to hit those jumps. What's the other big advantages to paddles in H5 and what layout do the pros set with them? Seems relevant to OP question.

I do a sort of claw technique to swap weapons without taking thumb off right joy stick. About as crazy as I get.
I use a PS4 Controller with the Sony Back button attachment.

I use Hell jumper + my primary remapping setting

L1 - Scope
L2- Jump
L3 - crouch (hold)
Touch pad - Scoreboard
R1- Shoot or melee depending on mood/fingers
R2- Shoot or melee
R3 - Boost
O - Reload
Back button right - Weapon switch
Back button left - Grenade.

I never have to take my fingers off the sticks unless it's to pick something up (also - who ever decided that powers up should be a pick up as opposed to walk in- instant usage doesn't understand how that is so counter productive to gameplay).

I can change the button mapping on the fly as well. People should really give the layout above a try.
Helljumper
I do currently use the default button layout to keep everything simple and to avoid the task of learning how to play with a new layout.
I use Default but I’ve thought about changing to Bumper Jumper.
fishstick/paashoter/default
I always use Universal Zoom and shoot. I figure, why have to learn all new button layouts between games .
Helljumper all the way. Although I'm tempted to remap some buttons to make it more similar to Destiny 2 and other shooters, going back to H5 reloading with B screws me up.
Fishstick is the CoD/Battlefield/Titanfall, etc, etc layout.

This comment serves to @eLantern and @Frickin Heavy too, you guys are using the wrong layout if you want a layout exactly the same as the other shooters... Fishstick is exactly the same as CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc, etc... Throwing Grenades on RB, Crouch on B and melee on R Stick Press.
I have an Elite 2 I have a crazy button layout but it suits me the best, I don't have to move a finger off the Thumb Sticks other than change grenades, here is the layout I use:

LT - Jump
LB - Thustpack
RT - Shoot
RB - Throw Grenades
L Stick Press - Switch Weapon
R Stick Press - Reload
Top Left Paddle - Sprint
Bottom Left Paddle - Aim/Zoom
Top Right Paddle - Melee
Bottom Right Paddle - Crunch
Right D-Pad - Change Grenades (the only time I have to move a finger from the Thumb Stick)

I like this a lot.
I use the Recon button layout and claw grip my default Xbox Series X controller!
Recon
I use Recon as well!
Default. Recon?
Default. Recon?
What do you mean when you say “Default. Recon?”
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2