Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What comes after warzone firefight for H5?

OP ThickestMoney93

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
So all I know is that 343i only confirmed free dlc up until that update. Do we know anymore? What do you guys think will happen? They've claimed the purpose of the free dlc was to prevent community split, surely they wouldn't start doing paid dlc this far after launch? That would split a community that is smaller than the original one. So does that mean this is it for H5 dlc for a while or forever? Or will they just name another 8 updates and we can all keep smiling and asking for a falcon?
Let us know what you think guys, really curious for some different opinions or actual knowledge.
Either they will tell us at e3, they will stop the updates, or move to bigger but longer updates (ex new vehicle, 2 maps, etc every 3 months).
I'd be happy with just a single Req Drop:

-Excelsior AR (Req Level 9, Legendary, Mythic)
● Fires Spnkr Prime Rockets
● Provides double Overshield and damage resistance.
● Increases jump height and speed by a factor of 3.
● Makes user immune to headshots and assassinations.
● User giggles like a little girl with each kill.
● Oh, and functions with a bottomless clip.

However, pistols deal x2 damage against Excelsior AR users (because balance). ;)
We probably will not get anything. They will be to concentrated on Halo 6 and Halo Wars 2 to care about Halo 5.
JOLTLORD wrote:
The plans for future updates (should the exist) would likely be discussed at E3 on the 14th-16th of June. my guess would be that if they are doing anything it would be in the style of the current free updates. I doubt they would go for paid DLC. They may however have plans for an ODST style spinoff built from the Halo 5 engine but that would most likely drop in 2017.
I hope it's an arbiter game. That takes place between 3 and 5.
They won't go for paid DLC, I think we will keep getting free DLC but not as often as it was.
We probably will not get anything. They will be to concentrated on Halo 6 and Halo Wars 2 to care about Halo 5.
Well Halo wars 2 is mostly handled by another company
Wishing that Halo 6 would drop early....
I think someone said that after year one of these updates, we will have to pay for future DLC.
Mongoose wild. They will be neon, they will have even quicker rate of fire gungooses and hannibal introduce a gungoose that instead of shooting grenades shoots spartan lasers.
As long as you can still pop a wheelly so the bottom takes fire instead of you.
Hopefully a TRADITIONAL PLAYLIST!!!!
Chimera30 wrote:
343i has said that support will continue in some capacity after the WZFF update.
Yes support will continue but small things, like patches, weapon balances etc. Not new maps, REQs etc. E3 will be interesting... I have a sinking feeling fans are going to be disappointed with E3 halo related wise.... but willing to bet that people who did like Halo wars, will be really pumped for Halo wars 2 when they show the game there.

Time will tell OP what happens and as people have said on here, we'll know more at E3
How about normal Firefight?
Fishztikz wrote:
Halo 3 update
REQs:
Rouge Helmet and Armor:Ultra Rare
EOD Helmet and Armor:Rare
MK V Helmet and Armor:Legendary/Mythic
Halo 3 Recon and Armor (Lot of people want it, including myself!):Ultra Rare
CQB Helmet and Armor:Ultra Rare
-All these Armor will have BLACK undersuits, I know a lot of people want them back, and from the community, I remember people saying "Bring back Stormtrooper helmet! I need Rogue back! I want my precious CQB, and not the new version! I want the slick MK V, not the chunky one!" They were all in 3, and I decided not to add ODST for the fact we have 3 variations already

Warzone REQs:
-Hornet (Better than the Falcon):Rare
•Ultra Rare variation can be an ONI Hornet, moves faster, explosive machine gun, and shoots rockets that explode twice
-Chopper:Uncommon
•Rare variation can have faster boost and faster projectiles
•Ultra Rare variation can severely damage big vehicles (Tanks, Wraiths) by ramming them with boost, and has upgraded shields, and faster movement
-Sentinel Beam:Uncommon
•Rare variation can cause tiny amounts of lingering damage, higher ammo capacity
Brute Shot:Rare
•Ultra Rare variation has more ammo, the spike at the bottom of the gun acts as a bayonet (1 hit melee kill), explosive shots
Transport Warthog: Uncommon (one from campaign, transfers more than one person)
-I didn't add the Prowler because it's basically a Brutehog and I didn't think it was a good vehicle, no Brute Spiker because, eh, lame weapon, didn't add the Mauler because I feel like it be a mini shotgun, also didn't have ideas for emblems.

Maps:
The Pit
Guardian
Blackout/Lockout
Sandbox
Narrows
-These shall not be made in Forge, and shouldn't be exact remakes, but at least gives us nostalgia. Now we all know 343 can't bring every map, but these were everybody's favorite maps, and people usually wanted The Pit and Guardians map back

Game Modes:
•King of the Hill (with the addition of Krazy King, KotH FFA, etc)
•Action Sack (community can submit their maps and game types and be verified by 343)
•Juggernaut (addition of VIP)
•Social Slayer
•Snipers (FFA/Team)
-Again, can't add all the game modes either, but these were some of the best game modes in Halo 3, and I remember having a blast online (especially that Action Sack)

Now I know this won't EVER happen, but you know, Halo 3's 10 year anniversary is close, this would be nice to have, a lot of people who loved Halo 3, this would probably bring back people! (343, you'll also get a bit more money, wink wink) I know people would just say, "instead of this, why not Halo 3:Anniversary?" And that's when I say, there's no point, it was added to MCC (MCC works better than it used to, has low population though) and even though we love Halo 3, we won't go back, it's old, we gotta get in with the new (btw, I'm not opposing H3:A, I just feel like it would be a cash grab...anyway, it was right with CE and 2 considering they were in the Original Xbox and it's multiplayer was killed) if I missed anything, tell me!
Nice write up. The other thing with this is that H3 anniversary is this year. The decision was already made long ago, it is either almost finished development or it isn't going to happen. They just haven't told us yet. As much as I'd love this sized dlc it is just way too big haha, that's an insane amount of free content and as you said, we would never get that from 343i.
Halo 3's 10th anniversary is next year, not this year
Still pretty close, a year goes by quick
Tootsicle wrote:
probably some taco skins
Please!
awesome gamertag
JOLTLORD wrote:
The plans for future updates (should the exist) would likely be discussed at E3 on the 14th-16th of June. my guess would be that if they are doing anything it would be in the style of the current free updates. I doubt they would go for paid DLC. They may however have plans for an ODST style spinoff built from the Halo 5 engine but that would most likely drop in 2017.
I hope it's an arbiter game. That takes place between 3 and 5.
I would be completely ecstatic for a game like that, a sort of full in for what happened when you did not see the Arbiter. But the likelihood of a game like that is sadly low because 343 has made it abundantly clear that they don't have much love for the elites, especially in playable status.
I would love to see Spartan Ops Season 2. I honestly loved those when I played them. Mantis on Valhalla... Yes Please!!!!
Perhaps firefight turbo?...... We can only hope.
Chimera30 wrote:
343i has said that support will continue in some capacity after the WZFF update.
Yes support will continue but small things, like patches, weapon balances etc. Not new maps, REQs etc. E3 will be interesting... I have a sinking feeling fans are going to be disappointed with E3 halo related wise.... but willing to bet that people who did like Halo wars, will be really pumped for Halo wars 2 when they show the game there.

Time will tell OP what happens and as people have said on here, we'll know more at E3
Sounds about right to me. People (including me) will get their hopes up for something good, and will be given something stupid (Skins, vehicle variants, map remakes). Im personally hoping for H3A, but im expecting WZFF, HW2, and a couple REQ updates.
Halo 6
This game needs better servers, a solo queue list for both wz and slayer, and a boat-load of new maps (forge or homegrown). This better be 343's focus or else the game is going to fall into decline really fast. Getting destroyed by full teams blows. Playing on bad servers blows. And playing on the same maps over and over again when 343 has an endless supply of awesome community forge creations is a downright shame.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4