Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What control scheme does everyone run?

OP OrthoChip402560

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15
Just kinda curious. Always love hearing the really unorthodox set ups. Also you can say if you have any custom controllers.

I personally play with just the basic controller. I play bumper jumper on 4 senstivity because I love being able to jump and shoot without my finger every having to leave either thumbstick. I think the senstivity I play on is a good balance of being quick enough to keep up with any targets and also slow enough that I can really line up headshots.

Curious what everyone else runs, so please share.
I swapped over to Hell-jumper, which is a hybrid of green thumb and bumper-jumper. Best of both worlds IMO
Before any Halo game comes out I always tell myself that I'll learn bumper jumper for the new game, but nope it always ends up on Default with 10 sensitivity.
Just do it. I learned it in one night. Mastered it a week later. A little bit of effort for a lifetime of better gameplay.
Hell-jumper is superior IMO, not only does your thumb not leave to jump, but you get left trigger to aim, and the right thumbstick to melee.
custom setup with elite controller don't used L3 or R3 moved them to paddles. Still working on finding the right mix of button layout, stick height and sensitivity.
Recon, sensitivity 10.
Sk8trfreak wrote:
Green Thumb with sensitivity of 5-7 depending on how I feel and how my gaming is doing.
Really want to get the elite controller soon. Gonna sell my 360 and games n whatnot and use that money to buy it.
Check out Hell-jumper, as a fellow green thumber since halo 2, who tried to transition to bumper-jumper, but with 10+ years of muscle memory to fight against, had limited success, hell jumper has been painless, it's a natural evolution of green thumb.
I use green thumb
Bumper Jumper, sensitivity 6
I use recon, but looks like hell-jumper is worth a try.
Basic controller default set up
I use green thumb
#oneofus #oneofus! #greenthumbsunite
Bumper jumper
3/4 sens
Auto stabilise - off
Bumper jumper on 4, no vibration, I use the Elite controller with just the top left paddle on for jumping and thrust using LB.
Halo 4. I've used those controls since Halo 1, and I'm not changing now.
Sk8trfreak wrote:
Green Thumb with sensitivity of 5-7 depending on how I feel and how my gaming is doing.
Really want to get the elite controller soon. Gonna sell my 360 and games n whatnot and use that money to buy it.
Check out Hell-jumper, as a fellow green thumber since halo 2, who tried to transition to bumper-jumper, but with 10+ years of muscle memory to fight against, had limited success, hell jumper has been painless, it's a natural evolution of green thumb.
Huh. I just looked. I'm intrigued enough to try it.
Am I a scrub for using fishsticks?
Haven't seen anyone else here using them.
I like my sensitivity around 5 or 6
I made the switch from default to bumper jumper a couple weeks back after finding myself getting stale in ranking. It's really helped. Pushed me from being stuck in platinum to breaking into diamond and still raising.
Edit - I use sensitivity of 3. Might increase it though because I'm having problems with engaging people on time who come at me from the sides.
I use 5 and it's the perfect balance between fast and slow.
I use the Southpaw control setup for Halo games. It was very hard to get used to when I first started, considering I only used it on a bet that I could win a match using it. Since then, I've kept going with it and have actually grown to really like it. As for sensitivity, I keep mine at about 8 or 9, since I like to be able to whip around if I'm being shot from the back or the sides.
Black green yellow u
Made the transition to Bumper Jumper in Halo 3. Still love it. Sens. at 4 forever, i suck if i go higher
Recon as always! :D

(Sensitivity 4)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15