Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

what controller layout do you use?

OP uhDrunkDriver

i can't be the only one who uses fishstick?

right?
Helljumper is seriously the most amazing set up ever. I've been a bumper-jumper sense day one halo 3 and never changed it. But Helljumper is just... Ohhh my 😋
L3 R3AP3R wrote:
Helljumper is seriously the most amazing set up ever. I've been a bumper-jumper sense day one halo 3 and never changed it. But Helljumper is just... Ohhh my 😋
yeah i really liked it at first but the A to sprint and zoom was causing me some stuggles i'm the same, nearly every game i play i use bumper jumper but for some weird reason i've adapted to fishstick quite nicely
I've been using boxer since halo 2, just find it more satisfying to just pull the other trigger and melee you down. I get several melee awards a game if not the brawler in most games.
L3 R3AP3R wrote:
I've been going between Helljumper and bumper jumper too. There's things I like about bumper like having melee on the bumper instead of the stick (which takes some getting used to). But I like having scope on LT. Anything that definitely made you stick with Helljumper over bumper?
I use fishstick
Fishstick...it just makes sense.

...or fishdick...are you a gay fish?
Default because I am too lazy to change
L3 R3AP3R wrote:
I've been going between Helljumper and bumper jumper too. There's things I like about bumper like having melee on the bumper instead of the stick (which takes some getting used to). But I like having scope on LT. Anything that definitely made you stick with Helljumper over bumper?
I like Halo 4 controls, with the new spartan abilities it just fits for me.
fishstick used to always use default but when I got live I had to get some thing better
I like Halo 4 controls, with the new spartan abilities it just fits for me.
Right, I agree. But for some they would like to crouch with left stick and the closest thing to the halo 4 layout would be Recon. But then you cannot melee with the bumper.

And now that we can remap our buttons I think picking halo 4 layout and swapping B and left stick press is the best of both the halo 4 and recon layout.
Default and I really want to change. Have tried changing but its really hard to do. First tried Bumper Jumper then Greenthumb and it takes a while to get used to them.

I dont like the charge and the hammer on the stick.
You are missing Pashooter.
Pashooter is a good configuration to get used to, Especially for scenarios where you are in a fight with magnums and really need crouch/jump/aiming all uninterrupted. I was Greenthumb but the switch from that to this was easy. 😁
Default, because I got used to it from the start. Also, it's odd to me that there's a Halo 4 control scheme in Halo 5. Like, they play so differently from each other. It's weird to me.
I started with Reach so when 4 came out it was the same as Reach except crouch was "B" instead of the right analog stick. When Halo 5 came out I was having a hard time with the controls so I kept playing on Halo 4. I hope Infinite has a controller scheme that is at least remotely familiar.
I sadly use default becaus le I was both lazy and I’m too use to default