Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What did you expect?

OP PINK PUNNISHER

Hey fellow Spartans,
I've seen a lot of people complaining about how 343 lied to us via the Marketing campaigns and Hunt The Truth, disappointed that certain people didn't die and who the antagonist was and how they didn't like it.

What direction would you have taken the story? Explain what would happen in your version of Halo 5....

I personally loved it and am very excited for H6 and the EU between now and then...
I think its perfect the way it was (except the Chief-Halsey reunion, the curious absence of ONI and the Chief-Locke fight scene) literally everything is what I have always ever wanted from a Halo tale. I am in love.
I wouldn't have brought Cortana back thats for sure. Either make the Didact the antagonist as he should be, or continue with the idea that the domain is calling out to the Chief, have ONI hunt him down, exactly as the marketing suggests, keep Halsey and Jul working together for a little longer (the way she played him in Halo 5 was just sad), and have it all be a complete ruse by the Gravemind in the end. I'm sure people saw that theory about how the Gravemind and Cortana could be involved in Halo 5's plot over a year and a half ago, now. That is exactly how i would have done it.
Closure..... Just some freaking closure.
well i liked the direction they took, tho they could have played it better in halo 4 if they knew they were going to do this..

honestly thats the biggest problem... they really left no chance in halo 4. they should have had cortana walking back to the ship at the end or being pulled back to it from there....

as for 4... she did say that the part that said goodbye was just a fragment to begin with... tho that also doesnt make things clear... i think they just wanted it as a moment without really putting to head how it would affect the future setting..
Quite frankly, each mainstream (Master Chief) Halo had a cliffhanger of some magnitude.

1. Halo CE had Chief drifting through space
  2. Halo 2...well yea we all know what happened there,
  3. Halo 3 had Chief in Cryo sleep
  4. Halo 4 questioned whether the Didact was alive still
  5. Halo 5...obviously don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't beaten it yet
Could Halo 5 have had better closure? Sure yea. But honestly it was no shock to me when it happened.
Quite frankly, each mainstream (Master Chief) Halo had a cliffhanger of some magnitude.

5. Halo 5...obviously don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't beaten it yet
Could Halo 5 have had better closure? Sure yea. But honestly it was no shock to me when it happened.
DC Ambrose wrote:

Agreed
I actually wanted Locke to have a personal vendetta against Master Chief. With all of the hype building up that he would be the Chief's new rival, it was a bit disappointing to see him be so professional and respectful towards Chief when trying to bring him in.
Br4k3d0wN wrote:
I actually wanted Locke to have a personal vendetta against Master Chief. With all of the hype building up that he would be the Chief's new rival, it was a bit disappointing to see him be so professional and respectful towards Chief when trying to bring him in.
I think the Ur-Didact fits that narrative perfectly. We need moar Didact.