Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What did you place for Fall 2018 season ?

OP buzzsaw135

For me, I placed Diamond III. To be honest I thought I was going to tank that season in Halo 5 SWAT.
Are the rankings resetting soon?

Plat 2 for breakout and plat 1 for team arena. Solo queuing.

I think around December or January it all resets.
buzzsaw135 wrote:

Just read the community update. December 6th it looks like.

I'm hoping to get one of the playlists into diamond next season.
buzzsaw135 wrote:

Diamond was hard for me, most of the time i'll make a high Platinum, but Diamond takes a ton of skill.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

Diamond was hard for me, most of the time i'll make a high Platinum, but Diamond takes a ton of skill.
Frustrating thing about searching alone. You can get really good teammates and not leave the lobby, then in the next game they're on the opposing team. I guess the solution there would be to fireteam up. Still getting the hang of optimizing ranked play. Regardless of my ranking, I find it the most enjoyable way to play Halo 5.
I hadn't played any Halo in months, so I only got Gold 5. I did manage to keep a positive k/d though.
I didn’t place on my main account, but I got Champion in FFA and Swat on my alt.
Just can’t get past diamond 1 in hcs solo queuing almost was there this season then had an 18 game losing streak where I was positive kd in every game bar 1 and playing the objective hard but just kept losing and ended up in plat 3
I was diamond in all except FFA and Slayer because I didn't play FFA to try and maximize my wins but I got onyx 1536 mainly solo queueing but I'm not able to bring it higher because sadly I don't have any internet
I placed D2 or D3 in the lists I've played this season.
The season resets on Dec. 6th FYI
I'm hoping to make Champion when the ranks reset. The Summer 2018 season I made Onyx, but I want to get it a bit higher.
Only Onyx on Slayer... And Onyx on Elimination... The others rounding D4 D6 cuz dont have team... :/
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
JC00795 wrote:
Just can’t get past diamond 1 in hcs solo queuing almost was there this season then had an 18 game losing streak where I was positive kd in every game bar 1 and playing the objective hard but just kept losing and ended up in plat 3
It's hard solo queuing from Australia though JC makes it very tough but you know that...
I managed to get Plat 3 / 4 for Swat, Slayer and FFA.
Would love to slowly get it to creep to Diamond. Maybe Diamond is a remote possibility in say March 2019? need to work out to improve to make that big a leap
I was Diamond 1 (in Slayer), but late last night a group I joined (in anticipation of playing Anniversary Throwback with) started up a ranked Slayer match instead and proceeded to crap the proverbial bed. Zero communication between group members other than what I was providing. The only thing I heard from anyone was emotional frustrations and complaints about the opponents and game. When I tried to refocus them by asking for callouts I got silence in return before they went back to ranting. Needless to say we got blown out and I lost Diamond 1 and dropped to Plat 6. I left the group and went to play Anniversary Throwback solo. I figured I'd eventually go back and play another ranked Slayer match (solo) to see if I could get myself back over the proverbial hump and into Diamond again, but I was having way too much fun with Anniversary Throwback that I never did. Then I discovered the season roll would occur and I'll be locked into achieving a Plat 6 for the Fall 2018 season. Oh well.
I find more and more that the Team Arena playlist is the only one that really separates the skill of players. I played some Community Doubles with an Onyx 1507 in Arena and we won at least 25 straight. We made people leave who were Champion in every playlist...except Team Arena where they were maybe high Diamond.

I got stuck at D3 for Team Arena and any Onyx or greater in that playlist would destroy me.
Can't believe the difference between my fall 2018 placement matches and the winter ones I just did. Didn't play terrible, but couldn't buy a win.