What does 60 fps do?

OP Neplusultra009

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
What exactly does 60 fps do for the game, outside of shallow answers like "improves gameplay enough said." and " Its just better.", What exactly does it do in detail? I have never really noticed a problem at other levels of fps and do not understand what the big hype is.
It does make the game look smoother and play better. Don't know what else to tell ya. However, I do think 30 fps is fine and I hate that splitscreen was sacrificed. But I do understand that those who got accustomed to 60 fps in the MCC would obviously want it to stay that way.
Thanks. was just curios because everyone makes it out to be a huge deal but I can never find a problem with the lower and never a great boon with the higher, and have played on both.
This.

Also the programming is based on the frame rate.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
This.
I'm glad you posted this, thank you. Personally, the difference is minimal to me. The con of losing splitscreen greatly outweighs the pro of a slightly smoother looking game.
It's far easier to aim with 60 frames, also the games timing is built around that frame rate
What exactly does 60 fps do for the game, outside of shallow answers like "improves gameplay enough said." and " Its just better.", What exactly does it do in detail? I have never really noticed a problem at other levels of fps and do not understand what the big hype is.
The fluidity of the graphic display makes the gameplay better. In detail, it just maintains a higher quality of graphics. That's the point. The 30fps is slow, it's less fluid, etc. If you are unable to grasp the concept, I'm just going to assume you're being a troll, because it's pretty simple.
I think i could see a small difference in the link. but is there a greater difference other than a little added smoothness? as in is the difference detrimental to game play and competitive functionality?
The fluidity of the graphic display makes the gameplay better. In detail, it just maintains a higher quality of graphics. That's the point. The 30fps is slow, it's less fluid, etc. If you are unable to grasp the concept, I'm just going to assume you're being a troll, because it's pretty simple.
I am not a troll. I am sorry if it sounds this way. I am just a very simple low key gamer and could not grasp the difference, I did not even realize that mcc was 60 fps until someone told me. Honestly did not even know fps was a thing until it was broadcast so widely with halo 5.
60fps is also closer to normal human eyesight. Anything below 48 fps strains the human eye. It's what causes you to get headaches during lengthy sessions. Similarly to when you try reading without your glasses (provided you wear them.)
60fps is also closer to normal human eyesight. Anything below 48 fps strains the human eye. It's what causes you to get headaches during lengthy sessions. Similarly to when you try reading without your glasses (provided you wear them.)
Did not know about that. Read somewhere eye can perceive up to some where around a hundred. Also I never had a headache like that from games, and aren't movies at 24? But that is still very interesting at an anatomical level I shall have to do more research into that.
It makes the graphics worse and removes splitscreen...

Nahh, I don't feel that way, but a lot of people do. 60fps is nice, but it puts a lot of sacrafice on other elements. I think it should be toggable for people who don't want those sacrifices. But Halo at 60fps looks pretty nice so I'm content.
http://i.minus.com/iKuvI6jaWm9cy.gif
Games are pretty different from movies. Movies at 24 fps don't affect the human eye so much because reaction speeds, detail grasping aren't so important in a movie. But imagine losing a lot of action in a game, especially in fast-paced games. You might just can't react to the game because you lose so much detail due to the low framerate. So 60 fps is pretty important to an FPS, but some people may not be able to see the difference. Of course I'm frustrated of the removal of splitscreen, and I think retaining the 30 fps splitscreen with the 60 fps single player mode is pretty acceptable to me, but there might be more problems than we think, since games are getting more and more sophisticated.
Games are pretty different from movies. Movies at 24 fps don't affect the human eye so much because reaction speeds, detail grasping aren't so important in a movie. But imagine losing a lot of action in a game, especially in fast-paced games. You might just can't react to the game because you lose so much detail due to the low framerate. So 60 fps is pretty important to an FPS, but some people may not be able to see the difference. Of course I'm frustrated of the removal of splitscreen, and I think retaining the 30 fps splitscreen with the 60 fps single player mode is pretty acceptable to me, but there might be more problems than we think, since games are getting more and more sophisticated.
I'm not too much of a cinema expert, do movies still run at 24? I know they were in the 20s during the silent film era.
I'm not too much of a cinema expert, do movies still run at 24? I know they were in the 20s during the silent film era.
Yes movies still run at 24. Some tried doing 48 like the hobbit but that is something I never have or want to experience again, EVER!!
Ramir3z77 wrote:
This.
I'm glad you posted this, thank you. Personally, the difference is minimal to me. The con of losing splitscreen greatly outweighs the pro of a slightly smoother looking game.
well, I'm a lot weaker on 30 fps, I need those 60, no matters what :)
I think it should be toggable for people who don't want those sacrifices.
The game wasn't designed in a way that allows for that functionality.
When they dropped the update on Witcher 3 to drop the FPS from 60 to 30 on the Xbone. You could feel and see the difference.

Also go play halo 4 MM on the xbone for a hour, then go to the 360 and play for a hour. Then back to the Xbone. You will feel the difference so much that your eyes and head actually hurt from the frame rate changes. The 30FPS feels super slow and sluggish that it hurts.
It makes the gameplay a LOT smoother.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6