Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

what does "block" on a persons xbox profile do?

OP MassDriverz

I'm asking cause I just had a game where 2 people were working together, 1 who was useless sat solo in a warthog the entire game and team killed me so their friend could take the top score in the final round

Does me hitting block mean i never ever have to deal with those 2 "people" ever again or is it useless and wont impact H5 specific match making.

I really dislike playing with hard core anti socialites and would love it to bits if blocking meant eventually such people would find it near impossible to find matches
I believe it heavily deprioritizes that person in Matchmaking, meaning you're likely to never see them again. I don't know if it completely stops you from being matched with them, though.
I hope so, even if it just drops the chance back to 1% i'll ever see them again, means I need another 99 games till I do lol Maybe they werent trying to team kill to pad scores, but they were playing together and the person who came dead last, was also the one who was team killing.. . /shrug lol
Sorry that it happened to you. They do take the fun out of playing, I too use the block when I run into bad players in hopes of never running into them again.
I'm asking cause I just had a game where 2 people were working together, 1 who was useless sat solo in a warthog the entire game and team killed me so their friend could take the top score in the final round

Does me hitting block mean i never ever have to deal with those 2 "people" ever again or is it useless and wont impact H5 specific match making.

I really dislike playing with hard core anti socialites and would love it to bits if blocking meant eventually such people would find it near impossible to find matches
Blocking stops them from sending you messages and the like. It can effect matchmaking, but that feature is not turned on for h5.
It's turned off in everything except Dr Menke said he wasn't positive if it was turned off in Firefight which is what I'm assuming you were playing so it could possibly still be on there.

I'm surprised no one booted him if he was betraying everyone.
I used to block such players, but they kept turning up in the same team as me ... and often repeated their poor behaviour ...

I believe that reporting them decreases the chance of playing with them again so i've now started doing that, although some really weird sub-choices have been added to reporting.

However, whether reporting works either is dubious as my reputation screen shows i've only reported 4 ... oh correction ... now 5 since last night (although i reported at least 4 quits).
vengeant wrote:
I used to block such players, but they kept turning up in the same team as me ... and often repeated their poor behaviour ...

I believe that reporting them decreases the chance of playing with them again so i've now started doing that, although some really weird sub-choices have been added to reporting.

However, whether reporting works either is dubious as my reputation screen shows i've only reported 4 ... oh correction ... now 5 since last night (although i reported at least 4 quits).
I think that they added those weird sub choices as a way to discourage people from reporting. I still do it though, bad players with unsporting conducts need to be reported.

Being teamed back up with them is not cool. I recognized one bad player so I just stopped playing seconds into the first round. I couldn't quit as it would give me a strike against me. Watch 3rd place, this guy was griefing everyone:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/e8f20bf6-449a-4534-acf6-c6188493fa9c/players/azgunslinger9mm?gameHistoryMatchIndex=5&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Warzone

He caused one guy to just quit and it seemed that he was trying to prevent anyone else to get kills except for his friends playing with him. I reported and blocked, but if what I just read is true from the mod's post in this thread, nobody cares about actually doing anything about it because they don't care obviously. After Infinite's campaign, I will not be playing multiplayer at all because of that.
It's a good chance you'll never see them again if you block them.