Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What exactly is achilles?

OP GREATMOTHERLAND

ive been hearing about this armor set called achilles, but i have no idea what it is and would like to get some info from the community.
What is a good way to rank up my SR rank? im not doing so good.
ive been hearing about this armor set called achilles, but i have no idea what it is and would like to get some info from the community.
Sounds like you're new to Halo 5. The Achilles set is a armour that can be only unlock by completing:
Quote:
  1. Get to level 3 in all of the Spartan Company Kill Commendations. This awards all members of the Company the Achilles Armor.
  2. Get to level 5 in all of the Spartan Company Kill Commendations. This awards all members of the Company the Achilles Helmet.
If you think it sounds easy, it's not 100 company members to unlock the set. You can ask a bunch of company members that unlocked Achilles and ask them how long it took to unlock the set.
A good way to rank up is to play Warzone or Warzone Assualt. You get a decent amount of XP, especially if you use any XP boosts. Oh, and if you have the legendary AI Kills boost, use it in Firefight and you get around 20k+ XP.
I have achilles it's just ANOTHER armor set tbh.. it does invoke respect, but it's not all that. Anyways on HOW to get it.. you need to join a spartan company that has not completed the commendations for it, in simple terms I say join a spartan company that has more than 80 members and has not yet gotten it, but rather working towards it.
I equipped my Achilles helmet and armor in my avatar for you, so you could see what they look like (Please respond quickly so I can take this armor off ASAP . LOL!) Getting it can be a serous pain in the rear end, as you have to join a Spartan company. There's forums where you can peruse and see companies that are inviting people in. Or, you can skim through companies and find one that looks good and send a request to join. Usually, emailing the leader of the company will give you an idea if they'll let you in. A lot of times, companies want you to be a certain SR level, as they don't want to kick you out if you're not willing to play every day for 6 months ( It DOES get like that with some companies. You've been warned.). If you want the armor, all 100 people in the company have to work together to grind out a humongously ridiculous number of commendations ( 31 different tasks, split up between 100 people...TWICE if you're getting both the armor and the helmet).

- If you want the armor, make sure you join a company that doesn't have it unlocked yet. They ususally say so on their enlistment page. But, If they don't, you can also check their progress on their company's stats/progression page. The key number they should be under ( and pressing for) is level 3 requirements, or 50% of ONLY the kill commendations . THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COMPANY'S ASSIST OR GAME MODE COMMENDATIONS ( HAPPY CAPS LOCK MARCH!). Once your company hits Level 3 requirements, you'll get the armor in a special REQ pack.

- If you want just the helmet, join a company that has already passed level 3, and is on it's way to 100% ( Level 5) in the KILL COMMENDATIONS. Same as above, you'll have to kill thousands of AI, thousands of assasinations, spartan charges, ground pounds, vehicle kills, headshot kills....The list goes on and on. It realy is a LOT of everything. I have a lot of great grinding stories with my company, and I've made some lifelong friends out of the whole ordeal. But in my opinion, the key word is 'ordeal'. I lost a lot of friends too because of their unwillingness to carry their fair share of the load. But hey! I got chrome-y underpants and a pretty sweet bucket out of it. Who needs friends?

If you need help finding a company, you can put feelers out in the Spartan Company recruitment forum. I say volunteer in as many as you can and pick whichever one suits you best. But if you do, be ready to work. It's one gnarly grind.

-If you join a company where only 12 people grind, you're gonna be stuck doing all the work while everyone rides on your back to get the helmet/armor. Make sure you pick a company where everyone plays daily, and be prepared to put in work and do some tasks you might not like to do. Otherwise, you're in for a LONG grind. Choosing the right company is probably the most important step.

( Edit: I change my armor so much, it might be safer to google 'Achilles Halo 5' and just see what it looks like. It's the only armor to my knowledge with chrome-y accents on it.)
A helmet that i love to teabag.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Achilles= grind
I equipped my Achilles helmet and armor in my avatar for you, so you could see what they look like (Please respond quickly so I can take this armor off ASAP . LOL!) Getting it can be a serous pain in the rear end, as you have to join a Spartan company. There's forums where you can peruse and see companies that are inviting people in. Or, you can skim through companies and find one that looks good and send a request to join. Usually, emailing the leader of the company will give you an idea if they'll let you in. A lot of times, companies want you to be a certain SR level, as they don't want to kick you out if you're not willing to play every day for 6 months ( It DOES get like that with some companies. You've been warned.). If you want the armor, all 100 people in the company have to work together to grind out a humongously ridiculous number of commendations ( 31 different tasks, split up between 100 people...TWICE if you're getting both the armor and the helmet).

- If you want the armor, make sure you join a company that doesn't have it unlocked yet. They ususally say so on their enlistment page. But, If they don't, you can also check their progress on their company's stats/progression page. The key number they should be under ( and pressing for) is level 3 requirements, or 50% of ONLY the kill commendations . THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COMPANY'S ASSIST OR GAME MODE COMMENDATIONS ( HAPPY CAPS LOCK MARCH!). Once your company hits Level 3 requirements, you'll get the armor in a special REQ pack.

- If you want just the helmet, join a company that has already passed level 3, and is on it's way to 100% ( Level 5) in the KILL COMMENDATIONS. Same as above, you'll have to kill thousands of AI, thousands of assasinations, spartan charges, ground pounds, vehicle kills, headshot kills....The list goes on and on. It realy is a LOT of everything. I have a lot of great grinding stories with my company, and I've made some lifelong friends out of the whole ordeal. But in my opinion, the key word is 'ordeal'. I lost a lot of friends too because of their unwillingness to carry their fair share of the load. But hey! I got chrome-y underpants and a pretty sweet bucket out of it. Who needs friends?If you need help finding a company, you can put feelers out in the Spartan Company recruitment forum. I say volunteer in as many as you can and pick whichever one suits you best. But if you do, be ready to work. It's one gnarly grind.

-If you join a company where only 12 people grind, you're gonna be stuck doing all the work while everyone rides on your back to get the helmet/armor. Make sure you pick a company where everyone plays daily, and be prepared to put in work and do some tasks you might not like to do. Otherwise, you're in for a LONG grind. Choosing the right company is probably the most important step.

( Edit: I change my armor so much, it might be safer to google 'Achilles Halo 5' and just see what it looks like. It's the only armor to my knowledge with chrome-y accents on it.)
I like this guy. I really, really like this guy.
Honestly it has such a bad rep in the community because of the a-holes that farm to get it. If you're going to wear Achilles, you better have legitimately earned that damn thing.

- If you want just the helmet, join a company that has already passed level 3, and is on it's way to 100% ( Level 5) in the KILL COMMENDATIONS. Same as above, you'll have to kill thousands of AI, thousands of assasinations, spartan charges, ground pounds, vehicle kills, headshot kills....The list goes on and on. It realy is a LOT of everything. I have a lot of great grinding stories with my company, and I've made some lifelong friends out of the whole ordeal. But in my opinion, the key word is 'ordeal'. I lost a lot of friends too because of their unwillingness to carry their fair share of the load. But hey! I got chrome-y underpants and a pretty sweet bucket out of it. Who needs friends?

If you need help finding a company, you can put feelers out in the Spartan Company recruitment forum. I say volunteer in as many as you can and pick whichever one suits you best. But if you do, be ready to work. It's one gnarly grind.

This is totally correct. It can take forever to get if your in an inactive company. If you find one where everyone is committed to the goal it will go very quickly. We got our helmet in only 5 months.