Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

what game mode would you make permanent

OP WilliamRobison

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
with all the rotational game modes in halo 5 there were a few i wish were permanent like mythic shotty snipers or btb super fiesta. so i was wondering what modes everyone else wants to be a permanent instead of rotational?
Well btbsf is on track to stick around for the foreseeable future.

I’m sad action sack got made rotational. It was nice to have something truly social in matchmaking. Though if it came back as permanent, it would need overhaul on the available minigames.
Easy...

Anniversary Throwback!

After that I'd pick a mode, Roaming Kings, and add it to a permanent playlist (Doubles) or permanent playlists (Doubles, BTB, & Team Arena).
Updated Action Sack and BTB.
I would like to see a permanent objective playlist, as in no slayer mixed in
Roaming king was fun but I can see population dwindling the longer it sticks around.

Team objective with only objective game types would be great. Either social or ranked.

Side question - how often does strongholds or CTF come up in big team battle?
how often does strongholds or CTF come up in big team battle?
I think CTF comes up a decent amount when I play BTB. Strongholds a little less often. But I don't think the ratio between these modes and others are terribly crazy by any means.
eLantern wrote:
I think CTF comes up a decent amount when I play BTB. Strongholds a little less often. But I don't think the ratio between these modes and others are terribly crazy by any means.
Btb is mostly Slayer though?

I really enjoy strongholds, it's my favorite game type that is unfortunately few and far between.

I also like breakout when I'm against people at my skill level. It's not enjoyable when you're a low platinum against 2 high diamonds, an onyx and a champ (has happened).
eLantern wrote:
Btb is mostly Slayer though?

I really enjoy strongholds, it's my favorite game type that is unfortunately few and far between.
Strongholds is by far the least represented mode within BTB. Your odds of playing it is 5/29 or just over 17%.

Assault is the second least represented mode within BTB. Your odds of playing it is 7/29 or just over 24%.

Slayer is next. Your odds of playing it is 8/29 or over 27%.

CTF is the most represented mode. Your odds of playing it is 9/29 or just over 31%
Anniversary Throwback, no question. It's the thing that brought me back to PvP yesterday and it's the only thing Halo 5 I'm playing from time to time along with a bit of Firefight. Sure there's the occasional bad game, but I find the CE pistol is the perfect weapon to go along with Halo 5's movement mechanics (since the BR should be the poster child for Nerf). The maps are, as advertised, faithful remasters of the originals. And so on.... Lots of players play it too, so fans can only hope they consider making it permanent. I mean, they're ruining the lineup by replacing BTB with BTBSF anyway (please correct me if this was changed), so a permanent mode which contains many beloved Halo tropes would be appreciated.
eLantern wrote:
Easy...

Anniversary Throwback!

After that I'd pick a mode, Roaming Kings, and add it to a permanent playlist (Doubles) or permanent playlists (Doubles, BTB, & Team Arena).
Roaming king should 100% join btb in my opinion, along with team arena (or at least the core play playlist when it comes around)

I also think all the different btb modes should be in bt super fiesta (assualt, ctf, etc)
Castle Wars
SWAT!!!
ZombieP1ow wrote:
SWAT!!!
swat is already a permanent mode though
And snipers playlist I miss just wanting to relax and have fun so I would throw on shotty snipers. Team snipers was also my favorite playlist
I won't lie I've missed Grif Ball.. Had some good laughs with it. But on a serious note I'd like Sniper game modes back again.
Anniversary throwback for sure. It has been my favorite playlist so far in the social line up. Its kinda nice being able to go back to the TTK of CE via the magnum. While still having the mobility of Halo 5.
Bring back Team Snipers to ranked playlists and don't ever take it away again. It should be law.
Action Sack for sure
team sniper
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2