Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What games modes would you like to see in halo 5?

OP NOTORI3TY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I was thinking it would be fun and intersting to play a team slayer type of game mode with aim assist off. It seems like it would be fun for the people that like a challenge and that wants to get better at aiming. Anyways my question is to you guys, what game modes would you like to see in halo 5? They can be one from another game or and one that you made up please explain the mode after stating the game mode.
Grifball anyone?
If it's got BTB, Team Slayer, SWAT, and heavies I'm good
Action sack, infection, and invasion. Then I will be set for life.
Rocket Racing and Mongoose CTF.
Slayer, Big Team Battle, Capture the Flag, Assault, Territories, King of the Hill, Breakout, and Warzone are the ones I expect to see, and I'll be very, very surprised if none of them make it. Spartan Ops, Firefight, and Invasion would round it off into the dream package, but I very much doubt any of them will appear.

And then of course, crazy stuff like Grifball, Fiesta, Infection and Paintball.
JunkieJD wrote:
Grifball anyone?
yes defiantly
Sorry to be a broken record, but Firefight.
YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd actually pay $500 for halo 5 if it had firefight....no lie
If they made Firefight a £20 DLC, I'd buy it.
Really curious to see if we can come up with a game mode that plays more like Halo 3. I know, I know, trust me I want to give H5 the proper time and attention it deserves, as well as it's time to shine, but if there are good customs options, I can see a lot of disgruntled h2/3 diehards coming around if a playlist of community created h2/3 retrofit gamemodes and maps comes out.

Options for Customs I really really want to see:

- Really want an option to adjust weapon fire rates, this is a great mundane option that enables fine balancing of Time to Kill.
- want options to be able to disable clamber, sprint, thruster and ground pound to make my idea above come to fruition.
- Would really love some bonkers new options as well, like zero gravity, making thruster's cooldown really really low, custom powerups,
- I hope the new forge has good options for controlling REQ cards in customs, like placing legendaries on map, giving everyone specific starting REQ weapon variants, etc.
- I'm really looking for a return to form, with all the custom options of the past that we've come to expect.
Well you have to start with the usual:
Team Slayer
BTB
Swat
Snipers
Doubles
Lone Wolves

And then add on to that
Slayer, Big Team Battle, Capture the Flag, Assault, Territories, King of the Hill, Breakout, and Warzone are the ones I expect to see, and I'll be very, very surprised if none of them make it. Spartan Ops, Firefight, and Invasion would round it off into the dream package, but I very much doubt any of them will appear.

And then of course, crazy stuff like Grifball, Fiesta, Infection and Paintball.
Ok so for some reason the word "paintball" sparked my imagination.

I'm imaginging a round based game mode, where your weapon of choice doesn't fire bullets, but fires paintballs. These balls splatter paint on surfaces (no it's not splatoon, hear me out), including enemy spartans

The idea is that you shoot your own teams colour, and if you manage to 90% cover an enemy in paint, he switches sides to your team Wololo style. The winner of the round is the team that ends up with 8 players of the same colour on them at the end.

Would work REALLY well on the breakout maps.

:D
BTB, Swat, flood and grifball
I want some party games back like Halo 3 had

some fiesta gametypes or infection (not like halo 4)
something that is fun and will get you out of the same old grind of the other gamemodes in warzone and arena.
Halo 3 ninjanaut :D
Team Snipers and SWAT. Although I am excited to play Warzone and Breakout.
atax666 wrote:
JunkieJD wrote:
Grifball anyone?
yes defiantly
Why would you be defiant towards Grifball?
Am i the only one who would love a Halo 5 Ricochet? Shouldercharge, Ground Pounds.. man i miss the beta :/
Team Objective, I want One Bomb, Multi Bomb, One Flag CTF, Normal CTF, Territories. Maybe some new gametypes too, I love me some objective.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2