Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What Halo can adopt from Doom

OP DARTH CEDIOUS

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11
Sprinting needs to go, just because the loud minority wants it, doesn't mean it should be there. If you want armor abilities and sprinting go play Black ops 3, these things have no place in halo. NO PLACE
Did some of you actaully read the post of the OP? All he said was that Halo could learn a thing or two from DOOM, some of which have been in Halo before. OP said nothing about Halo should play excatly like DOOM but that is exactly like some of you are acting.

I also so find some post funny that if DOOM does not do well or is not a lasting shooter 343 should not take anything from it? Snap mode has A.I. you place and forge does not but DOOM fails 343 should never do add A.I. to forge?
You're misreading a lot of the posts then. I myself am not saying halo will play like doom if it copies certain features, what I am saying is there's no reason to even attempt it until the mass gets a real good look at how doom does it first. Like I said earlier, we have no idea how good or In-depth the snap map is until we get to try it. Also, if snap map were to fail due to people not wanting A.I. Involved (just an example) then yes, 343 shouldn't do it cuz there's then proof that players don't want A.I. Mixed in with the creation mode. It's a wait and see game first, then other devs will see if they could possibly take something from doom and mix it up. Same with base speed over sprint, doom will probably settle that argument finally.

By the way, halo probably won't ever have A.I into forge mode due to performance issues (which they've commented on since h3) until they change engines. H5 already lags in certain areas due to so much detail being added, I'd only imagine it'd get much worse with A.I being added.
First let me just say I don't want Halo to copy Snap mode, forge is fine. Now back to the A.I. in snap mode. Even if DOOM screws that up some how the Idea having the option to place A.I. in map editors is great. So saying that if DOOM can't do it then nobody should is really stupid. Also come on now players might not want A.I., that is something people have been asking for a long time. Same with customization, many people want back what we had in Reach and 4. The sprint argument I can understand.
Oh Ghostly wrote:
I can't wait till doom comes out so all of the whiners go play that game.
I agree with you its annoying all the people who complain about halo 5 but never say what exactly for example with sprint i always see it ruined halo but they never explain why its bad and i always say go play mcc or since bearly anyone plays that go play reach and 3 on the 360 since everyone praises those games for some reason.
You either don't pay attention or purposely ignore posts that do explain it, because I've seen many people give countless examples of why sprint is bad.

You may not like their reasons or agree with them, but most of them are legitimate either way.
no its there opinion that sprint is bad just as its my opinion and many others that sprint is good no matter how much they explain it it ill always be a opinion that its bad for halo
I'm not talking about opinions. The guy I quoted said he never sees people give explanations, I said many people do explain it. This isn't about whether sprint is good or bad, please learn to read throughly before responding.
I did and when they explain it or give a example its still just a opinion
Ok, what part of "this is not about opinions" do you not understand? He said he's never seen people explain or give examples, I'm saying many people do.

Regardless of them being opinions or not doesn't matter and it's not what him and I were discussing. He wants people to explain why its bad, and a lot of people do, that's it. This isn't a hard concept to grasp, buddy.

Try reading through his post and mine again, very carefully this time. Take it slow if you need to.
I have played the doom beta and while i like both halo shouldn't copy if anything doom looked to halo when it was being made snap map is halo forge ripped off, it has a lot of customization yet most of it you cant tell a difference in armor. Also like the running animation walking faster than a spartan disrupts flow.
My problem here is you say snapmap is a forge ripoff, its just a map creator, tons of games have them. You create maps in cs:go, is that copying forge, No.
Did some of you actaully read the post of the OP? All he said was that Halo could learn a thing or two from DOOM, some of which have been in Halo before. OP said nothing about Halo should play excatly like DOOM but that is exactly like some of you are acting.

I also so find some post funny that if DOOM does not do well or is not a lasting shooter 343 should not take anything from it? Snap mode has A.I. you place and forge does not but DOOM fails 343 should never do add A.I. to forge?
You're misreading a lot of the posts then. I myself am not saying halo will play like doom if it copies certain features, what I am saying is there's no reason to even attempt it until the mass gets a real good look at how doom does it first. Like I said earlier, we have no idea how good or In-depth the snap map is until we get to try it. Also, if snap map were to fail due to people not wanting A.I. Involved (just an example) then yes, 343 shouldn't do it cuz there's then proof that players don't want A.I. Mixed in with the creation mode. It's a wait and see game first, then other devs will see if they could possibly take something from doom and mix it up. Same with base speed over sprint, doom will probably settle that argument finally.

By the way, halo probably won't ever have A.I into forge mode due to performance issues (which they've commented on since h3) until they change engines. H5 already lags in certain areas due to so much detail being added, I'd only imagine it'd get much worse with A.I being added.
First let me just say I don't want Halo to copy Snap mode, forge is fine. Now back to the A.I. in snap mode. Even if DOOM screws that up some how the Idea having the option to place A.I. in map editors is great. So saying that if DOOM can't do it then nobody should is really stupid. Also come on now players might not want A.I., that is something people have been asking for a long time. Same with customization, many people want back what we had in Reach and 4. The sprint argument I can understand.
Think about the mass. I don't see hundreds of threads asking for A.I. (Hence why I say they shouldn't do it, cuz why put time into something if only a small group will touch it?)I do see quite a bit wanting more custimization, and like I said, older halo games had them, that's a dev issue, asking to have it like doom won't change anything when halo has done it already before but was then removed, not to mention priorities, it is a fps game after all. Much of what the op wants is up to the devs priorities. Halo had great custimization, had a perfect aim system, had good theatre/file share in the past. That's in the dev removing them and it wouldn't be halo adopting it when it's had it before. The only think that would be considered adopted, would be A.I. In forge mode.
Oh Ghostly wrote:
I can't wait till doom comes out so all of the whiners go play that game.
He's just mad that he wasn't very good at halo games until they became twitchy call of duties. Not enough brain to overpower the trains ;)
Richnj wrote:
The irony here is that 90s shooters are becoming popular again.

Sprint was invented to help console games, which 15 years ago were purposely designed to be slower, to have some way of speeding the player up at times. With the COD series getting faster, and other shooters as well. And the fact that players are looking and asking for faster experiences, and that consoles have the power to deliver faster experiences at 60fps the 90s style shooters are seeing a resurgence.

How are 90s style shooters faster than 00s style games?, well for one, that don't have sprint, and if/when they do it doesn't activate a dedicated animation that lowers the weapon, secondly, they also don't use over complicated ADS systems. All things that slow down the pace.

Oh Ghostly wrote:
I can't wait till doom comes out so all of the whiners go play that game.
And given Halo 5's lower than every other major shooters' population problem. If more people do play DOOM, then it's only a matter of time before you find Halo 6 to be more like DOOM.

Like I said, Irony. I think it's time Halo evolved passed sprint.
Where is your data that halo has a lower population than every other major shooter? Just curious, it would be nice if you include links or evidence for an argument such as this. It would be like arguing that Destiny has higher levels of player enjoyment (or player retention if you wanted something with a measureable number and not a survey) than any other game, but not providing any numbers - even if your argument was right or wrong, nobody could tell just by saying it, anyone could always argue its not true. Research and present factual based information, that's the way of the internet (or it should be, instead we usually get one big shouting match).
Oh Ghostly wrote:
I can't wait till doom comes out so all of the whiners go play that game.
Couldn't agree more lol
ladies and gentlemen this is how you anger halo veterans, and many others. Sprint doesn't belong, it ruins the game, before you would have to think before killing someone, but now its all run and gun COD #ClassicHaloGameplay
I agree that halo does not need to take anything from doom. I like halo being it's own unique game. I don't think the add ons like sprint and Spartan abilites ruined halo. But how some people just blindly believe that there isn't a problem with halo's mechanics are ridiculous. Just because you found out how to work around it and how to even use it to your advantage doesn't mean that it isn't a problem. The aim has been a constant issue for me. I just hope they fix it because the game is already a great game it's just the mechanics are in a way unconventional. But my opinion and people need to take others people opinion into consideration to have a civilized discussion about things.
I can't wait until doom comes out so people can be disappointed
So some of you think that Halo shoudn't copy anything, yet they defend Sprint that was copied from other games, defend slide that was copied, ADS that was copied, random rng microtransactions that were copied.. -.-
Quote:
I can't wait till doom comes out so all of the whiners go play that game-Oh Ghostly
have you even played doom? It's great. Halo is great. All games have problems, but all games have their own benefits. try them both out.
Oh Ghostly wrote:
I can't wait till doom comes out so all of the whiners go play that game.
I agree with you its annoying all the people who complain about halo 5 but never say what exactly for example with sprint i always see it ruined halo but they never explain why its bad and i always say go play mcc or since bearly anyone plays that go play reach and 3 on the 360 since everyone praises those games for some reason.
You either don't pay attention or purposely ignore posts that do explain it, because I've seen many people give countless examples of why sprint is bad.

You may not like their reasons or agree with them, but most of them are legitimate either way.
no its there opinion that sprint is bad just as its my opinion and many others that sprint is good no matter how much they explain it it ill always be a opinion that its bad for halo
I'm not talking about opinions. The guy I quoted said he never sees people give explanations, I said many people do explain it. This isn't about whether sprint is good or bad, please learn to read throughly before responding.
I did and when they explain it or give a example its still just a opinion
Ok, what part of "this is not about opinions" do you not understand? He said he's never seen people explain or give examples, I'm saying many people do.

Regardless of them being opinions or not doesn't matter and it's not what him and I were discussing. He wants people to explain why its bad, and a lot of people do, that's it. This isn't a hard concept to grasp, buddy.

Try reading through his post and mine again, very carefully this time. Take it slow if you need to.
No one can explain why its bad because its not
No one gives factual reasons why its bad because there aren't any
Osqutin wrote:
So some of you think that Halo shoudn't copy anything, yet they defend Sprint that was copied from other games, defend slide that was copied, ADS that was copied, random rng microtransactions that were copied.. -.-
Honestly I think you're seeing wrong then, generally it's the sprint "defenders" saying games need to evolve and change, so why would they be vs copying other things if it's still change?
Did some of you actaully read the post of the OP? All he said was that Halo could learn a thing or two from DOOM, some of which have been in Halo before. OP said nothing about Halo should play excatly like DOOM but that is exactly like some of you are acting.

I also so find some post funny that if DOOM does not do well or is not a lasting shooter 343 should not take anything from it? Snap mode has A.I. you place and forge does not but DOOM fails 343 should never do add A.I. to forge?
You're misreading a lot of the posts then. I myself am not saying halo will play like doom if it copies certain features, what I am saying is there's no reason to even attempt it until the mass gets a real good look at how doom does it first. Like I said earlier, we have no idea how good or In-depth the snap map is until we get to try it. Also, if snap map were to fail due to people not wanting A.I. Involved (just an example) then yes, 343 shouldn't do it cuz there's then proof that players don't want A.I. Mixed in with the creation mode. It's a wait and see game first, then other devs will see if they could possibly take something from doom and mix it up. Same with base speed over sprint, doom will probably settle that argument finally.

By the way, halo probably won't ever have A.I into forge mode due to performance issues (which they've commented on since h3) until they change engines. H5 already lags in certain areas due to so much detail being added, I'd only imagine it'd get much worse with A.I being added.
First let me just say I don't want Halo to copy Snap mode, forge is fine. Now back to the A.I. in snap mode. Even if DOOM screws that up some how the Idea having the option to place A.I. in map editors is great. So saying that if DOOM can't do it then nobody should is really stupid. Also come on now players might not want A.I., that is something people have been asking for a long time. Same with customization, many people want back what we had in Reach and 4. The sprint argument I can understand.
Think about the mass. I don't see hundreds of threads asking for A.I. (Hence why I say they shouldn't do it, cuz why put time into something if only a small group will touch it?)I do see quite a bit wanting more custimization, and like I said, older halo games had them, that's a dev issue, asking to have it like doom won't change anything when halo has done it already before but was then removed, not to mention priorities, it is a fps game after all. Much of what the op wants is up to the devs priorities. Halo had great custimization, had a perfect aim system, had good theatre/file share in the past. That's in the dev removing them and it wouldn't be halo adopting it when it's had it before. The only think that would be considered adopted, would be A.I. In forge mode.
We've given up.
adhocRONIN wrote:
Richnj wrote:
The irony here is that 90s shooters are becoming popular again.

Sprint was invented to help console games, which 15 years ago were purposely designed to be slower, to have some way of speeding the player up at times. With the COD series getting faster, and other shooters as well. And the fact that players are looking and asking for faster experiences, and that consoles have the power to deliver faster experiences at 60fps the 90s style shooters are seeing a resurgence.

How are 90s style shooters faster than 00s style games?, well for one, that don't have sprint, and if/when they do it doesn't activate a dedicated animation that lowers the weapon, secondly, they also don't use over complicated ADS systems. All things that slow down the pace.

Oh Ghostly wrote:
I can't wait till doom comes out so all of the whiners go play that game.
And given Halo 5's lower than every other major shooters' population problem. If more people do play DOOM, then it's only a matter of time before you find Halo 6 to be more like DOOM.

Like I said, Irony. I think it's time Halo evolved passed sprint.
Where is your data that halo has a lower population than every other major shooter? Just curious, it would be nice if you include links or evidence for an argument such as this. It would be like arguing that Destiny has higher levels of player enjoyment (or player retention if you wanted something with a measureable number and not a survey) than any other game, but not providing any numbers - even if your argument was right or wrong, nobody could tell just by saying it, anyone could always argue its not true. Research and present factual based information, that's the way of the internet (or it should be, instead we usually get one big shouting match).
Okay, so right now, 12:35 PM Pacific Standard time, Halo 5 is 12th on the MPXBL games, and Battlefront is 15th. Battlefront's current population is around 14,000. None of the other games on the chart that are above Halo 5 have population counts, so a little fudge factor is needed, unfortunately. I'm guessing that the current population is around 30,000 players at this time, give or take.

I really wish there was a version of Steam Charts for Xbox, as it would make this sort of estimations much easier and involve less guesswork.
Lol Doom, a great old school game that is trying to become big again in this competition of shooters. Don't think anyone is going to be taking advice from it.
The doom beta was dumb and bad. Last thing halo needs is anything from doom
Lol Doom, a great old school game that is trying to become big again in this competition of shooters. Don't think anyone is going to be taking advice from it.
Doom is still really fun. it has all the classic mechanics, and has new ones on top of those. it evolved.
adhocRONIN wrote:
Richnj wrote:
The irony here is that 90s shooters are becoming popular again.

Sprint was invented to help console games, which 15 years ago were purposely designed to be slower, to have some way of speeding the player up at times. With the COD series getting faster, and other shooters as well. And the fact that players are looking and asking for faster experiences, and that consoles have the power to deliver faster experiences at 60fps the 90s style shooters are seeing a resurgence.

How are 90s style shooters faster than 00s style games?, well for one, that don't have sprint, and if/when they do it doesn't activate a dedicated animation that lowers the weapon, secondly, they also don't use over complicated ADS systems. All things that slow down the pace.

Oh Ghostly wrote:
I can't wait till doom comes out so all of the whiners go play that game.
And given Halo 5's lower than every other major shooters' population problem. If more people do play DOOM, then it's only a matter of time before you find Halo 6 to be more like DOOM.

Like I said, Irony. I think it's time Halo evolved passed sprint.
Where is your data that halo has a lower population than every other major shooter? Just curious, it would be nice if you include links or evidence for an argument such as this. It would be like arguing that Destiny has higher levels of player enjoyment (or player retention if you wanted something with a measureable number and not a survey) than any other game, but not providing any numbers - even if your argument was right or wrong, nobody could tell just by saying it, anyone could always argue its not true. Research and present factual based information, that's the way of the internet (or it should be, instead we usually get one big shouting match).
Okay, so right now, 12:35 PM Pacific Standard time, Halo 5 is 12th on the MPXBL games, and Battlefront is 15th. Battlefront's current population is around 14,000. None of the other games on the chart that are above Halo 5 have population counts, so a little fudge factor is needed, unfortunately. I'm guessing that the current population is around 30,000 players at this time, give or take.

I really wish there was a version of Steam Charts for Xbox, as it would make this sort of estimations much easier and involve less guesswork.
If going by this XBL link , I think its bs, Stars Wars Battlefront has a lower population then BF4.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11