Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What happened to Halo bringing people together?

OP Zancuran

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
And so the days of the Golden Age are Gone but not forgotten.

I for one remember being told about Halo and it got me wanting to get the game because I found it fun and engaging, though now I am older I feel Halo doesnt bring that vibe anymore and is now just your basic, generic shooter. I can agree that halo needed to evolve but at what cost though. How could 343 honestly make this series the best? It doesnt have to be the number one game out there but it needs to be the best it possibly can be and to engage people into wanting to tell others about it and have more people play the game and not throw it out within a week of it being out.

I feel Halo 5 lost even more people that loved the franchise but if 343 plays their cards right and does the right thing for Halo 6 I am hoping to see more players come and old ones make a return. your guys opinions on what can make Halo great again?
Go to the Halo reddit. It's a far more cheery place and there is a sub reddit for finding new friends to play with. If your using the Halo Waypoint community as an example as the Halo community as a whole. Then your at the wrong place.

The Halo waypoint community is so salty that many of the decent community avoid this place like the plegue
It certainly wouldn't hurt to release finished products. We don't need tons of (largely terrible) customization options, what we do need is gamemodes and maps.
December of 2012 happened my friend that's why I still play H3 online to this day.
Personally I loved H5 it's not my favorite story wise but in my opinion the gameplay feels the best it has in years. And I've always said that with each halo game for me the evolution just felt natural. So for me what they could do with H6 to make it the best they could was to basically keep this engine or playstyle (in other words keep the gameplay) maybe improve it a little like the halo series always have. But put everything into the story, put your hearts into the story. And keep chief in the picture at all times, don't give us 3 missions and leave us with sequel bait. Not saying I hated Locke but I play halo for chief, leave in the 4 player Co-op and let us pick between Osiris and Blue team. Cause I like all these characters, they've all got decent backstory and make me feel like a mini master chief when I'm playing them. But always keep chief in the picture.
And have a climactic ending like halo 1, 3, and 4. Halo 5 tried with the last master chief mission, where they started playing that classic halo music. I felt pumped runnin and gunnin, but it didn't really pay off just a horde mode with warden eternal. No give me a super warden or something, have all them join up to make this giant monster warden, Make it epic.
And make your game split screen, after readin thousands of comments and watching tons of videos, people want split screen. I personally don't mind cause I only got one controller anyways. But the people want it, so if you have to lower the resolution a bit I'm sure no one would mind as long as they can couch Co-op.

These se additions to me would make a perfect halo game.
Gone are the days where Halo had an amazing community that actually cared, that was the old Halo, this is the new Halo where it's more about profit than the community. This new version of Halo is aimed towards the younger generation which is more toxic and cancerous than ever before, they don't care about what Halo used to be, like a lot of the older fans such as myself. They want stupid things like pizza skins for their guns and crap like that over actual original content, good map design and great gameplay. It makes me really sad to say that the Halo I know and loved is now gone the only thing left of it is its brand name which Microsoft and 343 are going to milk the absolute crap out of, because Halo as a brand name sells copies, so why would they take the hard route of actually putting in hard work and effort into their game when they could just slap the name on anything and make a few quick bucks and then add microtransactions to it to continue sucking you dry of cash even though you already paid full price for the game.
The community turned into a swarm of whining pissbabies. It used to be the exception that you'd find a bad egg, now it's nearly the rule.
Becuase people get older, we get more grumpy and grizzly its like looking back at summer in your younger years you can't always recreate the past, time move forward things change
There has been a change in gaming culture also there are a lot of people who only view halo through their nostalgia goggles. Yeah I remember the good times I had in the past but that was a long time ago and in different stage of my life when I had far more free time to play. It was also a time when people used mics more often before the trolls had completely ruined the experience for everyone. I would love to talk to people more in game but I cringe every time I plug my mic in since there are still people who insist on being complete trolls to everyone in game chat.
New player base. The current community is immature and loves to complain even when they get what they ask for. It's becoming unbearable.
It's bc Halo 5 is HARD to play. You need to focus so much on the game play, there is NO time for LOVE.
i blame commendations n achievements n unlocks.
Halo is all about them competitive Esports now. Nothing better to bring people together than hardcore elitism
There are lots of people playing but it doesn't always feel like it because no one uses mics, so it's a solitary experience. I joined a Spartan company and try to play regularly with them. It makes a big difference.
There are lots of people playing but it doesn't always feel like it because no one uses mics, so it's a solitary experience. I joined a Spartan company and try to play regularly with them. It makes a big difference.
Well if a lot of people are playing the game then where is pop counter? I enjoy Halo 5 too but I feel that it will be dead by the time things actually get fixed.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
i blame commendations n achievements n unlocks.
That makes no sense what so ever. Reach had commendations and sold over 8 million copies. If Halo 4 had just had sprint, and no other armor abilities, it would have been much more positively received by fans and critics. Halo would be among the top 3 most played xbox live games again. Just imagine...
That's what happens when couch co-op is gone... now it's just a bunch of -Yoinks!- raging in their bedrooms trying to get high K/D count
Go to the Halo reddit. It's a far more cheery place and there is a sub reddit for finding new friends to play with. If your using the Halo Waypoint community as an example as the Halo community as a whole. Then your at the wrong place.

The Halo waypoint community is so salty that many of the decent community avoid this place like the plegue
Halo Reddit? That place is full of 343-loving circlejerk. It's no different than Halo waypoint.

Halo Reddit? That place is full of 343-loving circlejerk. It's no different than Halo waypoint.
Ive never really been there so i cant say for myself honestly. How would they be different? Any link would be nice to see.
Zancuran wrote:
Well if a lot of people are playing the game then where is pop counter? I enjoy Halo 5 too but I feel that it will be dead by the time things actually get fixed.
All games are abandoning population counters...

Even CoD hasn't had one in 2-3 years, whenever ghosts was...

And Black Ops 3 doesn't have one and its the most played game on both consoles right now...

But what it does have is a population percentage per playlist...which Halo does need
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3