Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What happened to the population?

OP Geth Pathfinder

I noticed that a couple of weeks ago it has become harder to find matches. Now Warzone is the only reliable place I can go. Maybe more people are playing the MCC since the Reach news.
the game is less and less played, 343 it is said that would make a sort can be the playlists to gather precisely the players
Tbh it seems everyone is on the grind to hit max rank for infinite, so wff is where everyone goes now...
marhorn wrote:
Tbh it seems everyone is on the grind to hit max rank for infinite, so wff is where everyone goes now...
Maybe people are getting tired of it? I’m at 142 and thinking of giving up. It’s hard just to make myself play Halo 5. I’m going over to the MCC when Reach is added.
Grifball came back and Infection is double XP all month long. People determined to make the 152 push and Grifball maniacs are stuffing those game types right now.
Most are probably playing the playlist offering increased XP, like infection...
WZFF and Infection most likely has the lion's share of the players. Double xp in Infection, grinding for 152.
I am 900k to 151. I just need to get through 151 and do not want to play exclusively firefight to do it. Please come back folks!

Also, I hope they assign a double XP playlist every month going forward, and preferably not infection. I know it was probably infection this month because of Halloween.

Holiday fiesta was a blast last year. Quick games and objectives included.
ZaedynFel wrote:
There's a few things.

Most playlists are around 99%+ success rate in matchmaking within 5 minutes max for most if not all of the day.

Some less popular lists have had pop float down to below the tipping point needed for consistent matchmaking during off hours (usually after midnight Pacific Time). This can cause periods of time where it is not possible to play those playlists (FFA, Assault, H3 Classic, Elimination, Covenant Slayer, Warzone). Outside off hours, though, they are still showing ~99% success rates.

BTB is a list where it's the other way around. There are brief lucky periods at peak hours where you might get a match, but it's usually impossible.
marhorn wrote:
What does reaching max rank in H5 do for you in Halo infinite?
marhorn wrote:
You get 'something' but no one knows yet. Lots of speculation saying an emblem, I'm hoping for something more unique, like a decal for your armor kind of how Titan Fall did for the people who got past 5th generation before the patched it to make it easier(you got a decal that was visible no matter which Titan you picked).
I think it's the hitting the rank of 152 myself which I guess its understandable people want their rewards, but it kinda sucks because that means less people are playing and that sucks. I dont want to be matched with the same people most of the time.
To be fair, it’s a 4 year old game that didn’t have the strongest following to begin with. I love playing it, but once I get to 152 I’m uninstalling it. As fun as it is, I feel satisfied with the amount of time I’ve put into the game and I lost the desire to play it a few months ago. I’m tired of getting matched against the same teams every day and I’m tired of not being able to find matches in playlists that I enjoy. I hope the population survives enough so people that want to play it can, but it’s time for me to take a long break until the Infinite flights begin.
People get busy towards the end of the year more and summer is definitely less hectic post July. Plus, the kids go away to school and its around midterms anyways.
marhorn wrote:
I think you get some kind of top secret emblem in Infinite for getting 152 in H5. Like we need more emblems... lol.
I am 900k to 151. I just need to get through 151 and do not want to play exclusively firefight to do it. Please come back folks!

Also, I hope they assign a double XP playlist every month going forward, and preferably not infection. I know it was probably infection this month because of Halloween.

Holiday fiesta was a blast last year. Quick games and objectives included.
This... Plus I wish they would start cutting loose with the Legendary XP boost packs. From 151 to 152 is 26 million XP... OUCH!!!!
To be fair, it’s a 4 year old game that didn’t have the strongest following to begin with. I love playing it, but once I get to 152 I’m uninstalling it. As fun as it is, I feel satisfied with the amount of time I’ve put into the game and I lost the desire to play it a few months ago. I’m tired of getting matched against the same teams every day and I’m tired of not being able to find matches in playlists that I enjoy. I hope the population survives enough so people that want to play it can, but it’s time for me to take a long break until the Infinite flights begin.
My sentiments exactly. Hoping to pound out 151 in 4-5 months, then I'll probably play reach for the most part.
Unfortunately it's a waste of time at the time I can normally play (UK 6-9pm) even at weekends it's a long wait, MCC is only option for my Halo fix :(
LethalQ wrote:
Most are probably playing the playlist offering increased XP, like infection...
Yea I can find infection very quickly
Feel free to use the dedicated thread linked below.