[Locked] What if Halo & CoD United?

OP carltonhilson

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
What if 343i and Treyarch & Infinity Ward joined forces to collaboratively create one enormous FPS game. Halo's story, and full-blown CoD MP mechanics on a brand new engine. Share the glory of Halo with the Sony folk. Allow for cross-platform MP. Make 64+ player BTB matches a cinch.

From a mechanics and gameplay standpoint, I feel like these franchises are drawing closer and closer together. Why not combine the best of both worlds, exponentially increase population levels, and dominate the FPS genre for 30 years, just like Bonnie Ross and MS want?

We're so close...and yet we're still so far away from our dream game. Anyone else wanna see these two incredible franchises fully fused together, finally once and for all? I know I do.
What if 343i and Treyarch & Infinity Ward joined forces to collaboratively create one enormous FPS game. Halo's story, and full-blown CoD MP mechanics on a brand new engine. Share the glory of Halo with the Sony folk. Allow for cross-platform MP. Make 64+ player BTB matches a cinch.

From a mechanics and gameplay standpoint, I feel like these franchises are drawing closer and closer together. Why not combine the best of both worlds, exponentially increase population levels, and dominate the FPS genre for 30 years, just like Bonnie Ross and MS want?

We're so close...and yet we're still so far away from our dream game. Anyone else wanna see these two incredible franchises fully fused together, finally once and for all? I know I do.
No! CoD and Halo will NOT mix. I guess it's slightly possible but...no.
I honestly don't. The COD's are blending together, but Halo will still be it's own thing, even if it does borrow elements from COD.
Yeah, I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume you're alone in wanting that.

No! CoD and Halo will NOT mix. I guess it's slightly possible but...no.
Ah, don't let the hateful resonances of the MCC crowd cloud your vision, McShadowWolf. From a business perspective, this makes a lot of sense. This would greatly bolster each sides' security with regards to their products' long-term profitability. Both franchises are accused of exhaustion, and hybridization is already happening equally on both sides. I think this could be an excellent move, both for the companies and the players alike.
What a great idea. Why don't we throw some Assassin's Creed in there as well?
I feel like this is just trolling. I am against it.
Disolus wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume you're alone in wanting that.
Why is this your guess, Disolus? For several years these two franchises have been sharing each others' successful gameplay mechanics. They simply call the mechanics different names. Why not share everything and make one excellent, complete FPS? Halo's story, CoD's gameplay underneath the hood of Halo aesthetics. Wow! CoD's futuristic soldiers will only continue to look more and more like the Master Chief, ya know.

that would be horrible... yuk
Get out. Lol.
I just threw up in my mouth :D
Guys. I have news. It's a joke. Relax
I feel like this is just trolling. I am against it.
I'm not trolling! You say you're against it, yet you're here supporting it happening at a snails pace. Why not simply drop this Halo/CoD division, speed up the clear path of each game's evolution, and actually let the dev's create us an innovative game. People say "Halo is turning into CoD" and vice versa (as if that's a bad thing), and it's true. They are becoming more and more alike, and the convergence is neither a bad thing nor one specific to just one side. They're both obviously taking notes from each other. These console and game franchise wars do nothing but stagnate the inevitable. Let's just allow Halo to fully dawn the CoD mechanics it's been slowly adopting for years, and progress. This crawling pace is neither evolution nor innovation; it's frustrating and boring. Halo's strength is CoD's weakness - Its' campaign. CoD's strength is now Halo's weakness - MP (with a huge, dedicated population and community). Both sides' MP fanbase are fighting with one another and dividing within themselves, yet neither franchise is really backing down from their clearly intended paths. Let's just embrace the best of both and actually get an all-around excellent game!
Oh wait, he is serious. Time to log off
Let's just make all video games one video game.
Don't be ridiculous. Nobody could make that work. What Halo really needs is more Cooking Mama.
Guys. I have news. It's a joke. Relax
Is it? Why? Why is this a joke, but both franchises becoming more like one another with each release something most support? I just read about 50 posts which suggested Halo must evolve in order to remain relevant, and I've seen the same exact defensive comments on the CoD boards...who would've ever guessed such a thing?! So must games evolve at a very similar pace as living organisms on this planet? Must we wait a billion years before this happens? Or can we (on both sides) just admit the obvious is occurring, embrace it, and actually push for some true evolution and innovation?
Let's just make all video games one video game.
Maybe... When there's sufficient hardware to make such a thing feasibly possible. For now, we're talking about two franchises, which are undeniably playing more and more alike with each release, from either and or both sides. You're here, so I assume you support Halo 5. If my assumption is correct, how on Earth can this seem like such a far-fetched notion?
Assassins Creed isn't even an FPS, now is it? If you want to mock me, you could at least do us both a favor by taking a few minutes to come up with something that actually fits.
Halo 5 as I played it is a loooooong way from being Call of Duty, I mean, seriously. You've basically got sprint (I wouldn't say CoD, but whatever), and an ADS inspired mechanic (not CoD derived, again, but WHATEVER).

So a game has sprint in it and it automatically must merge with its rival franchise? Okay, well, let's just merge every single FPS on the market right now in to some kind of Frankenstein's game.

Yeah, great plan! 343i, you get on that while I get this straight jacket on the OP.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10