Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What if the reason why 343 is taking so long...

OP MaldyMaldy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Is because they are adding new weapons, maps and game modes, including a pure pve mode to the game in one giant free update or dlc? Would you be happy with this? It's possible that this could be the case for the apparently light updates they've been putting in.
Or they are designing over 9000 + Armors and Mongoose / Warthog skins to add to their cash grab, err sorry Req system so they can keep getting more money.
It would certainly ameliorate the current situation, but it wouldn't absolve them of blame for these things being late in the first place.
Or because creating brand new gametypes, maps and content from scratch takes a lot longer than one month and people need to realize that most of this content has been in the works for months.
Lol, highly unlikely. Remember, this is 343 we're talking about.
Or they are designing over 9000 + Armors and Mongoose / Warthog skins to add to their cash grab, err sorry Req system so they can keep getting more money.
For real though. There are so many different warthogs and mongeese that I NEVER get any good cards. I have a Mantis certification, and rarely see it. If I get a ultra-rare or legendary card, it will most likely be a hog.
or they could have released a full game.....or they could resurface the programming of past Halo gametypes with a few changes to take into account thrusters and sprint and put them in Halo 5. Its honestly not that hard since Infection, oddball, etc, etc have already existed (dont give me that "youre not 343" bs either cuz i know programming). Let modders take over and make the gametypes, lol, they'll actually get them out and quickly
My responce to OP

Don't get your hopes up, mate.
RhysWX wrote:
Or because creating brand new gametypes, maps and content from scratch takes a lot longer than one month and people need to realize that most of this content has been in the works for months.
Brand new? We're asking for old gametypes and since this game is clearly built using a tonne of Halo 4 assets it's not crazy to ask for them to re use some gametypes.
RhysWX wrote:
Brand new? We're asking for old gametypes and since this game is clearly built using a tonne of Halo 4 assets it's not crazy to ask for them to re use some gametypes.
^^^^^thank you
wait and see I guess
For real though....
For real though....
I would love new weapons like gravity hammer, grenade launcher, sticky detonator, etc. even some vehicles like spectre and revanant or whatever it's called from previous games. Just no more vehicle skins!!!! Please!!!! It's quite frustrating honestly have so many.

And OP, I can only hope so.
I for one have lost all faith in the so called free DLC that we are suppose to be getting. I have no reason to think we will get any quality maps. Certainly not any quantity of maps, Nor gametypes. BTB as it currently is, is a shadow of what it has been in prior games. BTB is suppose to have big maps, vehicles spawning at both ends of the maps. Its not suppose to be one vehicle that both teams fight for and the vehicle gets destroyed before it gets used any. One Mantis or tank to fight over, what kind of garbage is that? NOT ONE QUALITY MAP, NOT ONE for BTB. Not to mention the ridiculous lighting on Recurve. For all the hype of Warzone (which I do enjoy the gametype), only having 4 maps is pathetic. One of the major complaints at H4's launch was the pathetic low number of maps. Give me the game engine and I will develop a map is 2 weeks(80 hrs) and I will do it for free.
RhysWX wrote:
But they had, what, 3 years to make a game with more game types/playlists? I would hope that they started working on new playlists and game modes well before the final release of the game. Thing is, with the few play lists they did release it with, you have to wonder when they started working on the others.

Also, let's not forget that they already have play lists available, that for some reason, they think it's a good ideal to only release some play lists/game modes for a weekend or during the holidays, and then remove them. Which is annoying if you really do like a certain game mode, only to see it gone so soon, with no word on when it's coming back.
I think we will probably just keep getting the holiday/ weekend playlists every once in a while and maybe a map here and there but don't worry we'll have plenty of REQ cards to get like maybe a helmet with a different white line on it or a couple more camos for our scout hogs!
Techarch 1 wrote:
For real though. There are so many different warthogs and mongeese that I NEVER get any good cards. I have a Mantis certification, and rarely see it. If I get a ultra-rare or legendary card, it will most likely be a hog.
and getting a hog is so useless if you play warzone as a lonewolf when nobody is using mic
wafflewave wrote:
or they could have released a full game.....or they could resurface the programming of past Halo gametypes with a few changes to take into account thrusters and sprint and put them in Halo 5. Its honestly not that hard since Infection, oddball, etc, etc have already existed (dont give me that "youre not 343" bs either cuz i know programming). Let modders take over and make the gametypes, lol, they'll actually get them out and quickly
And I'm a lawyer. Jk, but you see my point? I can't know if you are really a programmer. Also, you certainly don't type like the ones I know. Repurposing old gametypes isn't as simple as taking it from other games and doing it again. This is a new engine, a new console, and a new game. That's like trying to take C++ and trying to write the same code in RUBY or Python. Different scripts work differently and some of them are a lot more labor intensive, especially if you want to do unique things. If modders were (kinda a weird idea, but let's roll with it) to have a hand in halo, do you really think they could program for every scenario? What if the infection mod, every time a player thrusted, you became uninfected. Would they have the know-how to properly address that? Or what if they couldn't figure out how to do juggernaut?
So why don't YOU not give all of US that bs that you know programming and suggest modders. I also like that you never said what you could do, just give it to others and let them do it, right? As for being a full game....This is just a reality, but how many games had full releases in the past year. No day one patch, no nothing. I mean, look at GTA V's multiplayer, it came two weeks after the main campaign, was literally unplayable for almost two months for some people. Just...dude. Don't lie on the internet to make yourself seem more important and have your opinion validated, because it really doesn't matter and neither does mine.
There will be no PvE in H5 sorry
Some people here will never be happy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4