What's my bane of existence? The REQ Pack RNG Loot Boxes. So much of what is wrong with the game can be directly tied to them.
- Loot boxes replaced what should've been an actual progression system
- They dumbed down armor customization, so it's "easier" to get a full set from the loot boxes
- There are few quality armor pieces, with tons of trash armor and reskins just to fluff up the loot boxes
- Armor as a whole is poorly designed, with complicated Primary/Secondary color schemes and same-colored undersuits
- Loot boxes ruined emblems, once customizable and unique, now they're pre-set and locked away behind RNG loot boxes
- Weapon skins, in my opinion, don't belong in Halo, and the reason we have so many is just to fluff up the loot boxes
- We don't need 20-30 variations of loadout weapons, they're unnecessary and loot box filler
- Weapon and Vehicle Certifications make the game way to one-sided towards veteran players or big spenders
- We don't need 3-5 variations of each power weapon and vehicle, they're unnecessary and loot box filler
- Warzone could have been an unbalanced, but even game mode, but since you can spend money for certifications, it's pay-for-power
And if Frank O'Connor's delusional logic is anything to go by, this system is here to stay in Halo 6, and is only going to get worse. Much worse.
Outside of the loot boxes, I hate fighting the Prometheans. Love fighting the Covenant, but fighting Prometheans is annoying and a chore. Also not a fan of the overall art style, but I wouldn't really consider that as a huge problem I have with the game.