Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What is the real rarity of reqs?

OP Oceanist247

I have noticed that it seems impossible for me to get wasps, but I got a halo CE magnum and 2 didacts signets the other day, along with a SPNKr Prime. Note, I have been playing since day one, every other weekend. It made me wonder about the true rarity of reqs. Any ideas about the true req rarities? I will post a list with my opinion of req rarity soon, but want to know what others think.
This video isn't perfect, but it gives you a pretty good idea.
What they say. It’s all rng after that. I know people who can never get a Helios phaeton and know others who get them every few packs. It’s luck of the draw
Not really any way to know other than luck. I get more Hannibal Scorpions than wasps which is just strange to me.
Not really any way to know other than luck. I get more Hannibal Scorpions than wasps which is just strange to me.
Better to get something rather than nothing, eh?
I've never purchased a req with real money.
That being said, I think they are completely random.
But thats what the crud is for.

Spoiler:
Show
I'm pretty sure it is random.
Do you have a Hannibal Scorpion certificate? that might explain it a bit, but if not, my point exactly.
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it is random.
If they were completely random, then why are they labeled with rarities?
According to my observations 100 silver packs you will get about 10 wasps. 1 in 10. 100 gold packs would get you 9 wasps. 100 gold packs could net you 4 ONI wasps.
I'm starting to think that the real rarities vary from player to player, and it's just kind of random. The Common-Legendary ratings just mark the ranges of possible rarities for each given item. So, Legendary items are generally more rare than Uncommon ones, but more likely than not there is somebody out there who gets more Phaetons than Wraiths.

In all honesty though I don't know what to make of rarity system, though. It's too complicated.
Totally random, just like unlocking armor and weapons. I wish there was a method to the madness, I rarely get Phaeton Helios.
It varies from person to person what becomes the most common for you, at one point I got all 3 needlers all the time, now I get Open hand boltshots consistently. But I always get Halo 5 beam rifles no matter what in almost every pack, after opening 150 packs in 1 night I kinda think it's a conspiracy that it gives you more of the weapons you use the least since the halo 5 beam rifle is my least used weapon.