1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Brute plasma rifle
People are always saying that the brute is overpowered by I just don't see it. I try using it all the time and can't figure it out. It will burn the OS but what else?
The Plasma Turret is your typical Nerf Super Soaker on the battlefield
Spoiler:
Show
MIKEW9788 wrote:
Brute plasma rifle
People are always saying that the brute is overpowered by I just don't see it. I try using it all the time and can't figure it out. It will burn the OS but what elIt's
It's an amazing weapon at melting down shields and health incredibly quickly. It's like the Storm rifle in Halo 4.
Meant to be used up close, at any other range you kinda have to lead your shots with it due to the plasma moving slowly.

It's essentially a shoot and melee weapon. Incredibly useful.
MIKEW9788 wrote:
Brute plasma rifle
People are always saying that the brute is overpowered by I just don't see it. I try using it all the time and can't figure it out. It will burn the OS but what else?
It overheats in the same number of shots that it kills so you have to seriously be good at aiming plasma weapons. It's good as a shoot melee combo and works well as a plasma pistol substitute. When I use it I fire till I break the shield (doesn't take a lot of shots) then thrust to cool the weapon a little so all my shots can be used on health.
Rocket pods are an abomination of a weapon. Slow you down, cost a decent amount of energy, don't lock on. Yuck.
MIKEW9788 wrote:
Brute plasma rifle
It overheats in the same number of shots that it kills so you have to seriously be good at aiming plasma weapons. It's good as a shoot melee combo and works well as a plasma pistol substitute. When I use it I fire till I break the shield (doesn't take a lot of shots) then thrust to cool the weapon a little so all my shots can be used on health.
I will try that. Sounds like a good idea.
SMG
The smg does suck now too.
The pistol. because people are obsessed with it. since halo 1 they have been obsessed. now that HCS is pistol only and the pro community couldn't be happier than ever to be rid of autos it is the most BORING game play in all the halos ever. monotone sound effects all over the map. no need to pick up BRs or carbines (i mean why are they even on the map after the weapons tuning). all in this golden calf crusade in search of "skill". which as we all know skill is 100% in the users ability to control the right joystick. I dont even know why we have maps with walls to hide behind. or movement at all. halo should be a UFC octagon and people just spawn unable to move and its up to their right joysticks to bring home the V. MLG 2018 is looking promising
That's a handful but i mostly agree
MIKEW9788 wrote:
SMG
Well they made it an actual close quarters weapon
Regice554 wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Any weapon that hinders movement. I.e. turrent, gauss cannon, etc.
Wuttttt, but the gauss cannon can be good sometimes! its a one shot kill that has crazy range and accuracy. At the very least its good for shooting vehicles
mostly covy vehicles
Oathsworn is amazing in the right hands! But I'm also a shotgun guy so Idk.

I still use it when I can but overall the regular suppressor is probably the weakest hand weapon in the whole game.
The range is too bad. Lawgiver with a speedboost would honestly be better.
Oathsworn is amazing in the right hands! But I'm also a shotgun guy so Idk.

I still use it when I can but overall the regular suppressor is probably the weakest hand weapon in the whole game.
MIKEW9788 wrote:
SMG
I've tried smg up close and it seems to get outdone by a multitude of other guns.
For me it's a toss up between plasma rifle and the rocket turret. Neither seem to have the grouping to be worth anything.
Regice554 wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Any weapon that hinders movement. I.e. turrent, gauss cannon, etc.
Wuttttt, but the gauss cannon can be good sometimes! its a one shot kill that has crazy range and accuracy. At the very least its good for shooting vehicles
Yes, if you play smart you can deal some serious damage. You're just such an easy target while doing so.
Maybe it's just my playing style but:

• Boltshot: It's actually a little bit underrated especially if you catch someone in the open, but most circumstances, you'll lose the fight since most others will be better armed than you. The Closed Fist and Open Hand help this by having more ammo and better tracking capabilities, but it doesn't really do much better.
  • Rocket Turret: They should've at least give it tracking abilities like Halo 3's Missile Pod, plus anyone who sees it coming from afar can easily avoid them. Makes you slow too, amounting to a pretty easy picking.
  • Any weapon with the Knight Blade: If the vehicle explodes, you'll lose just about all your shields at that range, provided you haven't been damaged already. Against other players, it has regular melee damage and unlocks at the same tier as the bayonet. I'd rather use that instead. While I love the concept being a vehicle killer, why go up to punch it when you can just as easily board and steal/destroy the vehicle yourselves?
Brav
1. Plasma Turret
2. Suppressor
3. Rocket Pod Turret
4. Berserker's Claw
5. Boltshot

A way to counteract how crappy the turrets are would be to make them mountable on scout warthogs.
Rocket Turret for sure.
MIKEW9788 wrote:
MIKEW9788 wrote:
SMG
I've tried smg up close and it seems to get outdone by a multitude of other guns.
they made it an actual close quarters weapon. as in even closer than melee range
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5