Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What is Warzone Farming?

OP HamCon55

I have seen so many forums complaining about it, yet I have no idea what it is? Is it like Gold Farming in WoW? How can I tell if somebody is farming in Warzone? Is it in all modes or only Firefight and Assualt? (I hope not, as I have been playing Firefight a ton since I found out 343 brought it in)
Ever played on ARC and the enemy leaves you a base and has Wraiths shooting inside, Banshees flying over, and guys with Blaze of Glory patrolling the tunnels? That's when you know a bountiful harvest is being farmed.
I don't think I've ever been farmed before?
Ever been triple capped by the enemy who locks you into a small area on ARC especially? They will go into your home base, but not destroy your core if they're serious farmers. They'll also use lots of OP reqs and vehicles. Mostly this is due to fireteams who want the Achilles armor.
HamCon55 wrote:
I have seen so many forums complaining about it, yet I have no idea what it is? Is it like Gold Farming in WoW? How can I tell if somebody is farming in Warzone? Is it in all modes or only Firefight and Assualt? (I hope not, as I have been playing Firefight a ton since I found out 343 brought it in)
There isn't farming in firefight.

What farming is in Warzone involves triple capping you and then ignoring the objectives in order to spawn kill you as much as possible. The more dedicated farmers will have people running around the core room with a sword, two guys with scorpions sitting outside, and snipers watching the exterior spawn as a few examples. I've seen a couple instance where the opposing team will only capture the near base so that you have no choice but to spawn at your home base in their line of fire and that way they get less points from holding the bases.

In WZA the defending team will set up a spawn kill and then let one member of the attacking team up to capture a base when the timer is about to go. They'll then set up the spawn kill on your spawns for the second objective and when the timer runs low let someone up to capture the second base. So that they can extend the spawn kill further.

It's extremely unpleasant and will likely only be solved by team based matching.
It's basically the most ungamesship, unsportsmanlike most dickheaded move an enemy team could ever pull on you. Sitting in your base, spawn killing you and your teammates, instead of destroying the core, just to gain XP. It would be nice if it 343i could actually do....something to stop it.
HamCon55 wrote:
I've seen a couple instance where the opposing team will only capture the near base so that you have no choice but to spawn at your home base in their line of fire and that way they get less points from holding the bases.

This is the worst kind of farming.
It's basically the most ungamesship, unsportsmanlike most dickheaded move an enemy team could ever pull on you. Sitting in your base, spawn killing you and your teammates, instead of destroying the core, just to gain XP. It would be nice if it 343i could actually do....something to stop it.
They don't do it for xp. If they are going for xp, they try to have as quick a game as possible.
Farming doesn't necessarily have to involve a triple cap it's basicly enemies control your spawn so you can't spawn in a safe location and your just going to get killed over and over again with no access to any thing to counter what they are doing.

Good farmers will have it so your dead before you even seen your self spawn cause they'll just bombard spawn locations non stop. It depends how creative they are

if warzone was balanced I don't even think it would even exist
Farming doesn't necessarily have to involve a triple cap it's basicly enemies control your spawn so you can't spawn in a safe location and your just going to get killed over and over again with no access to any thing to counter what they are doing.

Good farmers will have it so your dead before you even seen your self spawn cause they'll just bombard spawn locations non stop. It depends how creative they are

One of the biggest problems is that there is only one map (Apex) that has a way out other than the front. If all the other maps had something like this it would be easier to get out and cap at least one base (or hide somewhere other than inside for when they are walking around in the base).
Sacr3d wrote:

One of the biggest problems is that there is only one map (Apex) that has a way out other than the front. If all the other maps had something like this it would be easier to get out and cap at least one base (or hide somewhere other than inside for when they are walking around in the base).
They could have a feature where if you are getting killed to much and it looks like your being farmed have a drop pod that drops you by the edge of the map as far from the no mans land as possible. That to me sounds basic enough it might be doable.
Sacr3d wrote:

They could have a feature where if you are getting killed to much and it looks like your being farmed have a drop pod that drops you by the edge of the map as far from the no mans land as possible. That to me sounds basic enough it might be doable.
Or like your team could vote for it or something and if you get 8 out of 12 votes it does your idea.
Sacr3d wrote:
Sacr3d wrote:

Or like your team could vote for it or something and if you get 8 out of 12 votes it does your idea.
I don't know about voting for it but if your triple capped and can't get out of home base you can just choose solely to do it. Might even make sense for it to just be a req option but it only comes available when your team as a whole has a high death count piling up. Not sure the effect of it if it was a permanent option no matter what but it might not be that big of a deal.
Warzone Farming becomes 10 times worse when you and your teammates get SPAWN-TRAPPED.

Every time you spawn in, you die. Spawn in, you die. And this often goes on for 10+ minutes of nonstop torture.
343i doesn't fix things, it creates then moves on to some other half -Yoink- attempt at something
Have you every been triple capped and had wraiths and scorpians you into dog crap if you want I inch to far from behind cover then you know you're -Yoinked!-
HamCon55 wrote:
farming is trapping the enemy in there core and just killing the enemy's and they will not destroy the core.
There is farming and then there spawn killing. This is how I look at them:
Farming:
Enemy team controls map and pins your team at home base or an armory and kills players from a distance. The main goal is to rack up kills. Occasionally the enemy will let take out bosses but normally ignore.
Spawn Killing:
Enemy team controls map and your team is pinned in home base. The enemy is also in the home base killing players as they respawn and not allowing any reaction to the player.
Basically being stuck in your garage and the enemy team refuses to advance to destroy the core. Played with a team that tried to do that but I destroyed the core. Farming is not fun.