What is wrong with Remixes?

OP Destroyers GT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
People seem to hate the idea of remixes without even playing on the maps. Most of the remixes are actually good maps. Eden is one of the best maps in the game imo and even though I'm in a minority, I think Regret is a great slayer map. There's a lot of hate towards Overgrowth but it plays really well in strongholds and if some power weapons were moved. Also, most of the remixes play nothing like the original, so calling them unoriginal are just 343 haters looking for things to say.
I just want maps that look unique and play differently. I'm glad we are getting actual developer made maps this update. Both are essentially remixes which is kind of a bummer. I think people are just worried that we might only get remixes as DLC. I don't know why they made it a constraint to have a certain amount of remixes in the game. Its kind of common sense that people would want unique looking maps.
They look diffrent, they play diffrent, as far as im concerned its a new map.
Lot of folks dont recognize a good thing when they see it apparently. Because the alternatives are bad.
Overgrowth is a remix of Plaza and they play completely different. Regret is a remix of Truth, and they play significantly different. I'm fine with remixed maps, as long as they aren't Forge-made
They look diffrent, they play diffrent, as far as im concerned its a new map.
Lot of folks dont recognize a good thing when they see it apparently. Because the alternatives are bad.
Entirely unique maps are bad? Because that's the alternative.
1) It's lazy
2) They play similar (Truth and Regret, Empire and Eden, etc)

Really, releasing more remixes at this point just creates bad optics for 343. One of the more universal complaints about the game are the weak maps and how few developer maps there are. So what does 343 do? Take those same, few, underwhelming developer maps and re-release them with some tweaks.
Um don't know about you but that's why they are called Remixes because they are slightly changed maps from the previous map itself not sure how hard that is to understand. From my experience of playing the maps the common occurrence was the base map was set up the exact same way but now they change the pathing in certain areas, block up locations or open them to change up how the map would play out. Any brainless monkey could that even if forge its so damn simple. Though to call it another unique map is understatement you must of not noticed how Halo CE-3 did it.

Hell Lockout to Guardian is the closest to anything I would call similar because technically the layout is similar. Center point, grav lift, cqc weapon below mid, sniper near tower although its changed up with certain structures switched around and pathing leading either the same routes or new ones opened. Although Guardian is far different from Lockout than these remixed maps do which is copy and paste/slightly change without you noticing.
I'm perfectly fine with remixes. As long as they play differently, I am fine with it. Think about it from their perspective. Using the same assets, and just recoloring and moving some things around is infinitely faster than creating all new assets and coming up with a new map plan. Overall, I think remixes could net us a lot more maps in the same amount of time as not having remixes.
Um don't know about you but that's why they are called Remixes because they are slightly changed maps from the previous map itself not sure how hard that is to understand. From my experience of playing the maps the common occurrence was the base map was set up the exact same way but now they change the pathing in certain areas, block up locations or open them to change up how the map would play out. Any brainless monkey could that even if forge its so damn simple. Though to call it another unique map is understatement you must of not noticed how Halo CE-3 did it.

Hell Lockout to Guardian is the closest to anything I would call similar because technically the layout is similar. Center point, grav lift, cqc weapon below mid, sniper near tower although its changed up with certain structures switched around and pathing leading either the same routes or new ones opened. Although Guardian is far different from Lockout than these remixed maps do which is copy and paste/slightly change without you noticing.
They play and look entirely different though. Who cares if they have similar bases.
I don't want developer made maps from Forge. I want new ones made from scratch that are reflective of campaign levels.
I just want maps that look unique and play differently. I'm glad we are getting actual developer made maps this update. Both are essentially remixes which is kind of a bummer. I think people are just worried that we might only get remixes as DLC. I don't know why they made it a constraint to have a certain amount of remixes in the game. Its kind of common sense that people would want unique looking maps.
People want unique maps and remakes of old maps. Makes sense.
I don't want developer made maps from Forge. I want new ones made from scratch that are reflective of campaign levels.
So, not made from scratch? If it's similar to a campaign level then it won't be competely original. Also, 343i didn't make any of the BTB maps. Thet were all made by well-regarded community forgers. You have a problem, take it up with them.
Its lazy and since the map was originally designed to be something else, they usually play terribly.

They play and look entirely different though. Who cares if they have similar bases.
Obviously lots of people do because its lazy and can't come up with a new map. Its like drawing from a picture and slightly changing the features it has. Oh its looks different and is done differently but core is the same exact thing. If someone lazy notices laziness its god damn lazy!
Its lazy and since the map was originally designed to be something else, they usually play terribly.
They don't play terribly though... Overgrowth is the only one that doesn't play well and that's just slayer. It plays great on strongholds
I don't want anymore remixes, I want variety. Halo universe is so HUGE, I would love to see maps from Sangheilios, Sunaion, High Charity, New Mombasa (Halo 2 style), the Ark, Halo Delta, Genesis, Kamtchaka, Argent Moon, CASTLE Base... There are so many cool ideas of maps !
Industrial UNSC maps and their remixes all look the same (white fade blocks, pipes everywhere, empty rooms), are boring, are uninspired, are lazy, are ugly.
They don't play terribly though... Overgrowth is the only one that doesn't play well and that's just slayer. It plays great on strongholds
I agree I hate ffa or slayer on this map, but strongholds plays ok.
So, not made from scratch? If it's similar to a campaign level then it won't be competely original. Also, 343i didn't make any of the BTB maps. Thet were all made by well-regarded community forgers. You have a problem, take it up with them.
I think that's what a lot of people have a problem with.
I think that's what a lot of people have a problem with.
agreed, the forge is nice but we barely get to see it used properly and all the while it steals from time that can be used to make new maps that are universe-based and not forge based.
I don't mind remixed maps as long as they throw in a mixture of original maps.

I just don't understand the lack of play lists and game modes. Especially seeing that they already have some made, but choose to only make them available on the weekends.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7