Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What is your #1 complaint about Halo 5?

OP D122 Raven

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 63
Well... It's Halo 5 running on 60fps on the Xbox one! What do you think it's going to be like!

To put it simply it is fantastic!

What it makes me feel though! Is sad! I just can't help think about all sorts of things though thanks to call of duty, destiny, Titan fall, battlefield, Star Wars battlefront and all these relentless wars for the tittle "best first person multiplayer shooter", constant action and pace that's forcefully added to every experience!....

It gives you the feeling that first person games with stories like this, are going to be consigned to the history books!

Playing the Mastercheif collection, I couldn't help but have this dreadful dreadful feeling, that what I was playing was the end of an era!

This is all very worrying! You see it's been several years since the captain sensibles and boffins 343 have taken over the halo series. And now they seem to be taking away its soul! The only reason we liked Halo was because we were constantly immersed by deep quiet moments instead of shouty meaningless scenes of action packed with pace. Taking those moments away is like taking a prostitute to the Royal Albert Hall! And from that experience you're left with nothing!...

Except for one thing... Action! Like most developers, what 343 have done is focused more on the multiplayer! Replacing an aging experience and delivering one that is exhilarating and yes the results are spectacular! To put it simply 343 has revived its multiplayer experience and left its competition by the wayside!

So to that end, what you are left with here is a bittersweet moment! But more bitter to some than sweet, because it's a time where marketing and lore has become more compelling than the stories themselves and multiplayer experiences are used to keep players fixated until the next release.

"Wake me if you need me"
Getting stuck with the stupidest damn teamates every -Yoinking!- match
I'd like to complain about the threads that are being made complaining about all the people who are complaining about the game.
That its not as fun as Halo 4
The REQ system and how you unlock EVERYTHING from the REQ system.
That its not as fun as Halo 4
>..> Really!?
LAG!!!!!! Every game!
Love the game overall. 2 problems that matter... No split screen and no nonranked playlist (I have friends that suck to play with so we can't play together because we get ran over by my rank). My minor complaint is shotgun is now shooting 10x the distance it did in halo3
MARK0LEPSY wrote:
Love the game overall. 2 problems that matter... No split screen and no nonranked playlist (I have friends that suck to play with so we can't play together because we get ran over by my rank). My minor complaint is shotgun is now shooting 10x the distance it did in halo3
About the shotgun, you realize that at range it does like.. 10 damage? (Spartans have something like 100 hp/ 80shields and 20 natural hp? Check the damage totals it's about right...)

You have to essentially be on top of people to kill with the shotgun and if you happen to shoot a limb it actually does less damage than a chest shot. (3x limb shots vs 1 chest shot at about 2 feet.) I personally feel the shotgun is UNDERPOWERED.
Honestly, the CSR. I really think that needs to be tweaked so it factors in personal performance in addition to the strict W/L.
Aside from getting stuck with all the dumb-dumb teammates from time-to-time and the way my internet likes to quit on me also on occasion....I like Halo 5 so far, nothing too much to complain about on my end.
The REQ system. It's utter garbage.

(Also, no splitscreen, lack of playlists/maps.)
Networking and Dedicated Servers are an abortion!!

Can't find matches in FFA or Warzone Assault - as can't many outside USA.

There should be dedicated server selection, at least letting us choose an American server from Australia for example, suffer the lag but AT LEAST GET A DAMN GAME IN WHATEVER GAMETYPE WE WANT.

343 didn't want to divide playerbase by offering free DLC map packs etc.... but HELLO 343 - you're losing playerbase simply cause they can't log into the gametype they want to play, they get a message stating 'not enough players' so obviously most people are going to assume the game is dead in the water.... you can't get more divided than that you morons!!

Everyone stay vocal - the more people we warn the better.
If you can get a refund or change your xmas present be sure to do so.

Speak your mind here as they don't care or read our messages anyway - and if they do they'll never private message you or post a forum response that details a fix, they'll simply ban you....and if they do that, create new accounts (may have to divert IP's etc) and keep on going AND HIT REDIT they can't close that site down, along with others.

343 dont' care - and only in numbers can we make an impact on the gaming world. We've had enough of being ripped and having poor excuses for games released for one reason or other.

On the off chance you fix the networking asap - great i'll take this all back. but i doubt it will happen!
1(A) The hyper competitive nature of the multiplayer. No oddball, grifball, infection, king of the hill, vehicle heavy maps, social play lists, etc? Where the heck did all the fun go? I have no issue with wanting to appease the hard core crowd, but why did they feel the need to strip away anything fun about the multiplayer? And don't tell me to "wait, the content is coming". It's been over a month now and we still are waiting on basic game modes and features like forge.

1(B) The completely wasted opportunity of the campaign story. Everyone was on board for the "hunt the truth" story, so what do they do? Give us a completely different story. It would be one thing if the story ended up being great, but it was completely underwhelming. You know a story is bad when you realize the main characters could have never gotten out of bed that morning and the story would have ended up exactly the same.
No.1 Compliant...

They reduced the " 10 kills to win " to 5 kills..

Also have a second, changing the wining teams gesturing @ the end of the match... I understand that players complained about this,
I can only think it was the guys that lost...Lol...
There isnt any grifball.
Right now it's the lack of a "social" experience outside of Warzone. Really need some social arena offerings.
Other than that (and the fact that all purple armour colours look pink) I really enjoy Halo 5.
Not enough content and meh campaign are pretty much even in my book. Though I feel more multiplayer content edges ahead. A crappy campaign is a crappy campaign and as long as it leads to an outstanding campaign in Halo 6 it can be forgiven. Like no multiplayer content just sucks.
Waiting on forge, or no split screen
Lack of gametypes
Lack of maps
- Lack of map textures they're fxcking bland
Lack of playlists
Lack of campaign length
Broken/stupid ranking system

I can't pick just one because all of the above are problems.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 63