Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What is your #1 complaint about Halo 5?

OP WARJARL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 63
The art style. It sucked in 4 and it sucks in 5
1. Splitscreen, It's one of the main reasons I play halo.
2. No firefight or playable elites.
Oh and;
3. (Not gameplay related) the whole disc vs download card issue. I was considering getting both the collectors edition and the console bundle. So I have two copies of the game, two xbox's so I can play under the one roof. But both come with download only cards. I could swap but I'm getting the collectors edition delivered to me, and I'm not sure if I get a limited edition disc or just the regular edition. It's just plagued with confusion and a mess just so I can play with my girlfriend and my nephew in the same house, not to mention other family and friends. It's really turned me off the game to be honest but I will probably still get it. Just won't be as fun anymore for me specifically.
WARJARL wrote:
This thread is not intended to bash on Halo 5, it's just about the players little complaints about the game

My only complaint, right now, is that since there is no split screen, it takes away a handy tool for me in Forge and Custom Games.

In forge, I can watch where exactly a man cannon causes a player to land or see the scale of what I am building compared to the player

In custom games, I use splitscreen for staging screenshots as well as a method of training and skill sharpening.

For the training and skill sharpening, I utilize my extra controllers for fake-ai by using something to hold the thumbsticks in a direction and altering the game speed to make them move around, usually with the help of teleporters to keep them from getting stuck. This is really handy when practicing your weapon accuracy.

Other than that, from what I've seen this game looks awesome. My #2 is the limited player customization options like shoulders and whatnot, HOWEVER- I totally understand why it is the way it is. Back in the days of halo 3 and even reach, there were a lot of armor concepts scrapped because the multiple options for customization limited the total number of sets. If we had the same options in 5 we could have potentially lost some really awesome variants.
It's not out yet.
My complaint is more of a worry. Where are social playlists? They haven't mentioned them at all and if infection is missing from this game that will suck. Other than that, there isn't much for me to complain about m.
Sylxeria wrote:
My #1 complaint is that it's not out yet.
Counting the days.
Oh and;
3. (Not gameplay related) the whole disc vs download card issue. I was considering getting both the collectors edition and the console bundle. So I have two copies of the game, two xbox's so I can play under the one roof. But both come with download only cards. I could swap but I'm getting the collectors edition delivered to me, and I'm not sure if I get a limited edition disc or just the regular edition. It's just plagued with confusion and a mess just so I can play with my girlfriend and my nephew in the same house, not to mention other family and friends. It's really turned me off the game to be honest but I will probably still get it. Just won't be as fun anymore for me specifically.
Just get the one digital copy if you have two xboxes then you can play on both purchasing the game once rather than buying it twice.
Oh and;
Just get the one digital copy if you have two xboxes then you can play on both purchasing the game once rather than buying it twice.
Does it work like that though? I was trying to get this clarified earlier today. If I downloaded the game for my profile and proceeded to do that on the second xbox does it let both play it at the same time? I got the impression that it had to be one at a time but that may have changed.

Like I said it's put me in a confusing mess, all I want is to be able to sit on the same couch and play how I enjoy halo haha
That 343 is making it. I think their incompetent, and their not making a real Halo game.
I don't like sprint, ADS, spartan abilities, dmr, the new weapons, the promethean weapons, the OP one-shot-kill weapons, the announcing, spartan chatter, the other spartans, the advertising, the terrible playlists, the lack of firefight, the creation of warzone, micro-transactions, mantis, prometheans, clamor. The fact that they don't get it right for competitive or casual (or that they think they should cater to one and not realize that the vast majority of players are casuals that like to play competitive games with BR starts and high amount of skill involved just not trying to go MLG). They are making a Halo game that doesn't feature Master Chief as the main character. Just blatantly idiotic ideas; No Split-Screen, No BTB at launch, No Firefight, No online record of our games. Focusing on ridiculous armor customizations that have nothing to do with gameplay. Weapon skins(this is not COD don't add this). I also think 343 is simply not making 1. A Halo Game & 2. A Good Game.

But I think the worst part of Halo 5 is that instead of simply going with the golden formula of Halo, and adding/improving the features surrounding it. They needlessly and relentlessly keep changing the actual gameplay. Halo should feature;

Short Range(Shotgun)
Short-Mid Range(AR)
Mid-Long(BR)
Long(Snipe)
Grenades
Melee.
A bunch of great maps.

That's the core of Halo. Instead of expanding that core by giving us a better ranking system, playlists that are easy to find games in, expanded forge, theatre, stat tracking. Custom tournament hosting features. A spectator mode so you can watch others games. Expanding the community gametypes like Grifball and Infection, making them more fun. Giving us 2-3 good big team maps so we can have crazy warthog flag battles. They've decided to change a ton of core elements everyone likes and expects in Halo; for things no one wants.
I think firstly they make these changes because their incompetent and this is all they can come up with, I think a 2nd reason they make these changes is they don't like, play or understand Halo. I think a 3rd reason is they are not an experienced game development company and instead of making smart decisions they simply copy other franchises, and lastly they are created by Microsoft who is notorious for shipping broken products or shipping a product that doesn't have any of the features expected from the product's core audience and they seem to have adopted those same principles.

There are a few things I actually like from 343. I liked Haven, Impact and Abandon. The shot registration in Halo 4 was solid. Supporting the competitive scene although I don't think they should be focusing on it, most people actually don't care only like 20,000 people watched the MLG H3 events out of the 15 million that bought the game. And if I think of something else I'll add it.

But most importantly, every interaction I've had with Bungie has been awesome. Every interaction I've had with Microsoft has been a nightmare. So far these are my interactions with Microsoft's creation 343, H1 anniversary which didn't include multiplayer!!! H4 whose population bombed. H:MCC which a year later still can't find a game in plus too many bugs too list, and now they're dropping H5 which I think will sell less than H1 which came out in 2001 before Xbox Live. So I am not happy with them I want the franchise turned over to Certain Affinity or someone that understands Halo.
Having to play as Locke. The whole point of video games to me is to pretend I'm someone else. Being forced to "be" someone else ruins the immersive experience. I hated it in H2 and I'm sad to see it return in H5.
I don't understand this complaint? Because you are forced to be the Master Chief in other games? He is an actual character too like Locke not someone you can pretend to be.
I want to be the Master Chief. Always. I am the Master Chief!
No John is the Master Chief not you.
I guess we play video games for different reasons.
Not really I liked Reach the campaign anyway as you played as your own Spartan so you could really see yourself as the character, however I am only stating facts regarding who the Master Chief because it is John that is the way the Story is written I am afraid nothing you or I can do about that. In Halo CE before the books etc came out and the way the box described you as the last of your kind etc I can see where you can get that impression however later added lore changed all of that.
Actually, the novel Fall of Reach came out before Halo: CE was released. Chief was truly never the last Spartan, Bungie, for whatever reason, decided to mislead people by writing that in CE's manual.
Oh and;
Does it work like that though? I was trying to get this clarified earlier today. If I downloaded the game for my profile and proceeded to do that on the second xbox does it let both play it at the same time? I got the impression that it had to be one at a time but that may have changed.

Like I said it's put me in a confusing mess, all I want is to be able to sit on the same couch and play how I enjoy halo haha
Yes me and my brother share games like this and you can both play at the same time. All you have to do is sign into the account that download the game on whichever console you set up as your non home console. Games you download on your home console can be played by anyone who signs in. I hope that makes sense to you what I said or perhaps someone else can explain it a bit better.
My only complaints are the armor designs, some vehicle designs and the lack of in-depth matchmaking, other than that I'm good. 343 Industries is doing great!
tL Armada wrote:
Having to play as Locke. The whole point of video games to me is to pretend I'm someone else. Being forced to "be" someone else ruins the immersive experience. I hated it in H2 and I'm sad to see it return in H5.
I don't understand this complaint? Because you are forced to be the Master Chief in other games? He is an actual character too like Locke not someone you can pretend to be.
I want to be the Master Chief. Always. I am the Master Chief!
No John is the Master Chief not you.
I guess we play video games for different reasons.
Not really I liked Reach the campaign anyway as you played as your own Spartan so you could really see yourself as the character, however I am only stating facts regarding who the Master Chief because it is John that is the way the Story is written I am afraid nothing you or I can do about that. In Halo CE before the books etc came out and the way the box described you as the last of your kind etc I can see where you can get that impression however later added lore changed all of that.
Actually, the novel Fall of Reach came out before Halo: CE was released. Chief was truly never the last Spartan, Bungie, for whatever reason, decided to mislead people by writing that in CE's manual.
Then I stand corrected on that part didn't know The Fall of Reach came first, however as I said and like you have no idea why the back of the box and perhaps the manual as well made out you were the last Spartan.
Oh and;

Yes me and my brother share games like this and you can both play at the same time. All you have to do is sign into the account that download the game on whichever console you set up as your non home console. Games you download on your home console can be played by anyone who signs in. I hope that makes sense to you what I said or perhaps someone else can explain it a bit better.
Cheers, I'll try and do that!
Sylxeria wrote:
Same here
G money 1i wrote:
That 343 is making it. I think their incompetent, and their not making a real Halo game.
I don't like sprint, ADS, abilities, dmr, the weapons, the announcing, spartan chatter, the other spartans, the advertising, the terrible playlists, the lack of firefight, the creation of warzone, micro-transactions, mantis, prometheans. The fact that they don't get it right for competitive or casual (or that they think they should cater to one and not realize that the vast majority of players are casuals that like to play competitive games with BR starts and high amount of skill involved just not trying to go MLG). I also think 343 is simply not making 1. A Halo Game & 2. A Good Game.

But I think the worst part of Halo 5 is that instead of simply going with the golden formula of Halo, and adding/improving the features surrounding it. They needlessly and relentlessly keep changing the actual gameplay. Halo should feature;

Short Range(Shotgun)
Short-Mid Range(AR)
Mid-Long(BR)
Long(Snipe)
Grenades
Melee.
A bunch of great maps.

That's the core of Halo. Instead of expanding that core by giving us a better ranking system, playlists that are easy to find games in, expanded forge, theatre, stat tracking. Custom tournament hosting features. A spectator mode so you can watch others games. Expanding the community gametypes like Grifball and Infection, making them more fun. Giving us 2-3 good big team maps so we can have crazy warthog flag battles. They've decided to change a ton of core elements everyone likes and expects in Halo; for things no one wants.
I think firstly they make these changes because their incompetent and this is all they can come up with, I think a 2nd reason they make these changes is they don't like, play or understand Halo. I think a 3rd reason is they are not an experienced game development company and instead of making smart decisions they simply copy other franchises, and lastly they are created by Microsoft who is notorious for shipping broken products or shipping a product that doesn't have any of the features expected from the product's core audience and they seem to have adopted those same principles.
I know where you are getting at but if they kept to the same formula, story format, multiplayer, etc. It will get very bland and repetitive.

Halo needs to keep up to date. Aspects such as sprint and so on are rather subjective. I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to get a normalised sprint option.
But like I suggested and how I interpreted what you said, it's all subjective. I played through every Halo and thought "Awesome! New vehicles, guns, maps, ooh armor abilities! Finally some purpose for having special armor, yay sprint finally! etc. etc. Got to Halo 4 and thought the story was amazing, was missing a little bit of the funny chatter from covenant and found the ending level rather anti climatic, but loved the story. Multiplayer was good. Not as good as Reach, which was my favourite for multiplayer, I understand that a lot of people hate halo 4 and reach multiplayer, but again comes to opinions. Wasn't until I got onto this forum that I realised how many different stems of hatred are on here, whether that be a good reason or seemingly no reason at all.

If anything though it's almost as if 343 have gone backwards to try and put all focus into the arena style of Halo that they are continuously nagged about. It's funny because they get all these complaints, they make changes/improvements/listen to fans, and those same fans will complain again about something else or completely contradict what they initially argued.

You're arguing what you define as Halo, and believe me I like it, I love the old games. But playing back on them now I know I can't go back because it's not as fun as how it has changed and improved. Still good, nostalgic, etc. But it just looks a lot better, feels better, plays better and everything compared to the older versions. That's my opinion.
Sylxeria wrote:
Good reason. xD
G money 1i wrote:
I know where you are getting at but if they kept to the same formula, story format, multiplayer, etc. It will get very bland and repetitive.

Halo needs to keep up to date. Aspects such as sprint and so on are rather subjective. I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to get a normalised sprint option.
But like I suggested and how I interpreted what you said, it's all subjective. I played through every Halo and thought "Awesome! New vehicles, guns, maps, ooh armor abilities! Finally some purpose for having special armor, yay sprint finally! etc. etc. Got to Halo 4 and thought the story was amazing, was missing a little bit of the funny chatter from covenant and found the ending level rather anti climatic, but loved the story. Multiplayer was good. Not as good as Reach, which was my favourite for multiplayer, I understand that a lot of people hate halo 4 and reach multiplayer, but again comes to opinions. Wasn't until I got onto this forum that I realised how many different stems of hatred are on here, whether that be a good reason or seemingly no reason at all.

If anything though it's almost as if 343 have gone backwards to try and put all focus into the arena style of Halo that they are continuously nagged about. It's funny because they get all these complaints, they make changes/improvements/listen to fans, and those same fans will complain again about something else or completely contradict what they initially argued.

You're arguing what you define as Halo, and believe me I like it, I love the old games. But playing back on them now I know I can't go back because it's not as fun as how it has changed and improved. Still good, nostalgic, etc. But it just looks a lot better, feels better, plays better and everything compared to the older versions. That's my opinion.
I mean the only thing is, what your describing as fun and exciting was done before Halo. This is what Halo innovated on, before Halo there was Doom and Unreal Tournament and every character sprinted around the map like a maniac and there was power ups and power weapons and rocket launchers and this and that. And then Halo came along, and gave you 2 guns, limited ammo, every time you shot you had to make a choice about how to attack the situation. It's what everyone fell in love with. The skill, the strategy, the decisions you have to make while you play the game. What you consider going forwards, is actually traveling back in time to what Halo replaced. It's like replacing your Iphone with a Land-Line, and your Optic Fiber Internet connection for Dial-Up. It makes no sense.

The current Halo situation really reminds me of a game that came out at the same time as Halo, Brute Force. Which was another quality FPS which had multiplayer, a lot of features that people liked, and was a great game. But it had no staying power, and no game has had staying power like Halo until COD came around. It makes no sense why they would abandon that formula to add a bunch of random ridiculous features. It's like there's basically 2 FPS franchises and that's where the majority of gamers put all their time into, Halo or COD. And 343 is going to abandon that Halo formula to create some happy mess of a game that's: parts Halo, parts COD, parts sprinting/powerweapons 1990s FPS features, it's a really bad strategy.
Its not out yet
My one complaint is that they have been hinting chief is the bad guy. Chief was and is my childhood hero and to possibly see him go out, let alone die as a traitor, hurts like hell. Other than that I am very pleased about the game and wish it would come out already!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 63