Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What is your #1 complaint about Halo 5?

OP WARJARL

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 63
G money 1i wrote:
That 343 is making it. I think their incompetent, and their not making a real Halo game.
I don't like sprint, ADS, spartan abilities, dmr, the new weapons, the promethean weapons, the OP one-shot-kill weapons, the announcing, spartan chatter, the other spartans, the advertising, the terrible playlists, the lack of firefight, the creation of warzone, micro-transactions, mantis, prometheans, clamor. The fact that they don't get it right for competitive or casual (or that they think they should cater to one and not realize that the vast majority of players are casuals that like to play competitive games with BR starts and high amount of skill involved just not trying to go MLG). They are making a Halo game that doesn't feature Master Chief as the main character. Just blatantly idiotic ideas; No Split-Screen, No BTB at launch, No Firefight, No online record of our games. Focusing on ridiculous armor customizations that have nothing to do with gameplay. Weapon skins(this is not COD don't add this). I also think 343 is simply not making 1. A Halo Game & 2. A Good Game.

But I think the worst part of Halo 5 is that instead of simply going with the golden formula of Halo, and adding/improving the features surrounding it. They needlessly and relentlessly keep changing the actual gameplay. Halo should feature;

Short Range(Shotgun)
Short-Mid Range(AR)
Mid-Long(BR)
Long(Snipe)
Grenades
Melee.
A bunch of great maps.

That's the core of Halo. Instead of expanding that core by giving us a better ranking system, playlists that are easy to find games in, expanded forge, theatre, stat tracking. Custom tournament hosting features. A spectator mode so you can watch others games. Expanding the community gametypes like Grifball and Infection, making them more fun. Giving us 2-3 good big team maps so we can have crazy warthog flag battles. They've decided to change a ton of core elements everyone likes and expects in Halo; for things no one wants.
I think firstly they make these changes because their incompetent and this is all they can come up with, I think a 2nd reason they make these changes is they don't like, play or understand Halo. I think a 3rd reason is they are not an experienced game development company and instead of making smart decisions they simply copy other franchises, and lastly they are created by Microsoft who is notorious for shipping broken products or shipping a product that doesn't have any of the features expected from the product's core audience and they seem to have adopted those same principles.

There are a few things I actually like from 343. I liked Haven, Impact and Abandon. The shot registration in Halo 4 was solid. Supporting the competitive scene although I don't think they should be focusing on it, most people actually don't care only like 20,000 people watched the MLG H3 events out of the 15 million that bought the game. And if I think of something else I'll add it.
Let me try to understand this. What you're saying is take and older Halo game ie: Halo 2 or 3, update the graphics for current gen consoles, and add the things highlighted in bold above, then resell the game for $65, is that about right? Also bring back split screen and drop the frame rate back down to 30fps. Oh and elites cause everyone loves those guys. Also sell the game on 360 too cause people don't want to buy X1's
Let me give you another example. Say I sell jackets, my number 1 selling jacket is this red one. It has no pockets, just a plain red jacket. Say now I sell blue jackets, I added pockets, and it's made from a new material. Still has the same exact design structure as my Red jacket, but its blue now. I'm selling this jacket for $65. Now I'm selling a green jacket for $65, this jacket has a hood. Same exact design as the Blue jacket, but now it has a hood!
You see where I'm going with this? You can't make the same damn game every 3 years for the past 10+ years and change a handful of items, and expect consumers to pay $65 for it. I personally would feel ripped off.
MandalsTV wrote:
G money 1i wrote:
Let me try to understand this. What you're saying is take and older Halo game ie: Halo 2 or 3, update the graphics for current gen consoles, and add the things highlighted in bold above, then resell the game for $65, is that about right? Also bring back split screen and drop the frame rate back down to 30fps. Oh and elites cause everyone loves those guys.
Let me give you another example. Say I sell jackets, my number 1 selling jacket is this red one. It has no pockets, just a plain red jacket. Say now I sell blue jackets, I added pockets, and it's made from a new material. Still has the same exact design structure as my Red jacket, but its blue now. I'm selling this jacket for $65. Now I'm selling a green jacket for $65, this jacket has a hood. Same exact design as the Blue jacket, but now it has a hood!
You see where I'm going with this? You can't make the same damn game every 3 years for the past 10+ years and change a handful of items, and expect consumers to pay $65 for it. I personally would feel ripped off.
Call of Duty
October 29, 2003
175 million[20]

Mario Kart
August 27, 1992
105.32 million[1]

Grand Theft Auto
October 1997
220 million[17]I mean these are the top selling franchises of all time. One thing you might notice, their the same every iteration. When people find a game that they love, they want to keep playing updated better versions of that game. Not have someone destroy all the elements that made their game work.
As cool as Warzone looks, it doesn't seem like a good replacement for either Firefight or Spartan Ops in that it isn't exclusively PVE like Firefight and it doesn't advance the story like Spartan Ops. I'll kind of miss that sort of stuff in Halo 5. I also think Spartan Ops could have been developed into something greater if 343 worked on improving it.

I'm also bummed out by the lack of split-screen. Plus I'm also gonna miss the Flood.
No playable Elites is my biggest complaint.
MandalsTV wrote:
G money 1i wrote:
That 343 is making it. I think their incompetent, and their not making a real Halo game.
I don't like sprint, ADS, spartan abilities, dmr, the new weapons, the promethean weapons, the OP one-shot-kill weapons, the announcing, spartan chatter, the other spartans, the advertising, the terrible playlists, the lack of firefight, the creation of warzone, micro-transactions, mantis, prometheans, clamor. The fact that they don't get it right for competitive or casual (or that they think they should cater to one and not realize that the vast majority of players are casuals that like to play competitive games with BR starts and high amount of skill involved just not trying to go MLG). They are making a Halo game that doesn't feature Master Chief as the main character. Just blatantly idiotic ideas; No Split-Screen, No BTB at launch, No Firefight, No online record of our games. Focusing on ridiculous armor customizations that have nothing to do with gameplay. Weapon skins(this is not COD don't add this). I also think 343 is simply not making 1. A Halo Game & 2. A Good Game.

But I think the worst part of Halo 5 is that instead of simply going with the golden formula of Halo, and adding/improving the features surrounding it. They needlessly and relentlessly keep changing the actual gameplay. Halo should feature;

Short Range(Shotgun)
Short-Mid Range(AR)
Mid-Long(BR)
Long(Snipe)
Grenades
Melee.
A bunch of great maps.

That's the core of Halo. Instead of expanding that core by giving us a better ranking system, playlists that are easy to find games in, expanded forge, theatre, stat tracking. Custom tournament hosting features. A spectator mode so you can watch others games. Expanding the community gametypes like Grifball and Infection, making them more fun. Giving us 2-3 good big team maps so we can have crazy warthog flag battles. They've decided to change a ton of core elements everyone likes and expects in Halo; for things no one wants.
I think firstly they make these changes because their incompetent and this is all they can come up with, I think a 2nd reason they make these changes is they don't like, play or understand Halo. I think a 3rd reason is they are not an experienced game development company and instead of making smart decisions they simply copy other franchises, and lastly they are created by Microsoft who is notorious for shipping broken products or shipping a product that doesn't have any of the features expected from the product's core audience and they seem to have adopted those same principles.

There are a few things I actually like from 343. I liked Haven, Impact and Abandon. The shot registration in Halo 4 was solid. Supporting the competitive scene although I don't think they should be focusing on it, most people actually don't care only like 20,000 people watched the MLG H3 events out of the 15 million that bought the game. And if I think of something else I'll add it.
Let me try to understand this. What you're saying is take and older Halo game ie: Halo 2 or 3, update the graphics for current gen consoles, and add the things highlighted in bold above, then resell the game for $65, is that about right? Also bring back split screen and drop the frame rate back down to 30fps. Oh and elites cause everyone loves those guys. Also sell the game on 360 too cause people don't want to buy X1's
Let me give you another example. Say I sell jackets, my number 1 selling jacket is this red one. It has no pockets, just a plain red jacket. Say now I sell blue jackets, I added pockets, and it's made from a new material. Still has the same exact design structure as my Red jacket, but its blue now. I'm selling this jacket for $65. Now I'm selling a green jacket for $65, this jacket has a hood. Same exact design as the Blue jacket, but now it has a hood!
You see where I'm going with this? You can't make the same damn game every 3 years for the past 10+ years and change a handful of items, and expect consumers to pay $65 for it. I personally would feel ripped off.
Football, baseball, soccer, basketball, etc. etc. They all barely change at all and people LOVE it year and year out! They shell out way more money for those sports than we do for Halo. At least my comparison uses other games. Not clothing.
G money 1i wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
G money 1i wrote:
Let me try to understand this. What you're saying is take and older Halo game ie: Halo 2 or 3, update the graphics for current gen consoles, and add the things highlighted in bold above, then resell the game for $65, is that about right? Also bring back split screen and drop the frame rate back down to 30fps. Oh and elites cause everyone loves those guys.
Let me give you another example. Say I sell jackets, my number 1 selling jacket is this red one. It has no pockets, just a plain red jacket. Say now I sell blue jackets, I added pockets, and it's made from a new material. Still has the same exact design structure as my Red jacket, but its blue now. I'm selling this jacket for $65. Now I'm selling a green jacket for $65, this jacket has a hood. Same exact design as the Blue jacket, but now it has a hood!
You see where I'm going with this? You can't make the same damn game every 3 years for the past 10+ years and change a handful of items, and expect consumers to pay $65 for it. I personally would feel ripped off.
Call of Duty
October 29, 2003
175 million[20]

Mario Kart
August 27, 1992
105.32 million[1]

Grand Theft Auto
October 1997
220 million[17]I mean these are the top selling franchises of all time. One thing you might notice, their the same every iteration. When people find a game that they love, they want to keep playing updated better versions of that game. Not have someone destroy all the elements that made their game work.
Uh huh...I guess if by your understanding you would like Halo to be like Destiny(WoW, CS)? Say they started at Halo 3...Halo 4 would have been an expansion with updated graphics, new story, same multiplayer(no sprint, abilities, Halo 3 mechanics)($65). Halo 5 would be an expansion, updated graphics, new story, new maps, same multiplayer(no sprint, abilities, Halo 3 mechanics) ($65). Also adding the features I highlighted in my first quote from you ($65). I don't know man, also 343i stated that in custom games you can turn off all Spartan abilities, sprint, etc. Technically you could make the Halo you're thinking of out of custom games and forge. I assume though you want the actual live playlists to have H3 mechanics.
For me, it's Sprint.

Clamber and no 1-50 fill my top 3.
Probably just the toned down blood splatter effects. It kinda breaks the immersion.
MandalsTV wrote:
G money 1i wrote:
That 343 is making it. I think their incompetent, and their not making a real Halo game.
I don't like sprint, ADS, spartan abilities, dmr, the new weapons, the promethean weapons, the OP one-shot-kill weapons, the announcing, spartan chatter, the other spartans, the advertising, the terrible playlists, the lack of firefight, the creation of warzone, micro-transactions, mantis, prometheans, clamor. The fact that they don't get it right for competitive or casual (or that they think they should cater to one and not realize that the vast majority of players are casuals that like to play competitive games with BR starts and high amount of skill involved just not trying to go MLG). They are making a Halo game that doesn't feature Master Chief as the main character. Just blatantly idiotic ideas; No Split-Screen, No BTB at launch, No Firefight, No online record of our games. Focusing on ridiculous armor customizations that have nothing to do with gameplay. Weapon skins(this is not COD don't add this). I also think 343 is simply not making 1. A Halo Game & 2. A Good Game.

But I think the worst part of Halo 5 is that instead of simply going with the golden formula of Halo, and adding/improving the features surrounding it. They needlessly and relentlessly keep changing the actual gameplay. Halo should feature;

Short Range(Shotgun)
Short-Mid Range(AR)
Mid-Long(BR)
Long(Snipe)
Grenades
Melee.
A bunch of great maps.

That's the core of Halo. Instead of expanding that core by giving us a better ranking system, playlists that are easy to find games in, expanded forge, theatre, stat tracking. Custom tournament hosting features. A spectator mode so you can watch others games. Expanding the community gametypes like Grifball and Infection, making them more fun. Giving us 2-3 good big team maps so we can have crazy warthog flag battles. They've decided to change a ton of core elements everyone likes and expects in Halo; for things no one wants.
I think firstly they make these changes because their incompetent and this is all they can come up with, I think a 2nd reason they make these changes is they don't like, play or understand Halo. I think a 3rd reason is they are not an experienced game development company and instead of making smart decisions they simply copy other franchises, and lastly they are created by Microsoft who is notorious for shipping broken products or shipping a product that doesn't have any of the features expected from the product's core audience and they seem to have adopted those same principles.

There are a few things I actually like from 343. I liked Haven, Impact and Abandon. The shot registration in Halo 4 was solid. Supporting the competitive scene although I don't think they should be focusing on it, most people actually don't care only like 20,000 people watched the MLG H3 events out of the 15 million that bought the game. And if I think of something else I'll add it.
Let me try to understand this. What you're saying is take and older Halo game ie: Halo 2 or 3, update the graphics for current gen consoles, and add the things highlighted in bold above, then resell the game for $65, is that about right? Also bring back split screen and drop the frame rate back down to 30fps. Oh and elites cause everyone loves those guys. Also sell the game on 360 too cause people don't want to buy X1's
Let me give you another example. Say I sell jackets, my number 1 selling jacket is this red one. It has no pockets, just a plain red jacket. Say now I sell blue jackets, I added pockets, and it's made from a new material. Still has the same exact design structure as my Red jacket, but its blue now. I'm selling this jacket for $65. Now I'm selling a green jacket for $65, this jacket has a hood. Same exact design as the Blue jacket, but now it has a hood!
You see where I'm going with this? You can't make the same damn game every 3 years for the past 10+ years and change a handful of items, and expect consumers to pay $65 for it. I personally would feel ripped off.
Football, baseball, soccer, basketball, etc. etc. They all barely change at all and people LOVE it year and year out! They shell out way more money for those sports than we do for Halo. At least my comparison uses other games. Not clothing.
Pretty horrible example if you ask me. All these sports have been around 10x longer then video games, not to mention all the logistics that go into them, stadiums, team owners, revenue for states, jobs, players, college recruitment, sponsorships, TV networks, the list goes on...I used an easy example someone could follow to help illustrate my point.
That apparently we will play mostly as Locke.
My one complaint is that they have been hinting chief is the bad guy. Chief was and is my childhood hero and to possibly see him go out, let alone die as a traitor, hurts like hell. Other than that I am very pleased about the game and wish it would come out already!
It's a good thing that 343I have confirmed that Master Chief won't be dying and Locke isn't going to replace him. Honestly, why would they kill him when they have the best opportunity to further develop his character?
I'm not sure I have any complaints, I mean, I've yet to play it so I can't really complain about something I don't really know how it's going to shake out.
MandalsTV wrote:
G money 1i wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
G money 1i wrote:
Uh huh...I guess if by your understanding you would like Halo to be like Destiny(WoW, CS)? Say they started at Halo 3...Halo 4 would have been an expansion with updated graphics, new story, same multiplayer(no sprint, abilities, Halo 3 mechanics)($65). Halo 5 would be an expansion, updated graphics, new story, new maps, same multiplayer(no sprint, abilities, Halo 3 mechanics) ($65). Also adding the features I highlighted in my first quote from you ($65). I don't know man, also 343i stated that in custom games you can turn off all Spartan abilities, sprint, etc. Technically you could make the Halo you're thinking of out of custom games and forge. I assume though you want the actual live playlists to have H3 mechanics.
Just because you can turn off these features does not mean you can turn it into a real Halo game. That's like saying you have forge you can make any map you want, we want 3 years worth of development put into the maps and the gameplay, not expect the community to create good gameplay with a limited toolset. The game should be designed entirely around not having these features, since people can take them out I'm sure they will but they're still going to be playing a terrible game with maps designed for sprint, clamor. Also the red and blue colors are ugly on the spartan armor, don't know how they landed on that color palette but it looks like plastic toys.

I also don't understand what you mean when you say H4 would have been an expansion with updated graphics. You mean like H2 which came after H1. And H3 which came after H2. Which sold 14 million copies and was #1 on xbox live for 3 years until H:Reach. Like that type of thing where your sequels are actual sequels to the game and don't introduce a bunch of random gameplay-breaking elements. Yea, I want a better version of the same game, so does everyone else. That's going to be very clear when H5 fails to outsell H1.
My one complaint is that they have been hinting chief is the bad guy. Chief was and is my childhood hero and to possibly see him go out, let alone die as a traitor, hurts like hell. Other than that I am very pleased about the game and wish it would come out already!
It's a good thing that 343I have confirmed that Master Chief won't be dying and Locke isn't going to replace him. Honestly, why would they kill him when they have the best opportunity to further develop his character?
Even if 343i wanted to kill off the chief MS wouldn't allow it.
That it's not in my hands yet?

Jokes aside, it's just such an amazing time to be a Halo fan... my bank account will suffer for months because of it all.
G money 1i wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
G money 1i wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
G money 1i wrote:
Uh huh...I guess if by your understanding you would like Halo to be like Destiny(WoW, CS)? Say they started at Halo 3...Halo 4 would have been an expansion with updated graphics, new story, same multiplayer(no sprint, abilities, Halo 3 mechanics)($65). Halo 5 would be an expansion, updated graphics, new story, new maps, same multiplayer(no sprint, abilities, Halo 3 mechanics) ($65). Also adding the features I highlighted in my first quote from you ($65). I don't know man, also 343i stated that in custom games you can turn off all Spartan abilities, sprint, etc. Technically you could make the Halo you're thinking of out of custom games and forge. I assume though you want the actual live playlists to have H3 mechanics.
Just because you can turn off these features does not mean you can turn it into a real Halo game. That's like saying you have forge you can make any map you want, we want 3 years worth of development put into the maps and the gameplay, not expect the community to create good gameplay with a limited toolset. The game should be designed entirely around not having these features, since people can take them out I'm sure they will but they're still going to be playing a terrible game with maps designed for sprint, clamor. Also the red and blue colors are ugly on the spartan armor, don't know how they landed on that color palette but it looks like plastic toys.

I also don't understand what you mean when you say H4 would have been an expansion with updated graphics. You mean like H2 which came after H1. And H3 which came after H2. Which sold 14 million copies and was #1 on xbox live for 3 years until H:Reach. Like that type of thing where your sequels are actual sequels to the game and don't introduce a bunch of random gameplay-breaking elements. Yea, I want a better version of the same game, so does everyone else. That's going to be very clear when H5 fails to outsell H1.
I think I've come to the realization that some people don't like/resist change. I mean look at the f***ing iPhone. People buy that thing up every year, and they only change the camera and processor + memory. I have a solution...you want to play the old Halo's stick with MCC. People that want to try something new will play H5, we all win.
MandalsTV wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
G money 1i wrote:
That 343 is making it. I think their incompetent, and their not making a real Halo game.
I don't like sprint, ADS, spartan abilities, dmr, the new weapons, the promethean weapons, the OP one-shot-kill weapons, the announcing, spartan chatter, the other spartans, the advertising, the terrible playlists, the lack of firefight, the creation of warzone, micro-transactions, mantis, prometheans, clamor. The fact that they don't get it right for competitive or casual (or that they think they should cater to one and not realize that the vast majority of players are casuals that like to play competitive games with BR starts and high amount of skill involved just not trying to go MLG). They are making a Halo game that doesn't feature Master Chief as the main character. Just blatantly idiotic ideas; No Split-Screen, No BTB at launch, No Firefight, No online record of our games. Focusing on ridiculous armor customizations that have nothing to do with gameplay. Weapon skins(this is not COD don't add this). I also think 343 is simply not making 1. A Halo Game & 2. A Good Game.

But I think the worst part of Halo 5 is that instead of simply going with the golden formula of Halo, and adding/improving the features surrounding it. They needlessly and relentlessly keep changing the actual gameplay. Halo should feature;

Short Range(Shotgun)
Short-Mid Range(AR)
Mid-Long(BR)
Long(Snipe)
Grenades
Melee.
A bunch of great maps.

That's the core of Halo. Instead of expanding that core by giving us a better ranking system, playlists that are easy to find games in, expanded forge, theatre, stat tracking. Custom tournament hosting features. A spectator mode so you can watch others games. Expanding the community gametypes like Grifball and Infection, making them more fun. Giving us 2-3 good big team maps so we can have crazy warthog flag battles. They've decided to change a ton of core elements everyone likes and expects in Halo; for things no one wants.
I think firstly they make these changes because their incompetent and this is all they can come up with, I think a 2nd reason they make these changes is they don't like, play or understand Halo. I think a 3rd reason is they are not an experienced game development company and instead of making smart decisions they simply copy other franchises, and lastly they are created by Microsoft who is notorious for shipping broken products or shipping a product that doesn't have any of the features expected from the product's core audience and they seem to have adopted those same principles.

There are a few things I actually like from 343. I liked Haven, Impact and Abandon. The shot registration in Halo 4 was solid. Supporting the competitive scene although I don't think they should be focusing on it, most people actually don't care only like 20,000 people watched the MLG H3 events out of the 15 million that bought the game. And if I think of something else I'll add it.
Let me try to understand this. What you're saying is take and older Halo game ie: Halo 2 or 3, update the graphics for current gen consoles, and add the things highlighted in bold above, then resell the game for $65, is that about right? Also bring back split screen and drop the frame rate back down to 30fps. Oh and elites cause everyone loves those guys. Also sell the game on 360 too cause people don't want to buy X1's
Let me give you another example. Say I sell jackets, my number 1 selling jacket is this red one. It has no pockets, just a plain red jacket. Say now I sell blue jackets, I added pockets, and it's made from a new material. Still has the same exact design structure as my Red jacket, but its blue now. I'm selling this jacket for $65. Now I'm selling a green jacket for $65, this jacket has a hood. Same exact design as the Blue jacket, but now it has a hood!
You see where I'm going with this? You can't make the same damn game every 3 years for the past 10+ years and change a handful of items, and expect consumers to pay $65 for it. I personally would feel ripped off.
Football, baseball, soccer, basketball, etc. etc. They all barely change at all and people LOVE it year and year out! They shell out way more money for those sports than we do for Halo. At least my comparison uses other games. Not clothing.
Pretty horrible example if you ask me. All these sports have been around 10x longer then video games, not to mention all the logistics that go into them, stadiums, team owners, revenue for states, jobs, players, college recruitment, sponsorships, TV networks, the list goes on...I used an easy example someone could follow to help illustrate my point.
They all had to start somewhere. And Halo was headed in that direction until H3 came out. Heck, it even had a little spot on SportsCenter for a while.

I think H5 is headed back in the right direction. But without the option to do LAN I don't think it will be nearly as popular as H2 in terms of good entertainment for viewers. Look what happened during the H2A tourney. Xbox Live went down and the tournament got delayed for an hour.
The constant crying of the "fans" is my only complaint
WARJARL wrote:
This thread is not intended to bash on Halo 5, it's just about the players little complaints about the game

My only complaint, right now, is that since there is no split screen, it takes away a handy tool for me in Forge and Custom Games.

In forge, I can watch where exactly a man cannon causes a player to land or see the scale of what I am building compared to the player

In custom games, I use splitscreen for staging screenshots as well as a method of training and skill sharpening.

For the training and skill sharpening, I utilize my extra controllers for fake-ai by using something to hold the thumbsticks in a direction and altering the game speed to make them move around, usually with the help of teleporters to keep them from getting stuck. This is really handy when practicing your weapon accuracy.

Other than that, from what I've seen this game looks awesome. My #2 is the limited player customization options like shoulders and whatnot, HOWEVER- I totally understand why it is the way it is. Back in the days of halo 3 and even reach, there were a lot of armor concepts scrapped because the multiple options for customization limited the total number of sets. If we had the same options in 5 we could have potentially lost some really awesome variants.
I want firefight.
Split screen is my only complaint. I've played every Halo campaign with my friends at my house and it sucks I won't be able to do that on Halo 5
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 63