Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What is your #1 complaint about Halo 5?

OP WARJARL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 63
No split screen. Other then that my number 2 complaint is I just want the campaign to be bigger then it already is.
MandalsTV wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
G money 1i wrote:
That 343 is making it. I think their incompetent, and their not making a real Halo game.
I don't like sprint, ADS, spartan abilities, dmr, the new weapons, the promethean weapons, the OP one-shot-kill weapons, the announcing, spartan chatter, the other spartans, the advertising, the terrible playlists, the lack of firefight, the creation of warzone, micro-transactions, mantis, prometheans, clamor. The fact that they don't get it right for competitive or casual (or that they think they should cater to one and not realize that the vast majority of players are casuals that like to play competitive games with BR starts and high amount of skill involved just not trying to go MLG). They are making a Halo game that doesn't feature Master Chief as the main character. Just blatantly idiotic ideas; No Split-Screen, No BTB at launch, No Firefight, No online record of our games. Focusing on ridiculous armor customizations that have nothing to do with gameplay. Weapon skins(this is not COD don't add this). I also think 343 is simply not making 1. A Halo Game & 2. A Good Game.

But I think the worst part of Halo 5 is that instead of simply going with the golden formula of Halo, and adding/improving the features surrounding it. They needlessly and relentlessly keep changing the actual gameplay. Halo should feature;

Short Range(Shotgun)
Short-Mid Range(AR)
Mid-Long(BR)
Long(Snipe)
Grenades
Melee.
A bunch of great maps.

That's the core of Halo. Instead of expanding that core by giving us a better ranking system, playlists that are easy to find games in, expanded forge, theatre, stat tracking. Custom tournament hosting features. A spectator mode so you can watch others games. Expanding the community gametypes like Grifball and Infection, making them more fun. Giving us 2-3 good big team maps so we can have crazy warthog flag battles. They've decided to change a ton of core elements everyone likes and expects in Halo; for things no one wants.
I think firstly they make these changes because their incompetent and this is all they can come up with, I think a 2nd reason they make these changes is they don't like, play or understand Halo. I think a 3rd reason is they are not an experienced game development company and instead of making smart decisions they simply copy other franchises, and lastly they are created by Microsoft who is notorious for shipping broken products or shipping a product that doesn't have any of the features expected from the product's core audience and they seem to have adopted those same principles.

There are a few things I actually like from 343. I liked Haven, Impact and Abandon. The shot registration in Halo 4 was solid. Supporting the competitive scene although I don't think they should be focusing on it, most people actually don't care only like 20,000 people watched the MLG H3 events out of the 15 million that bought the game. And if I think of something else I'll add it.
Let me try to understand this. What you're saying is take and older Halo game ie: Halo 2 or 3, update the graphics for current gen consoles, and add the things highlighted in bold above, then resell the game for $65, is that about right? Also bring back split screen and drop the frame rate back down to 30fps. Oh and elites cause everyone loves those guys. Also sell the game on 360 too cause people don't want to buy X1's
Let me give you another example. Say I sell jackets, my number 1 selling jacket is this red one. It has no pockets, just a plain red jacket. Say now I sell blue jackets, I added pockets, and it's made from a new material. Still has the same exact design structure as my Red jacket, but its blue now. I'm selling this jacket for $65. Now I'm selling a green jacket for $65, this jacket has a hood. Same exact design as the Blue jacket, but now it has a hood!
You see where I'm going with this? You can't make the same damn game every 3 years for the past 10+ years and change a handful of items, and expect consumers to pay $65 for it. I personally would feel ripped off.
Football, baseball, soccer, basketball, etc. etc. They all barely change at all and people LOVE it year and year out! They shell out way more money for those sports than we do for Halo. At least my comparison uses other games. Not clothing.
Pretty horrible example if you ask me. All these sports have been around 10x longer then video games, not to mention all the logistics that go into them, stadiums, team owners, revenue for states, jobs, players, college recruitment, sponsorships, TV networks, the list goes on...I used an easy example someone could follow to help illustrate my point.
They all had to start somewhere. And Halo was headed in that direction until H3 came out. Heck, it even had a little spot on SportsCenter for a while.

I think H5 is headed back in the right direction. But without the option to do LAN I don't think it will be nearly as popular as H2 in terms of good entertainment for viewers. Look what happened during the H2A tourney. Xbox Live went down and the tournament got delayed for an hour.
Yeah they did all start somewhere. I just think since baseball has been around since the 1800s, that's a pretty big head start therefore a lopsided example. Anyways like I said people don't like change. I agree that Xbox with no LAN is pretty a** backwards but what can we do...nothing...
Also all these posts are just speculation that Halo will fail/succeed. Guess we will see come Oct 27 =)
#1: No playable elites. The whole reason of "It's not canon" is just, I'm sorry, RIDICULOUSLY stupid. It's people online playing against each other. Stop trying to overthink everything.
#2: No splitscreen. Stop with the whole "It's technically impossible." Yes. It is. 343i just CHOSE not to make it a priority. Halo 3 and 4 on the MCC are running at 1080 60 fps are FINE with 4 player splitscreen.
#3: Campaigns introduce too much lore. I'm tired of it. I understood Halo CE - 3 perfectly fine and developed connections to all those characters introduced. In Halo 4, there were so many random introductions to characters and lore, and some of it didn't even make sense. Obviously, we haven't played Halo 5 yet, but it seems the same way. No, I don't read the books. Most people don't read the books. Make your games make sense to the masses.
#4: 343i seems more focused on making the game their own, rather than making good Halo sequels. And it's silly. The game WASN'T theirs. The fanbase ISN'T theirs. Everything was inherited, and should be treated as such.
Marcos94 wrote:
#1: No playable elites. The whole reason of "It's not canon" is just, I'm sorry, RIDICULOUSLY stupid. It's people online playing against each other. Stop trying to overthink everything.
#2: No splitscreen. Stop with the whole "It's technically impossible." Yes. It is. 343i just CHOSE not to make it a priority. Halo 3 and 4 on the MCC are running at 1080 60 fps are FINE with 4 player splitscreen.
#3: Campaigns introduce too much lore. I'm tired of it. I understood Halo CE - 3 perfectly fine and developed connections to all those characters introduced. In Halo 4, there were so many random introductions to characters and lore, and some of it didn't even make sense. Obviously, we haven't played Halo 5 yet, but it seems the same way. No, I don't read the books. Most people don't read the books. Make your games make sense to the masses.
#4: 343i seems more focused on making the game their own, rather than making good Halo sequels. And it's silly. The game WASN'T theirs. The fanbase ISN'T theirs. Everything was inherited, and should be treated as such.
uhh what? Do you skip the cut scenes or something, they explain everything.
WARJARL wrote:
This thread is not intended to bash on Halo 5, it's just about the players little complaints about the game

My only complaint, right now, is that since there is no split screen, it takes away a handy tool for me in Forge and Custom Games.

In forge, I can watch where exactly a man cannon causes a player to land or see the scale of what I am building compared to the player

In custom games, I use splitscreen for staging screenshots as well as a method of training and skill sharpening.

For the training and skill sharpening, I utilize my extra controllers for fake-ai by using something to hold the thumbsticks in a direction and altering the game speed to make them move around, usually with the help of teleporters to keep them from getting stuck. This is really handy when practicing your weapon accuracy.

Other than that, from what I've seen this game looks awesome. My #2 is the limited player customization options like shoulders and whatnot, HOWEVER- I totally understand why it is the way it is. Back in the days of halo 3 and even reach, there were a lot of armor concepts scrapped because the multiple options for customization limited the total number of sets. If we had the same options in 5 we could have potentially lost some really awesome variants.
This is exactly what I'm really annoyed about.
NO SPLIT SCREEN?! The franchise was built on that i remember being blown away by the first one and playing countles hours with my buddies using the ole plasma grenade launch trick and just messing about. If it werent for that i don't think it woulve taken off as it did and spawn halo 2 and its MP. And this Might seem stupid but im not diggin the sights on the carbine. Thats always been my favorite weapon and a lot of why it was so effective i thought was because of the zoom level of the scope. BUT ive seen very little gameplay footage and idk if you can customize weapons or anything. I have no complaints really im just glad to be excited about a new halo again because in my opinion it went downhill after 3 They were good games but i felt like they didnt bring as much to the table as far as new gameplay and whatnot. For example going from halo CE to 2 was a HUGE leap and then 3 did the same. And i don't mean that as an insult i still played them all. I just don't think that the franchise name holds that prestigious "holy crap i have to get a xbox just to play that" title anymore those days are gone but im hoping that this installment brings back its uniqueness as something different and better than anything in the genre i personally feel that this is the last chance to revive itself before it reaches the milk it for all its worth phase. but im stoked and its enough for me to finally get onboard. (with xb1 that is)
Mine is a very small one. But it's the emblem system. They took an already super simple system and made it simpler. They even took out the ability to change your own colors from the looks of it.
MandalsTV wrote:
Marcos94 wrote:
Yes everyone skips the cutscenes all that got old right quick. Campaign mode can go back to the 90s if you ask me does it really matter what outlandish reasons are behind running around shooting things it was way too much to follow by the 3rd one if you want the story read the books... Its almost as dumb as how they try making a story out of mortal kombat and street fighter. And i think 343 is making the right moves making it their own there isnt really any other option and Bungie is too busy bending people over with Destiny. I have alot more respect for 343 keeping it going while bungie is making that garbage although im sure it wouldn't have mattered who the torch was passed to cuz msoft has rights to it.
We have the biggest and most multiplayer oriented campaign in Halo history with fewer ways than ever to play with others.
Yes everyone skips the cutscenes all that got old right quick. Campaign mode can go back to the 90s if you ask me does it really matter what outlandish reasons are behind running around shooting things it was way too much to follow by the 3rd one if you want the story read the books... Its almost as dumb as how they try making a story out of mortal kombat and street fighter. And i think 343 is making the right moves making it their own there isnt really any other option and Bungie is too busy bending people over with Destiny. I have alot more respect for 343 keeping it going while bungie is making that garbage although im sure it wouldn't have mattered who the torch was passed to cuz msoft has rights to it.
You know something? You have a point. I miss games wherein you're a lone bad--Yoink- who has to clear out hordes of enemies by yourself with 9 different guns strapped to your back with context and plot kept to scrolling text after each quarter of the game. I don't think Halo should be that necessarily, but more games ought to be.
No split screen. Other then that my number 2 complaint is I just want the campaign to be bigger then it already is.
So biggest Halo campaign yet and thats still not big enough for you?

My biggest complaint, which is more of a peeve is the Lack of Spit-screan. though I do understand the problems implementation it could cause. its more the Xbone's fault the 343's
1) Splitscreen
2) LAN

I love the campaign but I love playing with others more in the same room. Add the above back and I'll buy it.
LordDrok98 wrote:
My complaint is more of a worry. Where are social playlists? They haven't mentioned them at all and if infection is missing from this game that will suck. Other than that, there isn't much for me to complain about m.
I totally agree. It worries me they have not talked about game modes in arena. Does this mean we get only slayer and flag? Is there assault, koth, oddball, vip, infection, swat?

It makes me nervous that these things have not been mentioned, and for that I must complain.
NO SPLIT SCREEN?! The franchise was built on that i remember being blown away by the first one and playing countles hours with my buddies using the ole plasma grenade launch trick and just messing about. If it werent for that i don't think it woulve taken off as it did and spawn halo 2 and its MP. And this Might seem stupid but im not diggin the sights on the carbine. Thats always been my favorite weapon and a lot of why it was so effective i thought was because of the zoom level of the scope. BUT ive seen very little gameplay footage and idk if you can customize weapons or anything. I have no complaints really im just glad to be excited about a new halo again because in my opinion it went downhill after 3 They were good games but i felt like they didnt bring as much to the table as far as new gameplay and whatnot. For example going from halo CE to 2 was a HUGE leap and then 3 did the same. And i don't mean that as an insult i still played them all. I just don't think that the franchise name holds that prestigious "holy crap i have to get a xbox just to play that" title anymore those days are gone but im hoping that this installment brings back its uniqueness as something different and better than anything in the genre i personally feel that this is the last chance to revive itself before it reaches the milk it for all its worth phase. but im stoked and its enough for me to finally get onboard. (with xb1 that is)
And whats the deal with the whole not talking about religion thing? I noticed someone being tokd that on a separate thread just for bringing up the widely known similarities between religious themes and Halo's story.
And why are we not allowed to mention the well known similarities between religious themes and Halo's story? I understand if its just for the sake of not offending people or sparking debates that would probably never end. I noticed someone being bashed for bringing that up on a separate thread.
MandalsTV wrote:
Marcos94 wrote:
1.) They never explained why elites joined the covenant again.
2.) Master Chief didn't even question why Cortana woke him up. "Ready to get back to work?" He didn't even know why he was awake.
3.) The covenant and prometheans just "conveniently" teamed up together. Superb. Why?
4.) The introduction of prometheans was way too casual. Remember how the flood was introduced in CE? It was mysterious and fantastic.
5.) Why the hell was Infinity even around requiem RIGHT after Master Chief got pulled in? Again: Convenience.
6.) Where the hell are the other spartans coming from? Spartan 4's? Just like that, it just happened in between Halo 3 and Halo 4? No explanation in the games?
7.) Who the heck is the librarian, and how is she just able to give Master Chief powers to resist the "composer?"
8.) How did Cortana save Master Chief in the end? Teleportation? Shielding? Nothing was said. Only "I only held enough back to get you off the ship." Come on. Lol

These are just off the top of my head. Many more problems with the campaign. Felt like, at times, that I wasn't even playing Halo.
If any of these were explained at all, they were way too subtle. I've played through the campaign 4-5 times and I still don't understand any of these things.
No Splitscreen. This is definetly a step back. If Im gonna play solo the IAs better be well built because I use to play with friends and Im the only one with the X1 so this is something im really mad at with H5G. Im gonna really miss another human playing with me in the same console as I dont use to play with friends online!
Quote:
We have the biggest and most multiplayer oriented campaign in Halo history with fewer ways than ever to play with others.
THIS. THIS is what annoys me the most.
Marcos94 wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
Marcos94 wrote:
1.) They never explained why elites joined the covenant again.
2.) Master Chief didn't even question why Cortana woke him up. "Ready to get back to work?" He didn't even know why he was awake.
3.) The covenant and prometheans just "conveniently" teamed up together. Superb. Why?
4.) The introduction of prometheans was way too casual. Remember how the flood was introduced in CE? It was mysterious and fantastic.
5.) Why the hell was Infinity even around requiem RIGHT after Master Chief got pulled in? Again: Convenience.
6.) Where the hell are the other spartans coming from? Spartan 4's? Just like that, it just happened in between Halo 3 and Halo 4? No explanation in the games?
7.) Who the heck is the librarian, and how is she just able to give Master Chief powers to resist the "composer?"
8.) How did Cortana save Master Chief in the end? Teleportation? Shielding? Nothing was said. Only "I only held enough back to get you off the ship." Come on. Lol

These are just off the top of my head. Many more problems with the campaign. Felt like, at times, that I wasn't even playing Halo.
If any of these were explained at all, they were way too subtle. I've played through the campaign 4-5 times and I still don't understand any of these things.
What bothers me most of all is that I only played through Halo 4 to have context for Halo 5, and evidently that still wasn't enough; to understand Halo 5, I will have had to read multiple books and comics, not to mention watched a terrible TV show to give some background to Locke. The ideal way to deal with lore is subtlety; have it around for the observant fan to catch, but make it inconsequential enough so that one who only cares about the here and now won't feel like he/she missed anything. MGS3 does this well: there are many references and winks toward plot that happened in the previous games, but missing the context behind the implications of metal gear, or why the descriptor "a true patriot" was supposed to ring uneasy in your ear didn't detract from the story.
Needs more Forerunner vehicles
No splitscreen. For me that was the only reason I got xbox. Seems like I'll only be playing on PC from now on :(
1. No Split-screen
2. Elite's either stand still too long or crash into boxes when strafing. Step back compared to Reach in the AI department. Especially now that Spartans have infinite sprint and thruster boosting is part of default abilities.
3. ADS should just be visual, and not affect gameplay too much with weapons like the SMG and AR like in the Beta.
The fact that it isn't out yet. Oh and that Mark IV hasn't been confirmed as a REQ.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 63