Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What is your #1 complaint about Halo 5?

OP WARJARL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 54
  4. 55
  5. 56
  6. 57
  7. 58
  8. ...
  9. 63
NO SPLIT SCREEN!
And the wierd forge controls
Sprint.
Campaign. Not the story so much, but the level design is just horrendous.
To Me the story was OK but was just a bit empty.
Basically everything, the controls are basically call of duty, griffball isn't even fun anymore because of the Spartan charge and lunge range and some other reasons. I'm fine if there's sprint but not clamber, Spartan charge, ground pound, smart link, no Spartan abilities except for a built in thruster pack.
They should just bring back all of the different versions of vehicles and weapons.
Playable Elites. Invasion. The option to have random weapons without having to use their game type. The damage percentages only go down to 10%. The req system is rigged. They need to add Super Fiesta to custom games. They need to add all of the weapons and vehicles to forge. And much more.
And most of all the gameplay just isn't Halo anymore.
It comes down to opinion. Personally I love what they did with halo 5s abilities. If they went back to bare basic I'd hate the game. Might as well just play the old games.

it needs to evolve, if it stays the same it might as well be COD. Yet I hate cod, Halo must be doing something right.
You dou realize that it's more like cod now than it was before (Before is was completely different, and was its own thing.).
I still don't see the relation with cod, I've attempted to play it but every halo out ranks cod easy for me. But halo needs to evolve, if they kept it to the same formula it would ruin itself. But each to their own, for you it may be like cod. But I personally love halo 5, which makes it hurt more when you try to play its campaign or want splitscreen.
Except that CoD releases every year, so the formula gets old. Halo had longer release between games, so people had a chance to want a new game with that playstyle.

Pokemon is a perfect example of this scenario. The core gameplay remains unchanged, aside from spinoffs, but cause it releases on a 3-4 occasionaly 2 year development cycle, noone gets bored of it

you have flawed logic
Flawed logic? Pokemon got boring after gold and silver because it didn't change. And none of what you said indicates flawed logic.

Personally Halo is completely different to COD and if halo stayed to the same formula it would have gotten boring. Simple as that. I'd personally like to see these aspects that you think make Halo so similar to COD.

I suppose they are similar, except for story, gameplay, guns, vehicular combat, multiplayer, game modes such as forge, game mechanics, customisation... I suppose halo 4 had load outs. So they must be the exact same game now.
Action sack isn't out yet and the sword lunge in infection is overpowered next to the spnkr rocket launcher when last man standing traits are on.
That would be having armor customization being limited to helmet, body, and visor. reach and 4 had a great customazation, making a spartan look more unique with individual pieces to choose from.
Basically everything, the controls are basically call of duty, griffball isn't even fun anymore because of the Spartan charge and lunge range and some other reasons. I'm fine if there's sprint but not clamber, Spartan charge, ground pound, smart link, no Spartan abilities except for a built in thruster pack.
They should just bring back all of the different versions of vehicles and weapons.
Playable Elites. Invasion. The option to have random weapons without having to use their game type. The damage percentages only go down to 10%. The req system is rigged. They need to add Super Fiesta to custom games. They need to add all of the weapons and vehicles to forge. And much more.
It comes down to opinion. Personally I love what they did with halo 5s abilities. If they went back to bare basic I'd hate the game. Might as well just play the old games.

it needs to evolve, if it stays the same it might as well be COD. Yet I hate cod, Halo must be doing something right.
You dou realize that it's more like cod now than it was before (Before is was completely different, and was its own thing.).
I still don't see the relation with cod, I've attempted to play it but every halo out ranks cod easy for me. But halo needs to evolve, if they kept it to the same formula it would ruin itself. But each to their own, for you it may be like cod. But I personally love halo 5, which makes it hurt more when you try to play its campaign or want splitscreen.
Except that CoD releases every year, so the formula gets old. Halo had longer release between games, so people had a chance to want a new game with that playstyle.

Pokemon is a perfect example of this scenario. The core gameplay remains unchanged, aside from spinoffs, but cause it releases on a 3-4 occasionaly 2 year development cycle, noone gets bored of it

you have flawed logic
Flawed logic? Pokemon got boring after gold and silver because it didn't change. And none of what you said indicates flawed logic.

Personally Halo is completely different to COD and if halo stayed to the same formula it would have gotten boring. Simple as that. I'd personally like to see these aspects that you think make Halo so similar to COD.

I suppose they are similar, except for story, gameplay, guns, vehicular combat, multiplayer, game modes such as forge, game mechanics, customisation... I suppose halo 4 had load outs. So they must be the exact same game now.
The the issue is with you not the games. Becaus pokemon remains largely succesful for two decades without changing. And it is you who should be looking for a new franchise, not expecting another to change.

and what? The point is that Halo doesnt release every year but CoD does. So you get a chance to be wanting the next one for Halo, CoD releasing every year gets old fast because of the yearly release.
Just inconsistency in general. With the game, I mean. Its not just me either. Me and many others complain about lag or latency issues with the servers causing different ping rates among players in a lobby. People can teleport and rubber band no matter the search preference. There are also times when damage or hit registration lag behind too, where shots don't seems to be landing or doing damage when its clear that they should be, and enemies drop dead a second or two AFTER the final blow has been dealt instead of immediately after. All of this not only messes with the game's consistency, but also the player's. How is a player supposed to build confidence with their shot and skill on these so-called "dedicated servers."? And don't even get me started on the aiming system.
Definitely the campaign, that's what's always made Halo halo for me:(

you have flawed logic

The the issue is with you not the games. Becaus pokemon remains largely succesful for two decades without changing. And it is you who should be looking for a new franchise, not expecting another to change.

and what? The point is that Halo doesnt release every year but CoD does. So you get a chance to be wanting the next one for Halo, CoD releasing every year gets old fast because of the yearly release.
How dare you say this issue is with me? It's differentiating opinions and you resort to saying that it's me? Without even saying why, yet you're ready to be dismissive of someone else's opinion because you don't share it.

You do realise I'm not the only person with this opinion. I'd much rather not wait for the new innovations and improvements to a game over an extended time, as you have been putting it, only to be disappointed that I've got the exact same play style, no changes, just another slightly different campaign with no new content to enjoy. Every halo has changed drastically with each game and has been successful, each with their highlights and complaints.

You seem to be more concerned with directing comments against me rather then contributing to the discussion, you came up with the example of Pokemon. You do realise that they're completely different games yeah? And that the Pokemon games major successes have been in the Japanese markets, except for maybe Pokemon go, which funnily enough is a drastic change from the normal.

I would be inclined to acknowledge your points if you weren't so hell bent on arguing slippery slope points. Not once have you highlight the big similarities between cod and halo, instead you went on a tangent that you seem to think that somehow that justifies COD and Halo being so much the same now "apparently". (Despite the games being self evident in proving that they are not the same)

Unless you actually come up with some actual arguments for the topic in question, that apparently halo has become more like cod, then there is zero point at discussing this further.

i acknowledge that some parts of games need to be kept in tact to ensure fans are appeased. But restricting it by doing nothing is not going to make fans happy either. As an example Halo 5 warzone has been some of the best multiplayer ever for halo (not without its flaws of course, yet another reason why halo isn't like cod). The only complaint I will say is my major pet hate with halo 5 is its campaign. It needed so much more and didn't deliver.

Now. If your next response is going to be another non contributive remark then I refuse to argue with a person who has yet to make a decent argument.
Sorry servers that's gets blamed on bad internet

you have flawed logic

Isame game now.

How dare you say this issue is with me? It's differentiating opinions and you resort to saying that it's me? Without even saying why, yet you're ready to be dismissive of someone else's opinion because you don't share it.

You do realise I'm not the only person with this opinion. I'd much rather not wait for the new innovations and improvements to a game over an extended time, as you have been putting it, only to be disappointed that I've got the exact same play style, no changes, just another slightly different campaign with no new content to enjoy. Every halo has changed drastically with each game and has been successful, each with their highlights and complaints.

You seem to be more concerned with directing comments against me rather then contributing to the discussion, you came up with the example of Pokemon. You do realise that they're completely different games yeah? And that the Pokemon games major successes have been in the Japanese markets, except for maybe Pokemon go, which funnily enough is a drastic change from the normal.

I would be inclined to acknowledge your points if you weren't so hell bent on arguing slippery slope points. Not once have you highlight the big similarities between cod and halo, instead you went on a tangent that you seem to think that somehow that justifies COD and Halo being so much the same now "apparently". (Despite the games being self evident in proving that they are not the same)

Unless you actually come up with some actual arguments for the topic in question, that apparently halo has become more like cod, then there is zero point at discussing this further.

i acknowledge that some parts of games need to be kept in tact to ensure fans are appeased. But restricting it by doing nothing is not going to make fans happy either. As an example Halo 5 warzone has been some of the best multiplayer ever for halo (not without its flaws of course, yet another reason why halo isn't like cod). The only complaint I will say is my major pet hate with halo 5 is its campaign. It needed so much more and didn't deliver.

Now. If your next response is going to be another non contributive remark then I refuse to argue with a person who has yet to make a decent argument.
I mean, if you want to blow it out of proportion go ahead. And if you actually properly read what I said instead of jumping to bizarre conclusions, I didn't say Halo was like Cod, at all, not once.

If you get bored the gameplay, that is your problem, you that has tired of that franchise, you who is experiencing franchise fatigue.

That is not the fault of the franchise, and the franchise shouldn't be changing entirely for a 40, 000 player minority compared to the hundreds of thousands who liked it just fine the way it was (and that is an accurate assessment of what has happened)

Now, I'm going to repeat this for the third time, make sure to read it properly this time:

Halo doesn't release yearly, Cod does. So Cod gameplay gets old fast, as you never get the chance to want a new one like people do with Pokemon and Dark Souls for example. Thats why these games don't get old to the large majority of their Audience.

And if it is getting old for you, I reiterate, that is your problem, and you are in a minority compared to the massive playerbase that surrounded Halo before Reach started this downwards spiral of Bad mechanics and changing what people loved about Halo.

I'm not targeting you, I'm being honest with the situation, you are part of a 40,000 (thats being very generous, that assumes the entire concurrent peak Halo 5 population right now thinks Halo 5 is better, which simply isnt true, many just play Halo as its a recognisable franchise they still support) minority group of Halo fans who think Halo "has to evolve"

Good BTB was evolution, Sandbox addition was evolution, Forge was an evolution, Theatre was an evolution, new game modes were evolutions, they expanded the Halo experience.

Sprint and abilities outright change it, and clearly those changes are not popular with the Hundreds of Thousands of concurrent players Halo once Had. Halo 5's concurrent population is about 10% of Halo 3's concurrent population within the same time after release.

As for Warzone, warzone is enjoyed by mostly the population that liked Halo 4, Infact its player base almost completely aligns with Halo 4s BTB playerbase. warzone as a gamemode is about giving free kills to noobs who use big easy to use poweweapons that are handed right to them from their spawn. Its just Bigger team Dominion, and spits on what Halo most of what was about. But thats Ok, as an alternative game mode. But also completely killing the Small map, true Arena mechanics of the past just for Warzone? A gamemode made up of less than 10% of Halo's past massive Fanbase, less than a quarter of Halo 3s BTB?

That strikes me as pretty dumb frankly, and clearly shows this logic that Halo "had to evolve" is completely flawed, after all, if they hadn't messed with that they would have a larger playerbase to exploit microtransactions from
Halo never needed to change, it didn't have a chance to fail.

There is no evidence for people to say Halo needed to evolve.
No good campaign. That's honestly it, really. I -Yoinking!- love this game. I got some minor beefs here and there, and I'll probably think of a bunch when I start losing. (Rage Mode: Activate) But really, I quite enjoy everything Halo 5 has to offer.
me too, no splitscreen was the worst decision 343i could have made.
I have many complaints about Halo 5.

My top issues are the lack of classic game modes (KOTH, oddball, race), the lack of social playlists, broken ranking system (unfair games), inability to find people in WZA/FFA, lack of EOD and lack of updates to WZFF.

If these were addressed I wouldn't have any major issues. Just smaller ones such as how cluttered the armor and randomly order it is.

you have flawed logic

Isame game now.
I mean, if you want to blow it out of proportion go ahead. And if you actually properly read what I said instead of jumping to bizarre conclusions, I didn't say Halo was like Cod, at all, not once.

If you get bored the gameplay, that is your problem, you that has tired of that franchise, you who is experiencing franchise fatigue.

That is not the fault of the franchise, and the franchise shouldn't be changing entirely for a 40, 000 player minority compared to the hundreds of thousands who liked it just fine the way it was (and that is an accurate assessment of what has happened)

Now, I'm going to repeat this for the third time, make sure to read it properly this time:

Halo doesn't release yearly, Cod does. So Cod gameplay gets old fast, as you never get the chance to want a new one like people do with Pokemon and Dark Souls for example. Thats why these games don't get old to the large majority of their Audience.

And if it is getting old for you, I reiterate, that is your problem, and you are in a minority compared to the massive playerbase that surrounded Halo before Reach started this downwards spiral of Bad mechanics and changing what people loved about Halo.

I'm not targeting you, I'm being honest with the situation, you are part of a 40,000 (thats being very generous, that assumes the entire concurrent peak Halo 5 population right now thinks Halo 5 is better, which simply isnt true, many just play Halo as its a recognisable franchise they still support) minority group of Halo fans who think Halo "has to evolve"

Good BTB was evolution, Sandbox addition was evolution, Forge was an evolution, Theatre was an evolution, new game modes were evolutions, they expanded the Halo experience.

Sprint and abilities outright change it, and clearly those changes are not popular with the Hundreds of Thousands of concurrent players Halo once Had. Halo 5's concurrent population is about 10% of Halo 3's concurrent population within the same time after release.

As for Warzone, warzone is enjoyed by mostly the population that liked Halo 4, Infact its player base almost completely aligns with Halo 4s BTB playerbase. warzone as a gamemode is about giving free kills to noobs who use big easy to use poweweapons that are handed right to them from their spawn. Its just Bigger team Dominion, and spits on what Halo most of what was about. But thats Ok, as an alternative game mode. But also completely killing the Small map, true Arena mechanics of the past just for Warzone? A gamemode made up of less than 10% of Halo's past massive Fanbase, less than a quarter of Halo 3s BTB?

That strikes me as pretty dumb frankly, and clearly shows this logic that Halo "had to evolve" is completely flawed, after all, if they hadn't messed with that they would have a larger playerbase to exploit microtransactions from
1. You're assuming a lot. Like I'm experiencing fatigue? No I simply enjoy the game for what it is. You're also generalising me in a group that you seem to think are ruining the game or blinded, I'm not, im just as critical of these games as you are just my opinion I liked he improvements to the game. (Hate some other parts)

2. This post was originally about cod being the same as halo "You dou realize that it's more like cod now than it was before (Before is was completely different, and was its own thing." Hence exactly what I've been talking about the whole time, I do apologise maybe you didn't see that part of the conversation or something along those lines. But that's why I've been aggressive with you with this whole talk. Again sorry.

3. Sprint and armor abilities I'm fine with but I'd rather selected playlists that are Spring free and one that has sprint. I'll leave that one there.

4. Warzone is enjoyable, the way you say it is as if we should only keep to how halo use to me. No new modes, despite an AI cross player game mode being requested ever since halo 3. I don't like microtransactions but I haven't made one purchase, though it does need heavy adjusting.

5. My biggest annoyance at the moment is the fact you say you weren't directing at me yet everything you say about me being a part of group, and you're assuming I'm a minority. I suppose maybe I am, I hated the fact that there is no splitscreen and the story went to crap and the extreme lack of content. So yes, I'm guilty for wishing halo 5 was better than what it is and they are all factual because we know how the game is and how it launched. Though you ok the other hand are pulling out bogus statistics with no source and your spinning it as if your opinion is how it should be. You don't dismiss others opinion simply because you thing yours is superior.
Player spawns on team doubles are broke. IM having the match right now, and the enemy team knows where and when I will spawn from each location. Riptide is the match, on the team doubles playlist. (Can't fight hydra and good beam rifle snipers down a hallway, they even timed a plasma pistol charged shoot at me for as soon as I spawned, I would die!)

you have flawed logic

Isame game now.

1. You're assuming a lot. Like I'm experiencing fatigue? No I simply enjoy the game for what it is. You're also generalising me in a group that you seem to think are ruining the game or blinded, I'm not, im just as critical of these games as you are just my opinion I liked he improvements to the game. (Hate some other parts)

2. This post was originally about cod being the same as halo "You dou realize that it's more like cod now than it was before (Before is was completely different, and was its own thing." Hence exactly what I've been talking about the whole time, I do apologise maybe you didn't see that part of the conversation or something along those lines. But that's why I've been aggressive with you with this whole talk. Again sorry.

3. Sprint and armor abilities I'm fine with but I'd rather selected playlists that are Spring free and one that has sprint. I'll leave that one there.

4. Warzone is enjoyable, the way you say it is as if we should only keep to how halo use to me. No new modes, despite an AI cross player game mode being requested ever since halo 3. I don't like microtransactions but I haven't made one purchase, though it does need heavy adjusting.

5. My biggest annoyance at the moment is the fact you say you weren't directing at me yet everything you say about me being a part of group, and you're assuming I'm a minority. I suppose maybe I am, I hated the fact that there is no splitscreen and the story went to crap and the extreme lack of content. So yes, I'm guilty for wishing halo 5 was better than what it is and they are all factual because we know how the game is and how it launched. Though you ok the other hand are pulling out bogus statistics with no source and your spinning it as if your opinion is how it should be. You don't dismiss others opinion simply because you thing yours is superior.
Halo 5 has a massive amount of things to improve going into Halo 6. Splitscreen is just one of them
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 54
  4. 55
  5. 56
  6. 57
  7. 58
  8. ...
  9. 63