Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What is your #1 complaint about Halo 5?

OP FTA Spear

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 57
  4. 58
  5. 59
  6. 60
  7. 61
  8. ...
  9. 63
at offline bots in halo 6
No Raider or Strider re-skins.
They haven't added my favorite helmet , CQB from halo 3

But they can add all theese ugly armor skins to flood the req pool.

"Give me back my face!" -Rorschach
The bugs man. Halo crashing when you open a gold pack, BTB frame drops, lag here and there, menu freezing at times, difficulty joining someone'a fireteam. It's been an increasingly buggy game :/
No offline Forge or Warzone variant

Campaign - when you consider the entire sandbox avaiablle to 343 it's a very definite shame we still have areas that feel like that's all they are. Halo 3 showed what a sandbox in an area could be with it's Tsavo Highway and Ark levels. Now with Xbox one we have suitable power and still no advancement at all in this area. For a Halo game to be truly impacting in the future it needs to ambitious in this area otherwise it just starts to feel enclosed. I remember when the outer of levels of Halo1 felt majestic within an admittedly still tight area space but Halo3 showed that Halo encounters should also be about battlefield style spaces where truly dynamic gameplay shines. Going back to when 343 showed their vidoc saying how they were pushing ambitiously in all directions, it just seems now they don't understand what that actually means. Halo 6 will be the last game for me if they don't start embracing this potential because great though the formula is, it's not actually evolving in key areas outside combat movement refinements
The ranking system
That the game exists, and no this isn't a bash I'm %100 serious, allow me to explain.

Halo 5 is the LEAST Halo of any other title, at least Halo 4 had SOME originality to it, while Halo 5 just blatantly rips off of other FPS games without having a SINGLE original idea of it's own. Halo is about evolving the game in a way that makes it a one-of-a-kind, unique experience, not a generic run-of-the-mill FPS game with moderate graphics and crappy game mechanics, no that is not Halo. Halo is what WE as a community say it is, because without a community there is no Halo. I have seen things in Halo 5 that actually got me to load up MM on the MCC just to see how bad things have gotten, MCC runs smoother and has FAR superior gameplay to Halo 5 despite the MCC's many flaws, it is still a better Halo title than 5, no MT's, no esports BS, just old fans finding new ways to have fun on the classic games that shaped the franchise.
No splitscreen.
343 has made very questionable choices, all they focused on is that stupid competitive yoink
"Hey guyth Halo 5 ith gonna an ethporths game! HCS ESL 60 FPS NO SCOPE, WE SHOUT CASTED A MATCH OF CTF AT GAMESCOM BUY OUR GAME PLS
The fact that ever scince anvils legacy came out, I cant play the damn game!!!
No splitscreen or most BTB maps not being original mostly forge made
The freaking faulty servers, the fact that everyone outside US (and someone also in there) is left completely into the mud.
The cherry on cake's top: I live in EU and since a couple of months MS has tripled the number of servers (2 -> 6).
Halo 5 is still using none of the new ones, sticking with the original 2 over and over again.

What the hell is that if not pure indifference?
The hilarious belief that Halo 5 caters to competitive players, when at best this shallow as hell game masquerades as one. If Halo 4 (you know? The competitive rock bottom of Halo?) had the financial backing Halo 5 does, we would see similar results, guaranteed. Esports are not about competitive merit, they are about money.
Why are the servers so bad now, I remember playing since launch with no hassle, now I'm getting a crap ton of disconnects & lag.
The weapon sandbox. A good weapon sandbox would fix a lot of my issues with the game.
The bugs man. Halo crashing when you open a gold pack, BTB frame drops, lag here and there, menu freezing at times, difficulty joining someone'a fireteam. It's been an increasingly buggy game :/
This. Also, the atrocious servers and heavy aiming.
I can't play a game of swat! when I select it (and others ) I just sit there until it times out and never get in! this never use to be a problem when the game first came out but he been for some time now ! it has made me turn to other games when I really wanna play halo. . .
No jetpack
The fact that 343 just does what they want instead of actually listening to the community.
Campaign.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 57
  4. 58
  5. 59
  6. 60
  7. 61
  8. ...
  9. 63