Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What is your opinion about halo 5

OP SkinnerChief

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I personally did not like the campaign but I liked the multiplayer.
Not too much of a fan of the gameplay for Multiplayer as regardless of "Social" playlist, the way the multiplayer is designed theres no such thing as social or casual.
It's just how it plays, it's designed to be a highly competitive shooter regardless of mode.

Warzone Firefight is pretty much all I play now as I just can't be bothered with the try hards anymore.
That's pretty much everyones opinion regarding H5...except for some of the 'OG' players who of course hated everything about it regardless because of sprint/spartan charge/ground pound (mechanics not in HCE-3).

The story was blah (literally the only take away is the rise of 'The Created') but I did enjoy the multiplayer aspect of it.
Not too much of a fan of the gameplay for Multiplayer as regardless of "Social" playlist, the way the multiplayer is designed theres no such thing as social or casual.It's just how it plays, it's designed to be a highly competitive shooter regardless of mode.

Warzone Firefight is pretty much all I play now as I just can't be bothered with the try hards anymore.
^ This as well...
Campaign:
Halo 5 has a terrible story, which is even more disappointing due to the fact that the story they were marketing before the release seemed really promising, but we didn't get that at all in the game.

The level design in the single-player was better than Halo 4, maps were more vertical in order to accomodate the enhanced mobility (clamber & ground and pound). It had some good moments, like the kraken and being able to ride phaetons; but it also had pointles "walking simulator" levels and too many boring boss fights against SpongeBullet WardenEternalPants.

Multiplayer:
Breakout was not my cup of tea, but I could understand the appeal. I had a lot of fun with Arena though, the gameplay was really addictive and I loved my time with it. Arena for me is by far the best feature of Halo 5, but it did release lacking in content.

At first I was enjoying Warzone as well, and I played a lot of it. I'm not proud to admit that I've spent more money in REQ packs than I probably should. But at some point Warzone became very toxic due to Spartan Companies spawn trapping enemy teams for pretty much the entierety of the 15 minutes playtime at their home bases while refusing to destroy the core and win the game already in order to farm points. That completely ruined Warzone for me and I didn't stick around to try Firefight, by the time it released I moved on from Halo 5.
I love the gameplay. It’s easily the best in the franchise IMO.

The multiplayer experiences ranging from the amount of content, the matchmaker, the skill assessor, the team balancer, the visual skill indicator (for Ranked), the sandbox tweaking, the ranked environment, and the social environments are sort of a mixed bag over the title’s life-cycle, but as of today I’d say it’s in a pretty great spot overall despite the remaining bugs and population issues that do plague particular playlists more so than others. Easily the best Halo multiplayer experience currently available IMO, but there's still plenty of room for further improvement and I really hope Halo 5 receives an opportunity in the future to get the overhaul treatment it deserves while being fully brought over to the PC platform with input-based cross-play in-mind.

It does possess my favorite Halo playlist of all-time: (CE) Anniversary Throwback.

The custom browser is another excellent feature of Halo 5 even though it has mostly been relegated to people recruiting for clans or whatnot and the occasional octagon warm-up. Nevertheless, you can still find some interesting custom games popping up here and there or you could create one yourself in hopes of getting some people to join.

While there are aspects of the campaign and its story that I do very much appreciate the truth is I just wasn’t enthralled by it overall; in fact, I didn’t care enough to even bother finishing it myself. Instead, I just watched others finish it so I could at least witness the completion of the campaign story. To be fair, over the years in general I’ve cared a bit less and less about the campaigns and the story as my primary attention became more and more solely fixated on the multiplayer component of each title. With that said, I’d rank the franchise's campaign experience and story as such:

Halo: CE
Halo 3: ODST
Halo: Reach
-
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo 5

Oh, and the Theater feature in Halo 5 was very disappointing.
for me H5 multiplayer is one of the best of halo its so cool for me
My least favorite Halo
Wasn't a fan of the campaign but I found Arena to be really fun. Warzone can either be super fun or rage inducing if you get spawn trapped by a good team though.
I personally enjoyed it. I would love for it to see more updates, and a PC port, but I digress. The campaign was okay, but not too special. The MP and Warzone are my cup of tea, I also enjoy the customs browser!
I liked it because of the the advanced movement - not just the thrust, sprint, ground pound etc. but because of things like the super jump and spring jump (I know the spring jump was in previous halos, but it’s more fun in 5 cuz of the clamber)
I disliked the campaign. The overarching story is interested enough but I felt like things were killed too quickly and was shoved down our throats. Locke was forced as well. I like him but I assume the majority of players did not watch nightfall so for them he would just seem like some random soldier who is a big deal now but of nowhere.

Multiplayer was good itself but was riddled with ranking issues/connectivity issues/ it burned myself and a lot of players. Also the fact it felt like the game was released unfinished
Like previously said the story was, well you know..but gameplaywise it was really enjoyable, especially playing coop-campaign. Though I missed jumping on scarabs and a neat flood section. You can't really compare the story with Reach, because the intensity of Reachs story lies in its tragedy and to understand the full story of Halo you gotta go through the lore. The neckbraker was the missing splitscreen. The multiplayer is the best in the whole franchise imo. Everyone starts with the same abilities, same weapons, kinda well balanced (except Fiesta for obvious reason: Plasmapistol vs Nornfang). No crappy: choose your loadout and Jetpoock or dangledoodle or whatsoever. Warzone Ff is way more fun than the Reach Ff and a lot of great modes to choose from. I absolutely love every Spartan ability, you can play dynamically or calmly. That way everyone can enjoy the gameplay that suits best for every taste. I will really miss the abilities in Infinite. I don't get the hate on Spartan Abilities. That will ruin Infinite for me: a step forward, now we're going backwards with "disadvanced" movement. At least we got a hook now, so we can whip each others buttocks..
H5 would have been closer to perfect, if they had more time, better hardware to program on and not to mention the whole issues with connectivity and so on.
i love it.
Good:
•Gameplay was crispy and one of my favorite in the series
•equal starts returns
•variety of power weapons made the sandbox interesting
•Hannibal wasp is bae
•Spartan Companies were overall fun, albeit poorly implemented

Bad:
•campaign was horrendous
•mostly boring soundtrack that depends too much on nostalgia
•armor sets look like toys
•gross lack of content at launch that was slowly released as “free dlc”
•multiplayer maps may play good, but most have a bland design
•loot boxes don’t belong in Halo
•rip BTB
•the last weapon balance made the game overall worse IMO
•no split screen
I’ve had fun. As a game it’s succeeded in that regard, which I think is all that matters...
As a lore guy and someone who's played Halo since Combat Evolved, I did enjoy the campaign. Was it the best? No. Was it the worst Halo campaign? Yes. But that being said, there was alot of cool things that I did like about the multiplayer and the levels are pretty memorable, for me at least. And as far as the multiplayer goes, it has the most fun but also most sweaty multiplayer of any Halo that i've played, but I greatly enjoy it regardless of the sweatiness in some matches. So for me...yeah, I enjoyed Halo 5. Not much about it would make me not wanna play it anymore, personally. I love it for what it is.
The best multiplayer
worst campaign, best mp
I like the multiplayer, I do not like the singleplayer, which is a big factor of enjoyment for me. When I started playing Halo I did not have internet at all, not even a connection to the house, so I just played the campaign over and over, or went to my neighbours house and played splitscreen. Therefore, overall, I do not enjoy Halo 5 that much as the campaign is dog.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2