Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What is your opinion of spartan Locke?

OP P0KIN0JR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I like Locke..he is cool, good leader, has very awesome voice and coolest suit..
TaCs197 wrote:
like they are now best buds. Hopefully we get a dream team with Chief, Locke, Arbiter and someone else, maybe Half-Jaw or something in 6.
Sarah Palmer says hi!
Go home Palmer, nobody loves you! :D :D :D
It's true Palmer. You are the Butters of the halo universe.
Back off you two! I love her!
He lacked back story besides Nightfall. If I remember right from the campaign, he hinted that chief had saved him at one point (guessing young age but can't remember without watching everything) him being an EX ONI was the making for a good story as he had access to classified data. There was potential with him they just didn't follow through.
Locke is Palmer 2.0. Dull, characterless, forgettable and generally more of a wasted character slot than Fire Emblem characters in Sm4sh.
I like him. He seems just like Chief to me, a stoic soldier
Thing is Locke is Chief 2.0, not as in he is replacing him but that he is exactly the same character.

1. Both are stoic
  2. Both care for there teammates
  3. Both are highly skilled
  4. Both have lived through a lifetime of fighting
  5. Both have a strong sense of justice
  6. Both are willing to die for the greater good
  7. Both have or work for ONI
  8. Both are Spartans
  9. Both are great leaders
  10. Both are tactical
  11. Both remain calm under pressure
In my opinion the only difference between the two is that Locke is more human and has different armour. Yes Locke was dull in 5 but Chief was dull through 1 to 3 the only exceptions being his one liners.

Just like the Arbiter before him Locke will get more character development and grow on the community.
Most people cant except this
He has no character. He's just a master chief who takes off his helmet.
Like him... cool character and his armor is badass. My go-to armor set in MP...
I don't mind him, but I also wouldn't mind if he does the Jul'Mdama in the first mission of h6.
I actually really enjoyed Locke, I don't know why everyone hates him so much.
He is a okay character, Halo 5 did not have enough to bring him into being a "Halo" style character to me yet. The fact Locke had more focus on him in Halo 5 then the greatness Master Chief or our favorite Wort Wort speaking alien, Arbiter. Makes the Lock character seem like a wannabe who wants to be in the Halo business but doesn't fit yet.
BLAM baldies everywhere :D lol. Anyways, I did not like Nightfall. It started off as a good movie. However I did like Locke in h5. I really like the potential for story in 6. I like all the characters in the last scene of the game. Valencia and palmer get on my nerves, but I still think they are good characters. There is alot more of a human interaction to the game and the story is getting more personal. Locke adds to this. It's similar to h2 when you switched from chief to arbiter. Arby became a huge importance and I feel that Locke will as well. I've been bummed that we haven't seen Arby for so long, but now we have a pretty elite team going (pun intended)
Chief
Palmer
Kelly
Fred
Linda
Vale.
Locke
Tanaka
Arby
Swords of sanghilios
And my favorite in h5, Buck.

I predict chiefs death.
I really like him, he's a cool character and I can't wait to see his future story development.
like they are now best buds. Hopefully we get a dream team with Chief, Locke, Arbiter and someone else, maybe Half-Jaw or something in 6.
Sarah Palmer says hi!
Go home Palmer, nobody loves you! :D :D :D
Spoiler:
Show

Oh my lorde that poem.

I actually liked Palmer in 5, its like they opened her up and turned the cocky dial down from 11 to 2.
Most people cant except this
I just don't know why. Oh well
I like him okay as a character but he's just kind of pointless.

The feud between him and chief that was advertised in Hunt the Truth literally doesn't exist. There is no big clash of ideals- ONI told him to go after the chief and he followed orders, that's all...

It's almost like Halo 5 exists for the sake of its huge marketing campaign instead of it being the other way around. There is no point in his being such a big part of Halo 5 AT ALL.

I like Osiris, but the game could have just been about Chief, Blue Team, Arbiter and cortana and it would have been SO much better.
he's not the worst character, sometimes he's too serious. besides that I like him
he could be great with more character development.
He's no Sergeant Johnson, God Bless that beautiful man
From the ether a thread returns.

On topic: Bland, a lot of wasted potential.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3