Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What is your opinion of spartan Locke?

OP P0KIN0JR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I don't have a problem with Locke being a chief replacement, I'm ok with new characters being introduced. What annoyed me was how completely flat, static, and PREDICTABLE he was in both nightfall and halo 5. No surprises, nothing new, no reason for me to care in my opinion. I really don't understand why they had to create his character in the first place - there was already a spartan that is a proven leader, recon and scout/stealth expert, and someone that fans already had a connection with.... Jun! He recruited buck into the Spartans, he's a sniper/scouted/recon pro, he's a softball for a leadership role in a manhunt of the chief. He should have been in lockes place I think, and buck would have been able to relate and banter with him... Idk locke's predictability and totally static behavior make me apathetic to everything about him.

And YES I know chief doesn't develop hardly at all and isn't emotional, etc - to me, the small looks into struggles for MC (killing Keyes in the grave mind for example, being held with the arbiter and tryin to convince him the covenant was BS) allowed for interpretation and interest from me, the player. It doesn't take much to hook me and many other fans, Locke just didn't do it at all
I know who he is, but he's seeking someone of the same species. The greatest of his clan.
I don't care for Locke but I don't hate him. One of the main reasons I don't like him is that he pulled a gun on Chief at the end of their fist fight. When I saw that I was just like, "Wow! Really? Way to be a sore loser. Bringing a gun to a fist fight."
He saved Chief in the end, so I can't be too mad at him, but I think part of the reason I didn't like him was poor writing. He needed a better story. I will be okay with him returning in Halo 6, but please 343, give Locke a better role and give Chief the limelight this time around! Blue team should not have only had 3 Missions.
He's a very bland and uninteresting character who I sincerely hope we don't have to play as in Halo 6. It bothers me how 343i tried to push him so much over Chief just because he was their own character and not a relic of Bungie's Halo.
Syntherios wrote:
like they are now best buds. Hopefully we get a dream team with Chief, Locke, Arbiter and someone else, maybe Half-Jaw or something in 6.
Sarah Palmer says hi!
Because I haven't heard enough "WE'RE NOT OUT OF THIS YET WE CAN STILL DESTROY THE ENEMY CORE" and "EGGHEADS EGGHEADS EGGHEADS" in the past 4 years.

Palmer can die in Halo 6 and the world wouldn't miss her.
Actually, thats how Halo 6 could get an easy 10/10.
I don't care for Locke but I don't hate him. One of the main reasons I don't like him is that he pulled a gun on Chief at the end of their fist fight. When I saw that I was just like, "Wow! Really? Way to be a sore loser. Bringing a gun to a fist fight."
He saved Chief in the end, so I can't be too mad at him, but I think part of the reason I didn't like him was poor writing. He needed a better story. I will be okay with him returning in Halo 6, but please 343, give Locke a better role and give Chief the limelight this time around! Blue team should not have only had 3 Missions.
"Wow! Really? Way to be a sore loser. Bringing a gun to a fist fight."

I, uh... um... hm... Wut?

Did you think they were playing a game?
RedFox9a wrote:
I like Locke..he is cool, good leader, has very awesome voice and coolest suit..
TaCs197 wrote:
like they are now best buds. Hopefully we get a dream team with Chief, Locke, Arbiter and someone else, maybe Half-Jaw or something in 6.
Sarah Palmer says hi!
Go home Palmer, nobody loves you! :D :D :D
It's true Palmer. You are the Butters of the halo universe.
Back off you two! I love her!
Thank you!
The problem is him and Osiris went off and had their own mostly irrelevant sidestory instead of being involved in the plot.

He would have been much better if the story was what was advertised, even if people were angry at the antagonism.
I havent the foggiest as to why everyone loves jumping on the "Let's all hate Locke" bandwagon.

After watching Nightfall (on dvd, wheres my Nightfall armour?) it seems Locke has immense respect for the Spartan IIs, Master Chief especially. In fact, I think all soldiers think him some kind of god, and they arent exactly wrong.

In 5 theres that scene where Osiris are suiting up to go bring Chief in and Locke and Buck talk. Buck asks "what will we do when we find him, ask nicely?" before Locke throws the armour restraint device at him.

When Osiris actually catches up with him, Locke does actually ask nicely before Chief strikes at him first.

Also at the end they stand together
Spoiler:
Show

I dunno, its late, I'm probably losing my train of thought, I like the guy enough, even before playing 5. Hes a not-much-nonsense-lets-do-it-the-right-way-and-do-all-the-paragon-interrupts-and-options-along-the-way-even-if-it-hinders-me kinda guy.
I don't know why "few" are on the lets like Locke/343 bandwagon. I don't like my own turds, much less someone else's #Osiris minus Buck.
343 did such a miserable job at introducing Locke that I really don't give a crap about him. They should have given Locke his own game before putting him up against THE MAIN HALO CHARACTOR #chief.
He's okay as a character.

Worth making him the freaking main character of a halo game? No.
He is a complete dialtone
He is ok.
I think he should've just been a side character along with the rest of Osiris. The main character fans actually care about is the chief and by extension, Blue Team. They have a back story and history while most of the Osiris members came out nowhere.
Please don't revive old topics! Thanks! :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3