Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What music do you listen to playing Halo 5?

OP HFish12

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
N.W.A., Ice Cube, Biggie & 2Pac.
Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Hollywood Undead, Lord Huron, Five Finger Death Punch, Simple Plan, Avenged Sevenfold, Hedley, Thousand Foot Krutch, From Ashes to New, 3 Doors Down, Two Steps From Hell, Set it Off, Imagine Dragons, Radical Face, 30 Seconds to Mars, Starset, The Offspring, Rise Against, Breaking Benjamin, All That Remains, Shinedown, Nine Lashes, Skillet, Fall Out Boy, Pillar, Red, Bastille, Fort Minor, OneRepublic, Adelitas Way, Young Guns, Mumford and Sons.
I know I'm missing quite a few so I'll probably add some more later, but those were the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
Nice, a mix of soft and heavy.
Yep, always good to have some variety.
Can't listen to music while I play. I need to have people talking; I can listen to them and have my brain go into auto-pilot mode with the game. Podcasts and Let's Plays work really well for me.
Kevin gates
Call me a looser but I like to listen to various Halo Soundtracks while playing Warzone, and Halo Wars.
I do the same thing, Halo 1 music feels really in place on Apex 7, but that's mostly because I identify it so much with the Silent Cartographer (Its inspiration)

Syntherios wrote:
Nothing because MICROSOFT WON'T GIVE US A BACKGROUND MUSIC APP and I refuse to have my game screen reduced to the size of a postage stamp just to listen to music.

*sheds tear*
They're working on that, to be fair. The reason why it hasn't been done by now is because it was technically unfeasible when the Xbox One's System UI was based on Windows 8. Which I can buy on the merit that Windows 8 was crappy and clunky, among others.

Apparently with the NXOE, and the re-basing of the System UI on Windows 10, this is easier. But I'd like to know how this is so.
Nothing, because I can't figure out a way to play music and video games at the same time on my Xbox One the way I could on my Xbox 360... also, it won't let me download tracks from old Halo soundtrack CDs onto the console like I did on the 360, so...
Carly Rae Jepsen.
Halo soundtrack
Anything made by Jeff Williams, though mostly the RWBY soundtrack.
The RWBY soundtrack is killer. Also: The Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon, Protest the Hero, Porcupine Trees, Faith No More, Slipknot, Biggie, Ice Cube, DMX, Nine Inch Nails, Royce, Prhyme, AFI, Tool, Puscifer, The Mars Volta, Jack White etc.
None really
Antares, Blessthefall, Breakdown of Sanity, Call Us Forgotten, Cycles, Elitist, Emergence, Endvade, Erra, Exotype, Gemini Syndrome, Katatonia, Killswitch Engage, Landless, Mechina, Mentally Blind, Minds Like Mirrors, Novelists, Of Mice and Men, Pathways, Periphery, Ravenface, Sequence of Discord, Slipknot, Sybreed, System Divide, The Afterimage, The Constructor, The Healing, The New Age, The Raven Autarchy, Turn The Tide, Vildhjarta and Voices.

There are many more that rotate in and out of my regular playlist and I should mention that I am heavily mood-driven when it comes to music so there's quite a variety. As long as it's pretty much metal amirite? :D

Edit: Almost forgot Vildhjarta! :O
Mostly Halo soundtracks especially from Halo 4 and Halo 5 :)
I listen to Halo when I play Halo.

...What? It's True :/
Five finger death punch and Breaking Benjamin
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4