Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What ONE THING do you want for H5 matchmaking?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 43
Hey everyone! I'm kicking off a Question of the Week to get your input for Halo 5 matchmaking. I know we have hundreds of posts around Waypoint that cover all manner of wants and requests for playlists but I'm really curious what the ONE THING is you want more than anything else. It could be an entire playlist, a mode, map or an adjustment to existing offering. No cheating - I mean THE single one thing you want for Halo 5 matchmaking more than anything else.

So, what's the one thing you want more than anything else for Halo 5 matchmaking?
ske7ch wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm kicking off a Question of the Week to get your input for Halo 5 matchmaking. I know we have hundreds of posts around Waypoint that cover all manner of wants and requests for playlists but I'm really curious what the ONE THING is you want more than anything else. It could be an entire playlist, a mode, map or an adjustment to existing offering. No cheating - I mean THE single one thing you want for Halo 5 matchmaking more than anything else.

So, what's the one thing you want more than anything else for Halo 5 matchmaking?
I think that the one single thing that I would like is there to be fully fleshed out playlists for team snipers and fiesta. There have been previous playlists but those were only for a weekend and only contained few maps. I believe that adding Fiesta and team snipers playlists will add another layer of fun matchmaking opportunities for Arena. Thank you for reading :)

*Edit* 343 added this last week. Love the mode. Hope this stays permanent.
There are other things that I could say and things that I should say, and things that I would rather have. but right now all I'm thinking is the ordnance drop mechanic from halo 4. I feel like I'm gonna get hate from that comment for some reason but I kinda miss leveling up and calling in weapons. maybe that's why I like the req system. but 7 an ordnance system were added in a separate game type (so people can still have their fun with out it) I would really like to drop reqs from it
Permanent social playlists for Team Arena and Slayer.
That's super-tough; I'm split between team based matching and KOTH. I'll have to go with team based matching because it would make the game better for everyone across wz and arena. Teams vs Teams; Randoms vs Randoms unless there are no other matches available.
WARZONE TURBO!
Split the Area playlists. Have CTF, Strongholds, and Assault get their own ranked playlists. They don't even have to be ranked, just that they're there! That would also open the door to having modes like neutral flag that everyone loves!
Improved Join-in-progress so I don't end up joining a game just to see DEFEAT pasted across my screen.
This, This is right.
I would like warzone turbo to replace normal Warzone for 1 week every month!
I'd like to see some throwbacks (even though we have done a lot in which I'm thankful of) Like a mauler, flamethrower, sticky detonator, incinerary and spike grenades, focus rifle and other older weapons that have different functions and different ways to play.We could also make skins of weapons that don't change the way the weapon works, just the aesthetics. Like releasing a reskin of the brute plasma rifle which is the original, or a plasma repeater skin over of the storm rifle. Maybe some scapped weapons and vehicles too, or hornets and others to promote HW2. Throwback maps are great too, guardian and the pit would be gr8
A population counter would be EXTREMELY useful
no more maps like overgrowth, or molten.
Edit: and Tyrant...
a 4v4 forge map playlist, social or ranked. there are so many amazing and unique maps out there. Its unlimited free content that isnt being used
I would like more diversity for vehicles in BTB. I would like to see a Wasp in there sometime.
Improved Join-in-progress so I don't end up joining a game just to see DEFEAT pasted across my screen.
100% agree with this.
A lone wolves team slayer playlist. One that can only be joined by players who aren't in a fire team. I don't care if it's ranked or not.
Less Lag in Arena and Warzone. THAT's all i wish for.
Bring back the freaking Map Voting/Veto System Halo Reach had. It gives us players more freedom to choose what map and gametype we wanna play. Also whenever you can, please improve the UI so we can look at a person's stats like how we could in Halo 3 and Halo Reach. Another thing I want back is the Party Up System. I met so many good friends using that feature in Halo 3.

As for how I want the UI to be for Halo 5 like how it was in Halo Reach, this is a good example.
https://twitter.com/Gamecheat13
Am I the only person that would like for halo to bring back some of the abilities from halo reach. The armour lock, the hologram, and ect.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 43