Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What ONE THING do you want for H5 matchmaking?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 43
ske7ch wrote:
So, what's the one thing you want more than anything else for Halo 5 matchmaking?
The ability to live in Australia and get Arena/Warzone matches without having to play with "Extended" search preference.

But, I guess that's like wanting to have my cake and eat it too.
Here are my suggestions:
-Remove stat tracking in social playlists so players including me won't be frustrated over their K/D & W/L ratio
-KoTH & Oddball return please :)
-Add a filter system on fireteams so solo players won't deal with a organised team
-REAL Classic playlist maybe with the evolved settings
SUPER FIESTA PLZ!
The one thing I want would be social playlists, where you can just chill, have fun. Specifically, a social Slayer playlist, with FFA and multi team in the map rotation. This would help players 'warm-up' before switching to the competitive playlists and playing their best. Also, please have none of the hidden rank crap we saw in the other "social playlists." I personally didn't notice, but others were upset.

Other things I would like to see:
  1. Better support for servers (in other words, less lag.)
  2. Reach Style customization. Let me change up all my pieces of armor.
  3. Classic playlist with the Evolved settings and classic gamemodes (KOTH, Oddball).
  4. Permanent Team Snipers and Super Fiesta.
  5. Invasion in BTB (I know playable Elites aren't in Halo 5, but just Red/Blue Spartans will be fine.)
  6. Dominion from Halo 4. (On a side note, I'd like the future of Warzone to be Halo 4's dominion with the Warzone REQ weapons and vehicles)
  7. Map Vote System.
Thank you for listening, ske7ch!
1 flag ctf!
FIX WARZONE FIREFIGHT FOR -Yoinks!- SAKE. It's something you made months ago and yet you still haven't done anything to fix INVINCIBLE enemies! Currently a banshee raider can kill a spartan in approximately 0.5 seconds! And phantom side gunners are, to this day, impossible to kill! It's outrageous that a player who spent hours and hours earning his/hers first ever banshee got killed by an enemy that they physically cannot fight! Fix this stupid "feature" PLEASE!
Snipers and fiesta permanently.
More game types for arena, playing on three game types only is very stale. Improved searching for players (as an onyx I should not be matching anything less than diamond. Save the Golds for the Platinums, and the Bronzes for the Silvers. Also if Anyone beats a champ there rank should increase way more than what it does, your beating one of the top two hundred players in that playlist for crying out loud. Having less automatic weapons on maps would be greatly appreciated. Everything auto in Halo 5 is overpowered, so more precision weapons across all arena maps. Fix the thruster pack, if a thrust to dodge a melee. I expect just that to happen, instead they lunge the range of my thrust plus the range they already lunged. The melee locks on too much, if you go in any direction the person will lunge even if they weren't looking at you. This is an issue that gives me a lot of my deaths. The spartan charge and ground pound are also broken, the spartan charge locks on as well and something already that overpowered should never have that mechanic, an improvement if you decide to keep the lock on mechanic for noobs then I would like to suggest taking away the knock back from the charge. The spartan charge cancels an opponents melee and knocks them out of melee range as well as the player charging moving slightly back makes trading melees for an equal opportunity nonexistent. Same with ground pound, if I dodge a ground pound the explosion for the the player pounding should not reach the player obviously outside of the range of the ground pound. The knock back/up mechanic to this is also overboard. If you could bring back the pick up glitch that would be nice, that glitch took practice on getting the buttons right, I understand you want a bug free game, but Halo 2 was filled with button glitches and everyone seemed to like it, so if you could bring that skilled glitch back that would be appreciated. Im not asking for a voting system, but bringing Halo 3's veto system back would be appreciated. Sprint, your shields not recharging when you sprint is fine, but the moment when I sprint and get shot before the thruster kicks on to spartan charge someone..It stops the sprint, if my shields already don't recharge while I'm sprinting then there should be absolutely no stopping power. That right there makes it practically impossible to escape since the thruster already doesn't work. Better competitive settings, RADAR OFF! If you continue to choose to not give us any of precision weapon to start the game with then please take radar off! Another idea, instead of giving us a precision weapon to start with then, make it magnum only start. If you make it magnum start then you can keep your radar. Although I and many others still want it off. Improve the servers overall, they don't feel as clean as they used to, and they were pretty clean at one point, selectable server regions might help but I definitely recommend looking into that. More explanation on game types, bring back King of the hill, Oddball, and any other game type that used to be in competitions. If decide to use new game types in arena then bringing back Headhunter, One flag, Neutral flag, One bomb assault, even Two bomb assault, I know there are a few more that I can't think of right now, but I do know that Halo 5 and beyond need way more game types for Esports play and in general as well. If your going to release more maps I ask that they be symmetrical, asymmetrical maps really play to well in Halo 5 with the three game types we have. So again more game types...A LOT MORE. You could even make different slayer variants: BR Slayer, DMR Slayer, Carbine Slayer, you might not even need to touch up on weapons on the map with these game types. Back to the Magnum start, a way to make this work...simply make it pistol start, or tweek the pistol to be something similar to the one in the beta. The increased fire rate which causes the pistol to actually bloom. Instead of that animation on my reticule that lets me know im shooting. I know this topic is supposed to be about one change, and if these changes don't make it in Halo 5 PLEASE put them in Halo 6. Simplifying this into tags I'm asking for: Increase the skill gap, Improvements to matchmaking , Veto system, New game types, Symmetrical maps, and Fix mechanics. I think I listed them all, so there PLEASE SOME ONE FROM 343 READ THIS AND GIVE IT THOUGHT. I understand you only want one, but if you can do them all that would be so UNFREAKINGBELIEVEABLE!!!
I really want Warzone Turbo.
well i like to see a new band for people who quit arena matches that are ranked and if they do quit that game the rank for it should be disallow. cause your 3 v 4 now also if they quit enough times they should do an arena season band and no emblem for them. played with to many quitters once one quits rest ither teamkills to get the boot or suicides to get auto boot or turns controller off for auto boot. ps lv 9 req target locater from reach would be nice 🙂 maby achilies armor 1000000req points to buy or 100 bucks.
Improve matchmaking so people who don't live in north america can actually get a decent connection game. And nerf grenades
Less competitiveness, I want to play and have more fun without worrying about lowering rank
ske7ch wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm kicking off a Question of the Week to get your input for Halo 5 matchmaking. I know we have hundreds of posts around Waypoint that cover all manner of wants and requests for playlists but I'm really curious what the ONE THING is you want more than anything else. It could be an entire playlist, a mode, map or an adjustment to existing offering. No cheating - I mean THE single one thing you want for Halo 5 matchmaking more than anything else.

So, what's the one thing you want more than anything else for Halo 5 matchmaking?
Better servers so that everyone isn't being lagged out constantly
arena team snipers
solo queuing function, to prevent to4 going up against randoms would be good.
Permanent triple team will be bery good !
I would really like for the bullet miscount issue to be addressed. The link below is a clip I got last night accurately showing what is happening. When emptying your magazine, you are given a completely extra bullet from time to time. In this instance, I counted to my final shot, when I took aim at the enemy at the end of the clip, I missed, and thinking it was my last shot, waited for the Reload to begin. When it didn't reload, I knew the bug occurred and I took aim again and got the Last Shot kill. I just really want someone to address this and help maybe fix it. I have several clips of this occurring and even posted to the forums about it. Thanks

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BySnuSnu/video/24050372
I wish they could bring all playlists from every halo game that they don't have
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Remove Tank World.
Sounds like it's only me that likes Tank World then - seriously love it.

For me - and there are some excellent points above - the one thing I want more than anything else is WZ Turbo back. I wasn't able to play it when it was first out due to RL and it really sounds like I missed out. Even if it was in a rotation with Assault rather than permanent.

I would also settle for getting matched with some better teams for WZFF... and/or having a cap on the number of a certain type of vehicle on the map at once: I am bored to death of seeing 6 scorpions in Round 5 all completely unable to reach the target enemies - it's neither smart, nor fun.
Well said about FF.

However it would appear that you are one of the few who actually likes Tank World lmao
To quote Radiohead: "But I'm a creep, I'm a wierdo, What the hell am i doing here, I don't belong here."

Seriously though: love it. It's an experience you get all too infrequently in games normally because even if it's Scorpion vs Scorpion it's usually unabalanced because one side has power weapons in play or a ghost, etc. Just found it a refreshing experience and a really good way of practicing your tank skills
I love Tank World too.
Sadly, all the teammates and/or opponents who quit really spoil the experience.
I'm not alone! *runs in slow motion in a skipping fashion through a meadow filled with flowers towards tAlKtOtHeHaNd69*
*dramatic yet sad music plays in the background as an ONI Scorpion slowly parks up behind me*
All I want from matchmaking is for the original Breakout to come back. We miss it. All of my friends miss it. It's what we played all the time and now it is gone.
:(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 43