Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What ONE THING do you want for H5 matchmaking?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 43
PERMANENT PLAYLIST. Don't get me wrong I think the weekly playlist are cool but they would be better if they were their to stay forever. especially when they were permanent in other halo games. I feel like more permanent social playlist would help the game in many ways and give players a refresh on what to do in halo 5.
The flood.
PERMANENT PLAYLIST. Don't get me wrong I think the weekly playlist are cool but they would be better if they were their to stay forever. especially when they were permanent in other halo games. I feel like more permanent social playlist would help the game in many ways and give players a refresh on what to do in halo 5.
Improved Join-in-progress so I don't end up joining a game just to see DEFEAT pasted across my screen.
That's super-tough; I'm split between team based matching and KOTH. I'll have to go with team based matching because it would make the game better for everyone across wz and arena. Teams vs Teams; Randoms vs Randoms unless there are no other matches available.
I can't narrow down these two. JIP, Team based matchmaking.
Fewer randoms facing teams means fewer farming or curb stomp matches which means fewer people quitting out of fear or lack of enjoyment of those matches which likely means fewer JIP slots.
Yes this makes a lot of sense!
ske7ch wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm kicking off a Question of the Week to get your input for Halo 5 matchmaking. I know we have hundreds of posts around Waypoint that cover all manner of wants and requests for playlists but I'm really curious what the ONE THING is you want more than anything else. It could be an entire playlist, a mode, map or an adjustment to existing offering. No cheating - I mean THE single one thing you want for Halo 5 matchmaking more than anything else.

So, what's the one thing you want more than anything else for Halo 5 matchmaking?
PERMANENT PLAYLISTS,SOCIAL AND RANKED and update current playlists too.This is an issue that has plagued halo 5 since launch and to some degree that still exists.Add social snipers on arena maps only and make it perm,if you add shotty snipers with mythic shottys as game variant,make it perm,super fiesta etc.The last thing halo 5 needs since launch,is more temporary playlists,even if the population is lower than previous halos at/after launch(this is the truth sketch)just leave the playlist there and let people play them when they want to.Not everyone is gonna play halo 24/7.Update existing playlists like infection,team arena,slayer,swat,action sack,BTB with more 2+ game variants and maps(please for the love of god remove breakout rounds from AS and replace it with respawn modes and return breakout to the old breakout with all the 9+ community maps it had).Also you can make swat social since its not a competitive social and most people treat it as social.Have team objective replace it.A permanent halo 5 classic Evolved playlists tailored to halo 5 map design: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14157-halo-5-evolved-settingsdetails-v2-update/ (just reach out to them here on beyond sketch,they will be happy to oblige:)
Also Vetoed just made a google doc with some changes so feel free to check em out as well here: https://twitter.com/Vetoed/status/803283187791171588?lang=sv <Halo 3 on halo wiki showing some core halo modes: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_3 <Halo 2 big team battle gametypes(Needed badly for h5 since we have been stuck with 3 since last year): http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Team_BattleI posted this recently in the link below,a halo fan recently made a teaser of what Halo 5's lobby could have looked like and maybe how halo 6 lobby could look like.Credit goes to him of course: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f9237adeaf1742c09de144d7bf3f7507/topics/what-halo-5-s-pre-game-lobby-halo-6-could-be-like/7d83ec65-3505-41b6-828f-6ca7002446bf/posts?page=1
Map and game type voting. Game type voting for team arena and BTB playlists (and any other playlists that may have multiple game types), as they currently have multiple game types with random selection of map and game type- this sometimes leads to a spree of mainly, or even nothing but, a single game type e.g. strongholds, which can be very annoying- hence bring back game type voting. And if only one of these is possible then game type voting takes priority in my opinion.
Bungie to come back and start making halo again. Haha, had to draw the hate crowd. Would be nice to have the customization of armor and emblems and colors like we had in reach
ske7ch wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm kicking off a Question of the Week to get your input for Halo 5 matchmaking. I know we have hundreds of posts around Waypoint that cover all manner of wants and requests for playlists but I'm really curious what the ONE THING is you want more than anything else. It could be an entire playlist, a mode, map or an adjustment to existing offering. No cheating - I mean THE single one thing you want for Halo 5 matchmaking more than anything else.

So, what's the one thing you want more than anything else for Halo 5 matchmaking?
Permanent Social slayer with party restrictions. If you add this then there will be virtually no more smurfing problems.
More then anything, splitscreen. Halo nights were the best with all your buddies or even a loved one. It is the reason Halo has gotten this far.
I would love to see some more varients of weapons in arena maps a fix to parts of Big Team Battle maps and modes. original breakout (even if unranked) and permanent superfiesta and snipers other than that the arena is a stable mode and a fun one with a large group of friends
ske7ch wrote:

I'm currently satisfied with what's on offer playlist-wise.

However, the one thing that I would love to be added to Halo 5, above all else, is: Bayonet assassinations!

If 343 decided to add those, I'd be like....
Nerf the AR.
I would like an objective specific playlist. Team arena gives me slayer more than anything else.
Customization like Reach or Halo 4... and better physics for the vehicles.
Single most thing I would like?

RACE.

Some other things I would like to see?
  • Elites in MP
  • Invasion game mode
  • Better UI
  • Armor menu easier to go through (its a nightmare scrolling through all of them to get to one)
  • Black undersuit
  • Emblem customization (like the old days)
  • Active roster in MP screen (to see the gamertags on who is playing in that match)
  • More 343i made maps (too many forge ones being used, and I love forge maps)
  • Brute Chopper and spiker returning (Halo Wars 2 is coming anyway, so it'll work)
  • AN EXCLUSIVE EMBLEM FOR THE BEST HALO YOUTUBE CHANNEL, THE HALO COLLECTIVE!
I'm sure there are more but yea, that's my list.
Ugh just one? Why so little choices?
I would say instead of the current action sack playlist, which is basically custom games, that you redo action sack to have Snipers, Fiesta (and Super fiesta), Ricochet, shorty Snipers (and mythic). Games like that that can have fun without as many people in your party.
More permanent playlists and game modes, either social or ranked. Definitely would like to see multi-team, triple multi-team, snipers, KOTH, CE Anniversary and other classic playlists added permanently.
Oddball. Why do I even have to be asking for a gamemode that's been in every main game since CE to be put into matchmaking?
a permanent Social Slayer playlist.
HC Lasky wrote:
Single most thing I would like?

RACE.

Some other things I would like to see?
  • Elites in MP
  • Invasion game mode
  • Better UI
  • Armor menu easier to go through (its a nightmare scrolling through all of them to get to one)
  • Black undersuit
  • Emblem customization (like the old days)
  • Active roster in MP screen (to see the gamertags on who is playing in that match)
  • More 343i made maps (too many forge ones being used, and I love forge maps)
  • Brute Chopper and spiker returning (Halo Wars 2 is coming anyway, so it'll work)
Im sure there more but yea, that's my list.
Better UI and better armour menus are the same thing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 43