Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What ONE THING do you want for H5 matchmaking?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 32
  4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. ...
  9. 43
A Social Slayer playlist.
I would like breakout to be changed back to the way it was at lanch. I personally like how it was before and when it was refreshed it was so drastically different I dropped it all together. So a breakout refreshe to refreshe the refreshe. Breakout was one of my favorite game types up until then.
The ability to play a Warzone match solo.
Cannot find a match, unless i'm paired up with at least one other.
If you could add a market where you can buy specific power weapons with req points instead of just using them on only reqs. I get the point of them. But if I wanted to buy more Blood of Subans. I can't and I think that's just a luck of the draw kind of thing which is insane, especially when you get more and more weapons.
Obviously it can be expensive, but it would be amazing!
req points for custom games, especially with the new browser.
I want the Halo 2 BR pls.
Nah, I'd like Elite's too make a come back.
I haven´t had the chance to play yet but this loks like a fantastic update! I wish this would´ve been in much sooner after launch to retain population. But thanks 343 for working hard on this, I understand that there is a lot of work behind this update. The one thing I particularly miss though, is the one thing I have been primarily complaining about since launch, server/networking updates. I see nothing mentioned in the release notes about that. Content is there now, great stuff, but server performance has been lacking and if it doesn´t play well content is not so important. Please shed some light on this topic going forward in the next community update, a lot of us are waitng for some kind of feedback after the minor update you did recently to collect more data from games played.
3vs3vs3
I want;
Voices of War to be available to Europeans too and not just English countries.
ske7ch wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm kicking off a Question of the Week to get your input for Halo 5 matchmaking. I know we have hundreds of posts around Waypoint that cover all manner of wants and requests for playlists but I'm really curious what the ONE THING is you want more than anything else. It could be an entire playlist, a mode, map or an adjustment to existing offering. No cheating - I mean THE single one thing you want for Halo 5 matchmaking more than anything else.

So, what's the one thing you want more than anything else for Halo 5 matchmaking?
Could you try to fix the Swat spawns a little bit. I got used to this but it gets annoying when I spawn in after a death just to see someone across the corridor and he shoots me and i die again. In gold it's ok but in platinum and higher...that is just a nightmare. So if you could tweak the spawns just a little bit, i would be so happy :)
Change griffball back. I can't believe you guys managed to break griffball. Everything else in the update I loved.
I Zinger I wrote:
12 man fire teams in warzone; I understand that playing solo war zone can be frustrating, but why take away large parties though. This could have been fixed with a seperate playlist like mercenary wz. If this isn't fixed Ill never buy another halo product and will sell my xbox for a ps4.
Entitled much? The community update said it is a temporary change in order to collect data. They even admitted it's an ugly change, but it's a necessary change done in the hope that what comes afterward will be far better. They're trying to make the game more enjoyable for everyone...not just the coordinated try-hards and E-Sports Pros. Just take a break from Warzone for a bit. It's not a big deal. There are plenty of other playlists, and more importantly, there's more to life than Halo. There are many of us in the community who have had to go without our favorite game modes (or improvements to them) for months because other game modes took a higher priority (**COUGH**Warzone**COUGH**Forge**COUGH**). Just be glad that 343i wants to make Warzone better, take this "inconvenience" in stride, and let 343i do their jobs.
I Zinger I wrote:
12 man fire teams in warzone; I understand that playing solo war zone can be frustrating, but why take away large parties though. This could have been fixed with a seperate playlist like mercenary wz. If this isn't fixed Ill never buy another halo product and will sell my xbox for a ps4.
Entitled much? The community update said it is a temporary change in order to collect data. They even admitted it's an ugly change, but it's a necessary change done in the hope that what comes afterward will be far better. They're trying to make the game more enjoyable for everyone...not just the coordinated try-hards and E-Sports Pros. Just take a break from Warzone for a bit. It's not a big deal. There are plenty of other playlists, and more importantly, there's more to life than Halo. There are many of us in the community who have had to go without our favorite game modes (or improvements to them) for months because other game modes took a higher priority (**COUGH**Warzone**COUGH**Forge**COUGH**). Just be glad that 343i wants to make Warzone better, take this "inconvenience" in stride, and let 343i do their jobs.
Your right that why took that approach to wza 6 months ago; I gave 343 a chance to fix they didnt; they didnt even update the community on what was going on. If the company i work at was ran its business like that people would stop buying our products I am about to do the same for 343i products as well as xbox products; forums dont mean anything but my wallet will.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Joining a game in Warzone down by 200 and the spawning outside of your base to get snipped out or shot from all directions.
I Zinger I wrote:
I Zinger I wrote:
Your right that why took that approach to wza 6 months ago; I gave 343 a chance to fix they didnt; they didnt even update the community on what was going on. If the company i work at was ran its business like that people would stop buying our products I am about to do the same for 343i products as well as xbox products; forums dont mean anything but my wallet will.
Look, man. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who has loved Firefight since it was introduced in H3:ODST. The game mode was present at launch in Reach and again in H4 (Spartan Ops was basically story-driven Firefight). It's been a staple of my Halo-playing-life, and that of my wife as well. Halo 5 came along and there was no FF. We waited 8 months to get it...and when we finally did, it was severely broken. The Official Warzone Firefight Feedback Thread started by 343i grew to 202 pages of feedback, and in all of that, there was only ever one response from 343i. They noted that the thread was being unpinned. Don't you think the fans of FF were furious? Skim those 202 pages, and you'll certainly see we were. Six months later, here we are on the other side of the Monitor's Bounty update....and you know what? 343i listened to us. They may not have been great about telling us they were listening, but listen they did. Give them a chance. Coming from someone who was extremely disgruntled with their handling of the Halo property thus far, they deserve your trust and patience.
I Zinger I wrote:
I Zinger I wrote:
Look, man. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who has loved Firefight since it was introduced in H3:ODST. The game mode was present at launch in Reach and again in H4 (Spartan Ops was basically story-driven Firefight). It's been a staple of my Halo-playing-life, and that of my wife as well. Halo 5 came along at there was no FF. We waited 8 months to get it...and when we finally did, it was severely broken. The Official Warzone Firefight Feedback Thread started by 343i grew to 202 pages of feedback, and in all of that, there was only ever one response from 343i. They noted that the thread was being unpinned. Don't you think the fans of FF were furious? Skim those 202 pages, and you'll certainly see we were. Six months later, here we are on the other side of the Monitor's Bounty update....and you know what? 343i listened to us. They may not have been great about telling us they were listening, but listen they did. Give them a chance. Coming from someone who was extremely disgruntled with their handling of the Halo property thus far, they deserve your trust and patience.
you would have a point if FF was in then game at launch and then they changed it negatively but that inst the case here. WZ has been in the game sense start and now they are putting a bandaid over a gushing wound generated from terrible matching algorithms. these solo players complain about matching teams but what they dont realize is that team is probably in a party chat trying to match another team. IF they dont match each other team they cored the randoms and moved on to try and re match. 12 v 12 isnt the issue here is understanding of a game type and the meta. The true solution would have been to add a small team playlist separate to the normal wz playlist; this would be a great place for solo players to learn the game and strategies while still building a competitive 12 man battle field.
You made my wish come true. Social snipers is permanent. I love you guys
ske7ch wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm kicking off a Question of the Week to get your input for Halo 5 matchmaking. I know we have hundreds of posts around Waypoint that cover all manner of wants and requests for playlists but I'm really curious what the ONE THING is you want more than anything else. It could be an entire playlist, a mode, map or an adjustment to existing offering. No cheating - I mean THE single one thing you want for Halo 5 matchmaking more than anything else.

So, what's the one thing you want more than anything else for Halo 5 matchmaking?
Permanent bans for the season for anyone who quits in arena more than 3 times in a season. More than half of my games of 3v4's
I Zinger I wrote:
I Zinger I wrote:
I Zinger I wrote:
Look, man. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who has loved Firefight since it was introduced in H3:ODST. The game mode was present at launch in Reach and again in H4 (Spartan Ops was basically story-driven Firefight). It's been a staple of my Halo-playing-life, and that of my wife as well. Halo 5 came along at there was no FF. We waited 8 months to get it...and when we finally did, it was severely broken. The Official Warzone Firefight Feedback Thread started by 343i grew to 202 pages of feedback, and in all of that, there was only ever one response from 343i. They noted that the thread was being unpinned. Don't you think the fans of FF were furious? Skim those 202 pages, and you'll certainly see we were. Six months later, here we are on the other side of the Monitor's Bounty update....and you know what? 343i listened to us. They may not have been great about telling us they were listening, but listen they did. Give them a chance. Coming from someone who was extremely disgruntled with their handling of the Halo property thus far, they deserve your trust and patience.
you would have a point if FF was in then game at launch and then they changed it negatively but that inst the case here. WZ has been in the game sense start and now they are putting a bandaid over a gushing wound generated from terrible matching algorithms. these solo players complain about matching teams but what they dont realize is that team is probably in a party chat trying to match another team. IF they dont match each other team they cored the randoms and moved on to try and re match. 12 v 12 isnt the issue here is understanding of a game type and the meta. The true solution would have been to add a small team playlist separate to the normal wz playlist; this would be a great place for solo players to learn the game and strategies while still building a competitive 12 man battle field.
You act as if my point is made invalid because FF isn't WZ. False. If anything, my point is made more poignant by the fact that FF was MIA for 8 months and then broken beyond recognition for another 6 months beyond that.
Take what you said for example: "...if FF was in then game at launch and then they changed it negatively..."
Let's break that down, as applied to FF. Firefight was "changed...negatively" in that it didn't exist. As far as PvE content went, Warzone was its replacement for eight months. Considering the formula for FF we were accustomed to, WZ was a negative change. Fast forward eight months to when FF actually was released. Again, I'd say it qualified for the "changed...negatively" portion of your comment in that it was round and objective-based gameplay with a higher difficulty than any of its predecessors and a heavy dependence upon REQs. Its gameplay was far more punishing than it was rewarding. None of us in the FF fan community found this new iteration of FF to be very positive.
So please don't try to dismiss my point because I'm not specifically talking about your beloved Warzone. My analogy of FF fits just fine. And the silliest part of all of this is that my perspective, as gained through experience with the FF debacle, puts me in a position to commiserate with you because I've been there. However, you're unwilling to accept advice or encouragement because you'd rather play the pity game and pretend that everyone else's problems pale in comparison to your own. That's an incredibly selfish, naive, and immature way to view things.
You'll live.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 32
  4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. ...
  9. 43