Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What's the point of the AR, BR and the DMR?

OP Winters Anxiety

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Making another thread about this was unnecessary
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame and attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Anubis OFA wrote:
Making another thread about this was unnecessary
sue me kid. I'll take you silver rank under consideration.
and i still didn't help but notice you didn;t even try to answer or be somewhat constructive at all.. that's... suspicious
I posted in your other thread about how the Magnum should be a 6-shot kill and you quoted it and agreed

Also not sure what my forum rank has to do with anything
Go post in the other thread. Also all of those guns are better than the pistol honestly. It's wonky af.
AR and DMR you could make a case for, as I don't find the DMR particularly compelling anymore, but to say the BR doesn't outclass the pistol is probably the ridiculous statement you could make about the H5 BR. Is the pistol excellent? Yes, by all means. Close range you may be able to win out, but mid to long range, there's not a lot of competition, especially if it's head to head and not somebody getting a jump on the other player.

Say what you want (And claim rank if you think it really matters) but I don't have any problem using the BR against pretty much every weapon in this game.

The pistol is fantastic, yes. But weapons like the light rifle, carbine, BR, SMG, and other weapons can easily take out a pistol player if used correctly. It's all about the player and how they work with weapons they use. Don't complain, just use the weapon in all its glory and enjoy the game.
Go post in the other thread. Also all of those guns are better than the pistol honestly. It's wonky af.
the pistol is literally right under,, right under the other three rifles. by mere %'s thats not OKAY for a PISTIOL
I agree, the pistol idoes not fit Halo's game mechanics.
this is a pistol sraight out og call of duty. anyone for this pistol should sell halo and play COD, where they belong
The Battle Rifle will outclass the Magnum any day, any time.
As for the AR and DMR, I wouldn't really know, I barely touch them.

I enjoy the magnum in this game as opposed to previous games, it actually has a purpose. It's a real side arm.
The magnum in Halo 2 and 3 were practically useless. It will never go above the BR though.

As for a real answer though, each weapon has it's respective role.

The Assault rifle is supposed to be used for close quarter combat.
The DMR is more equipped for long to medium ranged combat, but I find it more suited for long range.
The BR, the holy grail of all Halo weapons, is suited more towards medium to long range combat, more medium range however.

The AR fires an array of projectiles in a spray pattern, making it ideal for close encounters.
The BR fires three projectiles per burst, making it more ideal for medium gun fights.
The DMR fires a single precision round, making it ideal for long range gun fights.

I've never been one for weapon roles, as I've always used just the BR since Halo 2.
I use the BR for close, medium, and long range and 80% of the time will always take down who I'm trying to.
If I'm in a battle with an AR, Magnum, DMR, or another BR...if I have the BR, I'm more than likely going to win.
See no one can answer me the questions to prove that the pistol isn't over powered. But heres the issues. the pistol can in a lot of cases win a deal vs those three rifles and all the people standing up for this won't give reason. leading me to believe there is no reason and they just want an overpowered starting weapon.

So please Halo "pros" what's the point of the other rifles when the pistol can do so good?? let's see if you actually answer this time
Because each of those weapons has a faster TTK than the pistol if all shots land on target as headshots. The pistol isnt necessarily better than any of those weapons, its simply competative and gives you a fighting chance if you are accurate. It also keeps one team from grabbing all of the BRs and DMRs on a map and just owning the other team.
I agree, the pistol idoes not fit Halo's game mechanics.
this is a pistol sraight out og call of duty. anyone for this pistol should sell halo and play COD, where they belong
Did you play halo CE? The multiplayer of this game was BUILT on a powerful pistol. Not to mention that COD is built on automatic weapons. Nobody uses precision weapons in COD.
See no one can answer me the questions to prove that the pistol isn't over powered. But heres the issues. the pistol can in a lot of cases win a deal vs those three rifles and all the people standing up for this won't give reason. leading me to believe there is no reason and they just want an overpowered starting weapon.
So please Halo "pros" what's the point of the other rifles when the pistol can do so good?? let's see if you actually answer this time
Full team of BR users, versus full team of Magnum users... BRs win (skill removed as a variable)
If I have to explain this to you, it means you don't get it, and probably never will. But anyways...

Magnum is best used at short range
BR is best used at mid range
DMR is best used at long range

*A weapon is capable of hitting at ranges that exceed its purpose, but its usually more difficult to land shots.

**As long as any weapon is capable of a specific range, it is usually just as useful at shorter ranges than its max. Hence, why is a sniper is deadly at range, but at its best when used at long range, even more so against players without ranged weapons.

The Magnums intent, is create a intermediate weapon in the sandbox as compared to previous Halo Titles. The H5 magnum is not the useless H3 Magnum which served zero purpose in actual games because it wasn't a viable weapon, but its also not the power weapon it was in Halo CE. Instead, they've create a magnum that can keep you alive on spawn, but that will be traded upon finding a better skill weapon.

The AR cannot be compared to the magnum. The AR is for very short ranged encounters, and can still be contested by by skill weapons at that range. However, the more powerful close range weapons easily out duel skip weapons in close quarters.
the pistol is literally right under,, right under the other three rifles. by mere %'s thats not OKAY for a PISTIOL
You spawn with the weapon and there is a limited number of BRs and DMRs on the map... you are honestly clowning and you should discuss your pistol problems in one of the million other threads on this topic.
Uoox wrote:
Full team of BR users, versus full team of Magnum users... BRs win (skill removed as a variable)
If I have to explain this to you, it means you don't get it, and probably never will. But anyways...

Magnum is best used at short range
BR is best used at mid range
DMR is best used at long range

*A weapon is capable of hitting at ranges that exceed its purpose, but its usually more difficult to land shots.

**As long as any weapon is capable of a specific range, it is usually just as useful at shorter ranges than its max. Hence, why is a sniper is deadly at range, but at its best when used at long range, even more so against players without ranged weapons.

The Magnums intent, is create a intermediate weapon in the sandbox as compared to previous Halo Titles. The H5 magnum is not the useless H3 Magnum which served zero purpose in actual games because it wasn't a viable weapon, but its also not the power weapon it was in Halo CE. Instead, they've create a magnum that can keep you alive on spawn, but that will be traded upon finding a better skill weapon.

The AR cannot be compared to the magnum. The AR is for very short ranged encounters, and can still be contested by by skill weapons at that range. However, the more powerful close range weapons easily out duel skip weapons in close quarters.
there is a pretty decent explanation too.
Quote:
You spawn with the weapon and there is a limited number of BRs and DMRs on the map...
Exactly, some players feel comfortable struggling for trades with the magnum, but I will usually avoid all conflict until I can find a real weapon. I would agree with you that the magnum was OP if I thought it was, but I still feel that the Halo 5 Arena and Slayer experience is 50% searching for a BR, DMR, or anything that can get you more than one kill without dying.
This more of a Br vs Dmr but what they made the Dmr weak on body shots but rewarding on head shots?
The AR is better for short range combat, the Battle Rifle is best for basically everything, and the DMR is best for long range and Mid range.
I wouldn't trash talk the halo 5 magnum. My friend did that and he said a floating magnum came into his room late at night and pistol whipped him in the mouth. The magnum is love, the magnum is life.
It's pretty crazy how easy it is to win with AR. If you miss any shots with pistol you'll lose. At range pistols good but takes a huge amount of skill to hit a perfect.

This game is the most "balanced" halo game that's been created.

Ya, that means that no gun really stands out. But that's fine...and I think how it should be.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4