Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What's wrong with the tactical magnum

OP CrashingMoney65

I have never seen a pro in hcs pick up a tac magnum.i also never see any high level players picking it up eg champs. why is this d they have a different ttk or something
It's no different from the regular magnum except for the silencer and the scope. Which is largely unnecessary for players that good.
It's no different from the regular magnum except for the silencer and the scope. Which is largely unnecessary for players that good.
its got a tighter crosshair which means better accuracy so why wouldnt they use it
its got a tighter crosshair which means better accuracy so why wouldnt they use it
Probably makes zero difference for them
I don’t think this is correct. Can you provide a source?

Either way, it’s not much better than a regular Magnum, so it ends up wasting time and taking focus away from more important things.
tuhin94 wrote:

Either way, it’s not much better than a regular Magnum, so it ends up wasting time and taking focus away from more important things.
https://youtu.be/fYPJqFHilUg shows each magnum
tuhin94 wrote:

What am I supposed to be looking at here? It's a 6-minute video and I don't particularly want to scour through it to find a 2-second clip containing the relevant stuff. In case you are referring to the zoom feature, that's again not worth spending an extra couple of seconds swapping out a weapon for. Arena maps are small enough where the default Magnum has enough range to cover the map. At least, these are my thoughts on why it wouldn't be beneficial to swap for a Tac Mag.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

What am I supposed to be looking at here? It's a 6-minute video and I don't particularly want to scour through it to find a 2-second clip containing the relevant stuff. In case you are referring to the zoom feature, that's again not worth spending an extra couple of seconds swapping out a weapon for. Arena maps are small enough where the default Magnum has enough range to cover the map. At least, these are my thoughts on why I wouldn't swap for a Tac Mag. I'm
less recoil
FWIW, i watch the pro "Saiyan" fairly regularly on Twitch, and he frequently uses the tac mag.

Admittedly, this is just a single data point, and he's certainly not navigating the map to pick it up like a power weapon. but when it's there, he grabs it and uses it.

Been a very long time since a real HCS H5 pro tourney, so i don't know if he'd still use it in that level of play.
The tactical magnum honestly just feels weird. I find it to be a weird cousin to the regular magnum.
Nothing really, I don’t see a point picking up another Magnum when I spawn with one
Nothing really, I don’t see a point picking up another Magnum when I spawn with one
WHAT ABOUT ON LARGER MAPS EG FISHER WHERE YOU WANT TO Cross map sorry for caps
Again, pros and high-level players likely have no need for the Tactical Magnum in any circumstance because they are just that good. There's really nothing more to it than that. I'm sure they would pick it up if they felt it was necessary, but most Arena maps aren't so big that the regular Magnum can't get the job done.
i like the gunfighter magnum