Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] What should 343 do about quitters?

OP Janfles

So yeah basically that's all I want to know, opinions about what they should do. I mean, I don't have a problem when a team member is doing 0 and 10 so she decides to quit, but come on, I get team members quitting because we are 10 points bellow and they are doing fine, say 4 and 6, which is ok!!!! (hang on bro!!) but they just quit because they are afraid to lose and lose the rank.

In some posts before I have proposed to 343 to implement an option in the menu that sends a request the other team (the one with still 4 members on it) to terminate the game resulting in a victory for them, but avoiding the tedious experience to everyone of losing time when is an assured loss anyways. Of course, this is an option that will be activated only for the minority team after a member quits, if they are loosing horribly, they have now the choice to request a termination of the match. But is a choice, if they are winning on a 3v4, they may opt to finish the game normally and take the win.

I tremendously hate to wait 8 minutes or so, getting killed 20 times because my team members quit.

I would like to know any other ideas out there what do you think?
If you don't like being the only player left on your team I don't think anyone would fault you for dropping out of the game.
If you don't like being the only player left on your team I don't think anyone would fault you for dropping out of the game.
true, I think the same way actually, but then, I have to take a ban unnecessarily.
I try to never quit, even if I am getting killed. It was very rare, but once all of my bad teammates quit and ones that were a lot better joined in and we wound up coming back. Even if no one joins, I try to stay anyway. Earlier today I lost a 3v8 game of big team slayer 100 to 12. Super infuriating but I stuck it out.
I try to never quit, even if I am getting killed. It was very rare, but once all of my bad teammates quit and ones that were a lot better joined in and we wound up coming back. Even if no one joins, I try to stay anyway. Earlier today I lost a 3v8 game of big team slayer 100 to 12. Super infuriating but I stuck it out.
I do that too, just for the sake of the game, and to avoid the ban, but sometimes I just don't have the time. Sometimes, I can only play for one hour, that's about six games of slayer, and less games of big team, so I have to lose time I don't have, when all I want to do is to have fun (winning or loosing properly) for that limited amount of time.
Vote to surrender in the in-game start menu, it could be taken advantage of by trolls but then again it might not.
Vote to surrender in the in-game start menu, it could be taken advantage of by trolls but then again it might not.
good point. But if it activates only when a team member quits i don't think that would happen that much, so is a very good idea.
Janfles wrote:
So yeah basically that's all I want to know, opinions about what they should do. I mean, I don't have a problem when a team member is doing 0 and 10 so she decides to quit, but come on, I get team members quitting because we are 10 points bellow and they are doing fine, say 4 and 6, which is ok!!!! (hang on bro!!) but they just quit because they are afraid to lose and lose the rank.

In some posts before I have proposed to 343 to implement an option in the menu that sends a request the other team (the one with still 4 members on it) to terminate the game resulting in a victory for them, but avoiding the tedious experience to everyone of losing time when is an assured loss anyways. Of course, this is an option that will be activated only for the minority team after a member quits, if they are loosing horribly, they have now the choice to request a termination of the match. But is a choice, if they are winning on a 3v4, they may opt to finish the game normally and take the win.

I tremendously hate to wait 8 minutes or so, getting killed 20 times because my team members quit.

Well OP a change was made last week where you will not be penalized, banhammer wise if you quit AFTER a teammate quits in ranked games. For details head over to the matchmaking forum and Dr. Josh Menke's posts.
Janfles wrote:

Well OP a change was made last week where you will not be penalized, banhammer wise if you quit AFTER a teammate quits in ranked games. For details head over to the matchmaking forum and Dr. Josh Menke's posts.
could you provide a link, I am pretty sure I was banned today for quitting games after a team mate quit.
Janfles wrote:
Janfles wrote:
could you provide a link, I am pretty sure I was banned today for quitting games after a team mate quit.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%E2%80%93-may-1/3eef65b3-141f-44a7-8622-dd3d107130f3/posts
They should destroy the pitiful maggots! OR drop their rank a whole tier! That'd be fun right?
Janfles wrote:
Janfles wrote:

I've confirmed you can definitely quit without penalty once another teammate leaves. I'd be banned for life otherwise lol.
I think a choice to forfeit might backfire since most people who are losing might just forfeit before the game even lasts a few minutes due to them being concerned that the opposing team is too good for them. The balancing system needs to be looked into the game, has a habit of failing to load for players, randomly dropping in the middle of the game. If they had a 'vote to forfeit' option then it only should be a valid option if a majority of the opposing or the players team is either quit or dropped connection.
ronnie42 wrote:
I think a choice to forfeit might backfire since most people who are losing might just forfeit before the game even lasts a few minutes due to them being concerned that the opposing team is too good for them. The balancing system needs to be looked into the game, has a habit of failing to load for players, randomly dropping in the middle of the game. If they had a 'vote to forfeit' option then it only should be a valid option if a majority of the opposing or the players team is either quit or dropped connection.
Good point.
Try to get them to receive less xp the next match or more if they quit because they are afraid of losing it.
Nothing will change for H5. There is pretty much no deterrant for quitting. So why not? You have nothing to lose. ( i dont condone quitting)

H3 nailed it. Quit, you simply lose 1exp. Now you have to win a game just to break even with what you had before you quit. Thus essentially wasting your own time in a 6-15 min game just to earn back what you previously had. I would never quit because it just puts you that further behind that precious exp climb.

Simple yet effective.
This has all been discussed before in every other Halo. I believe the system currently in place is enough. You can't stop people from quitting if they want to. Period.
Nothing will change for H5. There is pretty much no deterrant for quitting. So why not? You have nothing to lose. ( i dont condone quitting)

H3 nailed it. Quit, you simply lose 1exp. Now you have to win a game just to break even with what you had before you quit. Thus essentially wasting your own time in a 6-15 min game just to earn back what you previously had. I would never quit because it just puts you that further behind that precious exp climb.

Simple yet effective.
Also this.
Try to get them to receive less xp the next match or more if they quit because they are afraid of losing it.
Please don't revive old topics thanks