Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What should happen with Fireteam Osiris?

OP Limeshake

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I want to know what y'all think about Fireteam Osiris, what do you think should happen with each one, should they just die, get more personality, or go off somewhere like Lord Hood and Half Jaw? I personally think Buck's fine, maybe make him a little more like himself in ODST, Locke and Tanaka should be given more character and personality so most people will actually care about them, and Vale, she should meet her fate by Atriox or die off in anyway, she's just, I don't know, irritating to me at least, its like they attempted to make a nicer and slightly different Dare but failed miserably, I would think Romeo would be a good replacement, since he already has a backstory and is already a pretty good character, unless they ruin him. Who do you guys think 343i should improve, kill, or just send off?
I think they should just go away, to be honest more Master Chief is needed.
Work on improving all of them. They all have potential, with Locke's ONI background, Vale's studies in Sangheili culture, Tanaka's history with the glassing of Minab, and Buck's previously established tenure as an ODST. 343 just needs to use this potential. We got little bits and pieces in Halo 5, but not enough for it to really feel meaningful.
Work on improving all of them. They all have potential, with Locke's ONI background, Vale's studies in Sangheili culture, Tanaka's history with the glassing of Minab, and Buck's previously established tenure as an ODST. 343 just needs to use this potential. We got little bits and pieces in Halo 5, but not enough for it to really feel meaningful.
I actually completely agree with this, they could've made Halo 5 great if they expanded on the characters, well actually it could've been great if they did that and split it 50/50 with Chief and Locke like H2 with Chief and Arbiter, but they decided to split it so Locke got 4x the missions Chief had.
This, halo 5 lacked character development big time to me, I wasn't even bothered by the fact they took more screen time than Blue team (plus I think people need to get over the obsession of chief at this point).

Vale intrigues me the most but that's because of outside media, the thing 343 needs to fix cause people shouldn't have to rely on It to better understand things IN GAME!!
This, halo 5 lacked character development big time to me, I wasn't even bothered by the fact they took more screen time than Blue team (plus I think people need to get over the obsession of chief at this point).

Vale intrigues me the most but that's because of outside media, the thing 343 needs to fix cause people shouldn't have to rely on It to better understand things IN GAME!!
True, I personally read some of the outside material but most people don't bother with it.
All of them except for buck should be shoved into a meat grinder
Haha, just kidding. I think that in Halo 6, you should primarily be chief and blue team, but Osiris still should have a role in the story
Limeshake wrote:

True, I personally read some of the outside material but most people don't bother with it.
Yeah, they should improve on the characters in game. I don't want to read a bunch of freaking books just to learn about characters I barely like
All of them except for buck should be shoved into a meat grinder
Lol
Haha, just kidding. I think that in Halo 6, you should primarily be chief and blue team, but Osiris still should have a role in the story
I think they should too, fingers crossed they'll have character, you know which three I'm talking about.
Caboose comes in then kill them cept buck because Buck is the only cool one
Since they are already put them in the game they should improve them. Idk make them worth caring about
Since they are already put them in the game they should improve them. Idk make them worth caring about
True, but I think at least one should be killed in H6.
Osiris have to be in second place in H6, UNSC>Blue team>AI>Osiris

I agree with everything you two said. Heh, wait until the people who were bothered by Chief's screen time get to watch him die. (If he dies)
Halo 6 first mission is epic playing as Locke and Palmer they kill a bunch of prometheans and then the warden shows up again and kills them both 😈 vale and what's her name (I can't spell it) go off somewhere? (I don't know where as long as its no where near chief) and Buck gets his own fireteam and spinoff game😉
Put them with the Ferrets and create a black-ops team of super-death.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Locke should be a main character, but all the others should play as side characters. They will get a little development, but a spinoff game would be where there characters really get developed.
Everyone knows the Master Chief is getting old, he's not going to be around forever. You can't blame 343 for seeing into the future and not just churning out the same materiel as Bungie, because they're not Bungie. It's called the "Halo Universe" not the spoon feed me everything verse. Sorry guys but Osiris could have been a big step forward and instead of giving them a chance you're trying to kill them off.
I think that its not possible to develope all of them. This is a videogame, not a film, and you cant develope so many characters.
The character development of Halo 4 was great due to the fact that there were only a few characters (Chief,Cortana, Didact, Lasky, Palmer although she is stupid, Andrew del Rio).
In Halo 5 that is not possible with so many characters (Chief, Fred, Linda, Kelly, Locke, Buck, Vale, Tanaka, Arbiter, Lasky, Roland, Cortana, Halsey, Palmer, Exhuberant Witness, Warden Eternal, the AI of Meridian...)
Master Chief should be the main character of the game. Buck is great, but I dont see him as a main a character of the main series (Halo 6), but he could have his own game (Halo 5 ODST?).
The rest of Osiris Team (and Blue Team) should play a very second role.
Arbiter should have more importance.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3