Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What system of voting would you like in Halo 5?

OP Pappa Chilbo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I liked Reach's system best, but I suppose I wouldn't be totally opposed to Halo 3's 'Veto or No Veto' system.

There really needs to be a 'Veto' or 'None of the Above'. The system cannot be trusted to present us with reasonable choices. I've had far too many times where it give me a choice of one map with different gametypes or one gametype with different maps in a playlist that's supposed to be a mixture of Slayer/Objective. For some reason, Halo 4 on 360 seems to have a fetish for Abandon. Of all the damn maps, Abandon is the one it likes.

Further proof: Snowbound and Construct. Halo 3 decided in its later years it was all about the Snowbound and Construct, and screw what you peons that had to play it thought. Veto it? I'll give you the other one. Veto that? Narrows. Halo 3 was an -Yoink- just before Reach came out.
The veto system is the best option. It gives players choice in the map+gametype combination they want while also ensuring more maps actually get to be played on. However, Call of Duty's voting procedure works pretty well, too. If the same map gets voted on twice in a row, it gets locked, and the lobby has a choice of the other map or a random map.
Reach's voting system
If two gametypes are tied I want there to be a randomizer to pick the winner, not pick what is furthest to the left.
If two gametypes are tied I want there to be a randomizer to pick the winner, not pick what is furthest to the left.
The origonal is picking the winner tho on ties, always the first option. Idk how some people think "why can't it go right??" it's cuz if #1 ties it wins no matter what, not because it's left. My opinion the game itself should just pick the map period. You pick the gametype you want and the game then does the rest.
I am leaning more toward the Halo 2 / H5 beta where it just picks a random map for you.
Oh no its snowbound veto that -Yoink-!
I have a grievance over Halo 3's veto system.

Loading Team Slayer on Narrows. Press X to Veto.
(Majority Vetos)
Loading new game and map. Team Rockets on The Pit
Me: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I dislike not knowing what the alternative will be if the group decides to veto.
Rhydon65 wrote:

(Majority Vetos)
Loading new game and map. Team Rockets on Pit Stop.

I dislike not knowing what the alternative will be if the group decides to veto.
Pit Stop? What map is that?
Rhydon65 wrote:
(Majority Vetos)
Loading new game and map. Team Rockets on Pit Stop.
Pit Stop? What map is that?
Oh, I meant to say "The Pit". My friends and I just call it Pit Stop
Rhydon65 wrote:

(Majority Vetos)

Just be glad you didn't play on snowbound.
Rhydon65 wrote:
I dislike not t the alternative will be if the group decides to veto.
Just be glad you didn't play on snowbound.
I like Snowbound
I like voting for 3 options. But, there should be more randomization between the 3 options, especially with regards to the left-to-right tie braking order.
Can't have voting, even mario kart voting. You'd still end up playing one of the two maps everyone always votes on. It just doesn't work (so far). Veto doesn't work either because the first map will almost always get veto'd, just because people can. You can't put a button that does something in front of a kid and hope he doesn't push it.

Hopefully the MP maps are dictated for you just like in the H2 and the Halo 5 beta. I'm sure they were testing the waters there and no one complained about it from what I saw. I didn't see anyone say "I wish there was voting".

OP You probably should have reworded your last choice to something like "Use the H2/H5 beta system that picks for you" instead of "Have a system that refuses to give you a choice and then laughs at you after"
Funny that hey! Of the entire franchise, the two most competitive (H2/H5B) imo I haven't actually touched so I didn't know, my apoligies :x
If they're going down the no choice route that's the one I'm 2nd most happy with, I do remember veto being a problem in that manner now that you mention it.
Would like to see 343 chuck in at least 20 maps on rotation (at least) per playlist, don't care if they overlap the maps for the playlist (like how sword base was everywhere in Reach or Lockdown in H2A), as long as I see some quality forge creations to flavour the playlists I'll be happy.
No voting should = less quitting too (at least those quitting out of spite), since it's easier to be mad at people than it is random generators.
Rhydon65 wrote:

(Majority Vetos)

Then dont veto
Rhydon65 wrote:

(Majority Vetos)

Then dont veto
That doesn't stop everyone else from vetoing, which they will.

Besides, what if I don't like the first choice myself?
Wow, here I was thinking that no one else likes the Halo 3 system but here it is - winning.
Community wants the veto system since it worked the best, so we probably won't get it
I like the idea for Mario Kart where its completely random. Better than MCC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3