Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What The H...

OP vengeant

... elioskrill?
Rather surprised to receive armour and helmet as a REQ last night as i don't have MCC.

Then realised after reading the Helioskrill support post that i owned and met all the requrements through the individual games. Woot!
Hadn't realised that the Mark X, GEN 1 helmets came from them as well, d'oh XD
Sadly all those where put into the req system so you don't have to have MCC to get them.
Mark X? There's no such thing as a Mark X. Latest installment you can get is Mark VI, although Mark VII does exist in canon.

You may have received another set. 343 unfortunately devalued the armor after adding in 2 variants to the REQ pool. The variants are named "Helioskrill Bloodgorger" and "Helioskrill Warbound". The original armor simply has "Helioskrill" with no additional names.
Thanks both for your replies.

Mark X? There's no such thing as a Mark X. Latest installment you can get is Mark VI, although Mark VII does exist in canon.
Sorry to confuse ... it was meant as shorthand for all the Mark ... GEN ... helmets.

You may have received another set. 343 unfortunately devalued the armor after adding in 2 variants to the REQ pool. The variants are named "Helioskrill Bloodgorger" and "Helioskrill Warbound". The original armor simply has "Helioskrill" with no additional names.
Ah ... this explains it. I got "... Bloodgorger". The first reply confused me a litte as what drew my attention to that armour was a support post the day prior to me getting the armour from someone asking why they hadn't got the armour after achieving the MCC requirements. Probably wouldn't have noticed all this at all otherwise.
Out of all the gens released in halo 5, which mark do you like the best?
TBH i'm not a fan of the 'classic' helmets. If i had to choose from the GEN1s then it would be MKIV GEN1 Arcadia.

How about you?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
vengeant wrote:
... elioskrill?
Rather surprised to receive armour and helmet as a REQ last night as i don't have MCC.

Then realised after reading the Helioskrill support post that i owned and met all the requrements through the individual games. Woot!
Hadn't realised that the Mark X, GEN 1 helmets came from them as well, d'oh XD
That's cool, but I prefer grinding for helioskrill. I've already completed Halo 4, Halo CE, and Halo 3. But Halo 2's jackal snipers kill me every time.
LithosBlue wrote:
That's cool, but I prefer grinding for helioskrill. I've already completed Halo 4, Halo CE, and Halo 3. But Halo 2's jackal snipers kill me every time.
I hear you but there's this from before:
LethalQ wrote:
Sadly all those where put into the req system so you don't have to have MCC to get them.
then this clarification:
LithosBlue, you're suggesting that you don't have any Helioskrill armours in your REQs, which appears to fly in the face of what's been said?

And just to really put the cat among the pigeons, last night i got the actual Helioskrill armour (not a variant) .
Wow
Wow? You're surprised i'm not a fan of classic helmets?
vengeant wrote:
LithosBlue wrote:
I hear you but there's this from before:
LethalQ wrote:
then this clarification:
LithosBlue, you're suggesting that you don't have any Helioskrill armours in your REQs, which appears to fly in the face of what's been said?

And just to really put the cat among the pigeons, last night i got the actual Helioskrill armour (not a variant) .
Oh yeah... I just remembered that 343 also threw the regular armor into the pool.... Not just the variants...
vengeant wrote:
Wow
Wow? You're surprised i'm not a fan of classic helmets?
A little bit. I always thought the helmets were great and a fan favorite.
A little bit. I always thought the helmets were great and a fan favorite.
Oh yeah, i agree they are very popular; i'm definitely in the minority but they just don't have much appeal to me.
I think they remind of an everyday skid lid.