OP JJAB91

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
343 changing Jeff's voice is like if Mortal Kombat decided to change their announcer's voice. It is so iconic to the multiplayer experience.
solinaut wrote:
343 changing Jeff's voice is like if Mortal Kombat decided to change their announcer's voice. It is so iconic to the multiplayer experience.
Or its like changing Homer Simpson's voice from the first few seasons. The old one may be "iconic" to those that got started way back when, but iconic is such an easy thing to become. You just need to exist. Functional is quite another, and I must say that an enthusiastic announcer DOES fit special gameplay announcements far more than a sullen one.
Ya I find Halo 5 gameplay to be unwatchable because of the abundantly terrible audio choices. He sounds like hes trying to be hip, almost like a surfer dude bro. Then you have almost every indicator in the game is a annoying high pitched sound. It's all just so terrible.
solinaut wrote:
This post just made me think, what if they got the MK announcer to do Halo 5? I would be cool with that.

Back on topic though, voice deff needs to go back to the original style but if it doesn't I'll live with it.
I definitely agree that the more current versions sound much worse. I'm not really sure why they continued in this direction either, I didn't see much positive feedback about this direction when Halo 4 released. On the other hand, I saw many people complaining about the new direction of his voice. I really do hope they "fix" it in the future.
COD ghosts lets you buy multiplayer announcer voice packs. Snoop dogg, full metal jacket drill sergeant. That would be cool.
I like it honestly.

It still sounds similar, but now it has a more artificial tone to it. Almost like a "dumb AI" is announcing stuff to the Spartans over a pa system. It gives you more of a sense that you are in a simulation.
COD ghosts lets you buy multiplayer announcer voice packs. Snoop dogg, full metal jacket drill sergeant. That would be cool.
I don't like the idea of micro transactions, but I guess this shows of an example that it is possible to have different voices played for each individual player so we could pick between classic and new.
343 wants you to forget that there were halo games before they started making them. This is why everything now has to be different.
That's what's so weird about this. I believe 343 truly loved the old Halos since they put out the MCC (although that could have been Microsoft's doing, but let's give 'em the benefit of the doubt), but really wants to fundamentally change the identity of the series down to the smallest component to let us know that they're in charge, not Bungie(which honestly is probably a boon, considering Bungie's more recent release). I honestly believe that they should be allowed to make their own IP outside of Halo and put all the sprints, oversized levels, and annoying announcers they want in that game.

I've said it before and I still maintain that 343 have some great talent and game designers. But I feel their talent would best be put to use developing a separate awesome shooter IP alongside Halo, rather than it be Halo itself. I have no doubt it'd be really awesome, too--I enjoyed Halo 4's multiplayer immensely, but only when I told myself I wasn't playing Halo.
I think I'll always prefer his voice when it's more relaxed (halo ce to reach) as opposed to his Halo 4 voice. And even if they choose to keep it in the style of the Halo 4 voice, I really, really hope they take away the annoying synth in his voice from H4.

In Halo 5, it sounds like he isn't as constipated as in H4 and it appears that they took away the syth (but it's possible they just haven't added it yet). So far, it sounds nice.

But, (343 pay attention) the synth just sounds annoying and only disrupts the awesome sounding voice. It sounds a lot better without it even if it matches the looping sountdrack that plays during a multiplayer game.
Hes old, his voice isn't what it used to be, so with the new voices I believe this will be his last Halo title
STG Johnson anyone? Or Rtas, Rtas is cool ( as in the best )
I think some are poor, but others are great
it audio that you here for 2 seconds and yet it offends so many people when it changes the slightest bit
Not to be a negative Nancy, but personally I'd prefer 343 to focus solely on the game play and then worry about the less important things such as the announcer, even though, yes, he did sound better in previous halo titles. In my opinion it sounds like he's trying too hard. But meh, I'd prefer to have great gun play and a -Yoink- announcer, than a great announcer and -Yoink- gun play
it audio that you here for 2 seconds and yet it offends so many people when it changes the slightest bit
Your statement is incomprehensible and if you are referring to Jeff Steitzer's voice "changing the slightest bit" you are wrong. Did you even watch the youtube links, it has dramatically changed.
ROFL, is this real or just a troll video?

I'm a guy (feel free to check my post history) that is fairly positive and open minded to most topics. This truly sounds terrible. Literally enough to stand out of it being a fake video just to make a joke of it.

Seriously, if this is a troll (too lazy to read all the replies) then you got me. If not, objectively speaking, this is an awful change.

I know it seems small... but as someone who loves all aspects of Halo (achievements, campaign, MM, etc) the voice really is a iconic to the series and a big deal.
They really should have someone new. Got a few ideas:
-Steve Downes
-H. Jon Benjamin
-Samuel L. Jackson
-Bradley Cooper (doing his Rocket voice)
-DEMETRY JAMES
solinaut wrote:

Your statement is incomprehensible and if you are referring to Jeff Steitzer's voice "changing the slightest bit" you are wrong. Did you even watch the youtube links, it has dramatically changed.
Why would I comment if I didn't watch the links? I just think the community is over reacting to the way 2 words are said despite them being so similar with one being a little more enthusiastic then the other. Why care about something so much that really hasn't changed much.
Its really stupidly over the top. 343 loves change for the sake of change.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6