Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What version of H5 on Xbox series X?

OP MurderMostFoul

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We know we are not getting a proper Xbox series X optimization for Halo 5.

However, Halo 5 was enhanced for Xbox one X, featuring 4K resolution. So when we play Halo 5 on Xbox series X, are we going to get the Xbox one X version, or the regular Xbox one version? For all the Xbox one X Halo 5 players out there, if Xbox series X does not run the Xbox one X enhanced version of Halo 5, it will be pretty pathetic to get the next gen Xbox console, but have the latest Halo title look worse than before.

So what will be on Xbox series X? Regular Xbox one Halo 5, or Xbox one X enhanced Halo 5?
I dont really know if it's gonna be enhanced or anything. It most likely will be. But I play on just a regular 2013 Xbox one and Halo 5 looks just as good as most other games still but that's probably because all those games are on the same console.
Olive3000 wrote:
I dont really know if it's gonna be enhanced or anything. It most likely will be. But I play on just a regular 2013 Xbox one and Halo 5 looks just as good as most other games still but that's probably because all those games are on the same console.
Halo 5 looks a lot better on Xbox one X then regular Xbox one. I really hope that it doesn't revert Xbox one X players to the regular Xbox one version if they start playing h5 on Xbox series X. It would be a very noticeable downgrade.
In the last community update Uny said there are no current plans to update H5 for Series X|S. It would be safe to assume the Series X will run the One X version of the game. The Series S however will most likely run the game at the same resolution and frame rate as a One S.
Snipe N21 wrote:
In the last community update Uny said there are no current plans to update H5 for Series X|S. It would be safe to assume the Series X will run the One X version of the game. The Series S however will most likely run the game at the same resolution and frame rate as a One S.
They said 120fps though
Snipe N21 wrote:
They said 120fps though
No, they did not.
Quote:
While Halo 5 is not getting the same optimizations for Xbox Series X and Series S as MCC, owners of the next-gen hardware are still going to see the benefits of faster load times and consistently higher resolution gameplay.
H5 uses dynamic resolution, so you will see higher resolutions while playing on a Series X|S. There will be no changes to framerate since H5 is locked to 60fps.
Snipe N21 wrote:
They've already done the work:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-halo-5-on-xbox-one-x-is-the-way-its-meant-to-be-played

Why not have this version on Xbox series X? Why have your new console run the less visually impressive version of the game?
Snipe N21 wrote:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-halo-5-on-xbox-one-x-is-the-way-its-meant-to-be-played

Why not have this version on Xbox series X? Why have your new console run the less visually impressive version of the game?
Series X will run the One X version....
tuhin94 wrote:
Snipe N21 wrote:

Has 343i stated this?
tuhin94 wrote:
Snipe N21 wrote:

Has 343i stated this?
MS has stated the Series X will run One X versions of games when available. It also makes sense when you consider Xbox’s strategy, right? They want people to be able to take their libraries to the next console and get a better experience for those same games, much like you would on a PC. Their naming convention hints at this as well. Since the SX is the new console, it wouldn’t make much sense for Xbox to have you play regular versions of games you were playing enhanced versions of already.

However, Halo 5 was enhanced for Xbox one X, featuring 4K resolution. So when we play Halo 5 on Xbox series X, are we going to get the Xbox one X version, or the regular Xbox one version? For all the Xbox one X Halo 5 players out there, if Xbox series X does not run the Xbox one X enhanced version of Halo 5, it will be pretty pathetic to get the next gen Xbox console, but have the latest Halo title look worse than before.

So what will be on Xbox series X? Regular Xbox one Halo 5, or Xbox one X enhanced Halo 5?
As all Xbox employees have said regardless of the game..."you will play the best game possible" meaning the technology and infrastructure of the Series X|S will optimize EVERY game to its highest capabilities. Series X is basically a PC now that isn't as customizable and not part-upgradable as new technology comes out.
Rover09 wrote:

As all Xbox employees have said regardless of the game..."you will play the best game possible" meaning the technology and infrastructure of the Series X|S will optimize EVERY game to its highest capabilities. Series X is basically a PC now that isn't as customizable and not part-upgradable as new technology comes out.
The Xbox Series X doesn't "optimize" games. The game developers have to optimize their games, the Xbox series X just runs them. It might run them with faster load times, and even higher average resolutions for games that use dynamic resolution, but when it comes to improved graphics (like higher maximum resolution, better textures, shadows, reflections, ect) the console doesn't improve those things.

Take destiny 2 for example. When it launches on November 10th, Xbox series X will run the Xbox one version of destiny2 via backwards compatibility. Destiny 2 will not be optimized for Xbox series X until the developer, bungie, produces and releases it's optimized version in early December. You will only see the visual optimization enabled by the hardware of Xbox series X after developers updates their software.
tuhin94 wrote:
Snipe N21 wrote:
They said 120fps though
No, they did not.
Quote:
While Halo 5 is not getting the same optimizations for Xbox Series X and Series S as MCC, owners of the next-gen hardware are still going to see the benefits of faster load times and consistently higher resolution gameplay.
H5 uses dynamic resolution, so you will see higher resolutions while playing on a Series X|S. There will be no changes to framerate since H5 is locked to 60fps.
didn't they say that halo 5 wouldn't be receiving the same level of optimization as mcc we can still enjoy halo 5 in 120fps
tuhin94 wrote:
Snipe N21 wrote:
They said 120fps though
No, they did not.
Quote:
didn't they say that halo 5 wouldn't be receiving the same level of optimization as mcc we can still enjoy halo 5 in 120fps
They said the opposite. H5 will not get XBSX optimizations like MCC is getting. H5 will be 60fps on XBSX.
tuhin94 wrote:
Snipe N21 wrote:
They said 120fps though
No, they did not.
Quote:
Read the quote lol.
The only way 343 will be updating Halo 5 at this point is I am going to assume if they get around to Halo 5 again for upgrades on new hardware is if they bring it to PC since utilizing the 120 FPS increase on the Series X is a PC based feature as well, that will be the only way the game will get updated for the Series X now. I REALLY hope 343 doesn't give a stupid excuse in which they do update Halo 5 on the new console in the future, but only give them the 120 FPS treatment but not get the title also on PC.

I REALLY highly suggest for 343 if they do this work, they MUST work on a PC port of the game as well with crossplay and progression.
After looking over some of the previews made by journalist who got early access to the consoles, it appears that the games they were playing on Xbox series X were the Xbox one X versions.

I hope this is true for every game that got a Xbox one X update and is played on Xbox series X.
tuhin94 wrote:
Snipe N21 wrote:
They said 120fps though
No, they did not.
Quote:
They said the opposite. H5 will not get XBSX optimizations like MCC is getting. H5 will be 60fps on XBSX.
MY bad sorry
Okay, I hope anybody is up. I got a series S and installed H5 just to see it uses the old one graphics. That means fizzy and grainy textures, let alone the massive amount of texture popping, that hasen't been fixed since one X because of its "dynamic resolution" doesn't need optimization, but it looks worse on the s? Here comes the best part: I'm still using an old 1080p LG and H5 looks better one the one X than on the series S. I'll be getting the series X in a few months and will see how it looks there. Imo H5 definitely needs a dedicated upgrade for next gen.
ChaosRave wrote:
Okay, I hope anybody is up. I got a series S and installed H5 just to see it uses the old one graphics. That means fizzy and grainy textures, let alone the massive amount of texture popping, that hasen't been fixed since one X because of its "dynamic resolution" doesn't need optimization, but it looks worse on the s? Here comes the best part: I'm still using an old 1080p LG and H5 looks better one the one X than on the series S. I'll be getting the series X in a few months and will see how it looks there. Imo H5 definitely needs a dedicated upgrade for next gen.
Series S runs XBOX One S versions of games for whatever reason. I have a Series X and it runs what I very strongly presume to be the One X version as it looks and feels great. However we most likely will never be getting a proper next gen patch, maybe sometime after the launch of Infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2