Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

What were the Grunts doing? (Battle of Sunaion)

OP DankyPiggy21

So I started replaying the Halo 5 campaign and ran across something I forgot about; it was a room with about 5 or 6 grunts in it blocked by destroy-able shields. There was a stage thing with a hologram of the Guardian on it and a grunt standing in front of it, with 4 or 5 more grunts below him. It looked like they were chanting, then the top grunt started saying,"Steady, steady!" which sparked the odd idea that they were doing yoga.

Does anyone know what they were really doing? At this point, my best guess is that it was a religious ritual.
They were worshiping the Holy Space Eagle God, you heathen.
Wait is that actually a thing in the Halo Universe?
The Covenant as a whole worship Forerunners and their creations, or "holy relics" as a religion. When they found out about Guardians, many of them saw them as a God or product of their Gods, being Forerunner. Those Grunts you saw were praying.
The Covenant as a whole worship Forerunners and their creations, or "holy relics" as a religion. When they found out about Guardians, many of them saw them as a God or product of their Gods, being Forerunner. Those Grunts you saw were praying.
is that why some of them say HOLY FLARE when tossing a plasma grenade? cause they are so religious they think their grenades are imbued with holy energy xD
Um yes? They worship forerunner tech and the guardians look like giant space owls. They also worship the food nipple, but that's a discussion for another time.
So I started replaying the Halo 5 campaign and ran across something I forgot about; it was a room with about 5 or 6 grunts in it blocked by destroy-able shields. There was a stage thing with a hologram of the Guardian on it and a grunt standing in front of it, with 4 or 5 more grunts below him. It looked like they were chanting, then the top grunt started saying,"Steady, steady!" which sparked the odd idea that they were doing yoga.

Does anyone know what they were really doing? At this point, my best guess is that it was a religious ritual.
Yeah I think they are participating in an Unggoy ritual.
is that why some of them say HOLY FLARE when tossing a plasma grenade? cause they are so religious they think their grenades are imbued with holy energy xD
Is that why the Covenant allied with the Prometheans in Halo 4 or are the Prometheans separate from the Forerunners? I understand that the first forerunners were human and they built all those robot/AI's, but I've always wondered if the Prometheans were with the Forerunners too. And also throughout the Halo's i have seen strange objects that did look like relics, so that explains it.
Um yes? They worship forerunner tech and the guardians look like giant space owls. They also worship the food nipple, but that's a discussion for another time.
Oh yeah, that's right. The grunts do seem easily manipulated, they seem to worship just about anything that keeps those methane-breathing turtles alive.
Oh yeah, that's right. The grunts do seem easily manipulated, they seem to worship just about anything that keeps those methane-breathing turtles alive.
Should turn into Satanics and start worshiping the Demon. Theyd live longer.
I’d join that cult. Chanting Grunts? Screw fighting, it’s time to dance!
So I started replaying the Halo 5 campaign and ran across something I forgot about; it was a room with about 5 or 6 grunts in it blocked by destroy-able shields. There was a stage thing with a hologram of the Guardian on it and a grunt standing in front of it, with 4 or 5 more grunts below him. It looked like they were chanting, then the top grunt started saying,"Steady, steady!" which sparked the odd idea that they were doing yoga. Does anyone know what they were really doing? At this point, my best guess is that it was a religious ritual.
This is just one of a series of clues as part of the hidden Halo 5 story lines and Lore. Let's start at the beginning of this little story, then we'll find a "gateway" to other clues via the Grunt's Chanting Ritual!

PUTTING THE GUARDIAN TO SLEEP.

(1) In the Temple in Enemy Lines (clip here), if you look carefully at the walls either side of the door to get to the Kraken Fight, we see the "burial ceremony" in the images on the walls in the alcoves. But it's actually the Burial of the Guardian in the Sea of Sunaion 100,000 years ago, when the Gateway on Genesis was shut down - see the Gateway with it's rings UP and then DOWN and the Guardians by the Sea of Sunaion, and so the Guardian "goes to sleep". But in the Reclamation, the Guardian will rise and then the Rings move from down to UP (opposite images in opposite alcoves).

(2) Now where to find the relevant Intels on Sunaion (video below).

- 2nd/8 Intel at time 1.26: a Sunaion Elder tells worshippers to "Speak not to the Holy Guardian of Sunaion. Pray only that it remains still, that it not stir, else it tear our world asunder".

- 3rd/8 Intel at time 2.07: "The Prayer of the Guardian", "Oh Guardian! May this prayer keep him asleep forever! He keeps our world safe and protects the Covenant. The Domain cannot be opened as long as he stays sleeping. Oh Guardian, Magnificent Sleeper!":
https://youtu.be/TfJcyP8q7Jk?t=127 .

(3) Now we can see what they're doing in The Chanting Ritual in the Chamber (clip here). The Grunts' chanting is soft like "singing the Guardian a Lullaby", as they worship, chant and "pray that the Guardian stays asleep", so preventing the Domain being opened as part of the Reclamation or Sunaion being destroyed...

(4) But wait! If it's true that "the Domain cannot be opened as long as [the Sunaion Guardian] remains sleeping", and if the undated Blue Team mission occurs before the dated Battle Of Sunaion, then the "Evil Cortana" LIED to Chief and us in that vision when she said "The Domain is [already] open!" (clip here).

So, this can lead us into a different view of the whole Halo 5 story when we realise we cannot trust this "Evil Cortana" because she's just trying to trick us into providing our "human touch" on some consoles to "open the Domain" and activate other stuff for her! And Knowing she'll probably lie about other stuff too, then "amid the lies" we can start to "Hunt The Truth" in Halo 5 - is that really Cortana, and is she being controlled by a hidden enemy, and if she's NOT Cortana but an imposter, then what is she really up to, and which hidden enemy does she work for? ;-)

There are other clues linked to all this that relate to awakening the Guardian, the "Hunt The Chief" story and game, and finally clues which link Halo 5 to Zeta Halo and so into Halo Infinite!

Yes, after this Kit Pitlimp Intel on Sunaion, he actually did make it to Genesis, but then comes his last Intel "If you are a god, I worship you! Otherwise... Worship ME!!!", LOL!

Hope this helps. :-)
Should turn into Satanics and start worshiping the Demon. Theyd live longer.
lmao, they'd at least have shields if they did
So I started replaying the Halo 5 campaign and ran across something I forgot about; it was a room with about 5 or 6 grunts in it blocked by destroy-able shields. There was a stage thing with a hologram of the Guardian on it and a grunt standing in front of it, with 4 or 5 more grunts below him. It looked like they were chanting, then the top grunt started saying,"Steady, steady!" which sparked the odd idea that they were doing yoga. Does anyone know what they were really doing? At this point, my best guess is that it was a religious ritual.
This is just one of a series of clues as part of the hidden Halo 5 story lines and Lore. Let's start at the beginning of this little story, then we'll find a "gateway" to other clues via the Grunt's Chanting Ritual!

PUTTING THE GUARDIAN TO SLEEP.

(1) In the Temple in Enemy Lines (clip here), if you look carefully at the walls either side of the door to get to the Kraken Fight, we see the "burial ceremony" in the images on the walls in the alcoves. But it's actually the Burial of the Guardian in the Sea of Sunaion 100,000 years ago, when the Gateway on Genesis was shut down - see the Gateway with it's rings UP and then DOWN and the Guardians by the Sea of Sunaion, and so the Guardian "goes to sleep". But in the Reclamation, the Guardian will rise and then the Rings move from down to UP (opposite images in opposite alcoves).

(2) Now where to find the relevant Intels on Sunaion (video below).

- 2nd/8 Intel at time 1.26: a Sunaion Elder tells worshippers to "Speak not to the Holy Guardian of Sunaion. Pray only that it remains still, that it not stir, else it tear our world asunder".

- 3rd/8 Intel at time 2.07: "The Prayer of the Guardian", "Oh Guardian! May this prayer keep him asleep forever! He keeps our world safe and protects the Covenant. The Domain cannot be opened as long as he stays sleeping. Oh Guardian, Magnificent Sleeper!":
https://youtu.be/TfJcyP8q7Jk?t=127 .

(3) Now we can see what they're doing in The Chanting Ritual in the Chamber (clip here). The Grunts' chanting is soft like "singing the Guardian a Lullaby", as they worship, chant and "pray that the Guardian stays asleep", so preventing the Domain being opened as part of the Reclamation or Sunaion being destroyed...

(4) But wait! If it's true that "the Domain cannot be opened as long as [the Sunaion Guardian] remains sleeping", and if the undated Blue Team mission occurs before the dated Battle Of Sunaion, then the "Evil Cortana" LIED to Chief and us in that vision when she said "The Domain is [already] open!" (clip here).

So, this can lead us into a different view of the whole Halo 5 story when we realise we cannot trust this "Evil Cortana" because she's just trying to trick us into providing our "human touch" on some consoles to "open the Domain" and activate other stuff for her! And Knowing she'll probably lie about other stuff too, then "amid the lies" we can start to "Hunt The Truth" in Halo 5 - is that really Cortana, and is she being controlled by a hidden enemy, and if she's NOT Cortana but an imposter, then what is she really up to, and which hidden enemy does she work for? ;-)

There are other clues linked to all this that relate to awakening the Guardian, the "Hunt The Chief" story and game, and finally clues which link Halo 5 to Zeta Halo and so into Halo Infinite!

Yes, after this Kit Pitlimp Intel on Sunaion, he actually did make it to Genesis, but then comes his last Intel "If you are a god, I worship you! Otherwise... Worship ME!!!", LOL!

Hope this helps. :-)
it does, thanks mate. never knew that