Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Whats the hardest weapon to use?

OP iTz Bullz i

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
For me its the Shotgun I its pretty weird.
I found the LightRifle hard to use. Using the Splaser was easier for me.
To me it's the Fuel Rod. It feels weird. I feel for more comfortable pulling an Incin or Rock in its place.
For me the shotgun as well. I just finished a massive breakout commendation grind and never dialed in the shotgun. It's so inconsistent. Sometimes it kills at impossible distances, other times it does nearly nothing.
I am glad someone else has an issue with the shotgun. Makes me feel a little better I am not the only one.

My other worst weapon is the Binary Rifle. That thing is terrible for me.
The splinter turret or the binary. I can't use them as effectively as ANYONE else. When i get my hands on one i might as well be wearing a blindfold. Also grav hammers.

Grav Hammers and Binaries... If i get one as a random weapon, i give it away.
I am absolutely atrocious with the Binary.
I find the fuel rod really difficult to use along with the spnkr. The projectile just feels soooo slow and impossible to hit people with
The halo 5 br... I physically can't aim with it since its not the classic scope. My mentality says I'm playing halo not cod with a red dot sight.
I struggle with all weapons. Jk jk

I find the Fuel Rod hard to use and the shotgun unreliable.

BUT worst of all, I cannot use the Plasma Canister for -Yoink-. I'm so useless with that thing, I can be at my peak, pick that weapon up and kill myself.
I struggle with the Rocket Launcher for some reason.
Fuel Rod probably. Sometimes it kills in one hit, other times it takes all five.
Scattershot is absolutely unusable for me. It doesn't have enough range/damage in my hands but when the enemy has it, I get one shot :/
Plasma Pistol without the intended "Noob Combo" use.
The H3 sniper rifle.

If you mean exclusively H5, g-hammer. Randomly spawn with it in warzone, never get any kills. Get, like, two kills with it in super fiesta.
The magnum.

It's the worst weapon in the game.

1. Has exactly the same time to kill as every other precision weapon. But has worse AA, Bullet mag, magazine size, and zoom.

2. Within its own effective range, it's outclassed by every automatic in the game. The SMG/SR can kill you literally twice over before you can, and the AR steps on its toes nearly every step of the way while bring incredibly more forgiving/easier to use for a similar TtK.

3. Take #'s 1 and 2 into account, the magnum literally has no redeeming qualities. It's outclassed by every precision weapon in mid to long range combat due to their ease of use and longer range, and autos simply -Yoink- on it in TtK and ease of use.

3. http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=42461.0#

The ridiculous "2 Turn" aiming system 343 implemented makes every precision weapon in the game artificially harder to use, making the magnum even more useless against autos. Players simply cannot aim where they want to aim with this system.

4. Fails to be a utility weapon that 343 claims it to be. A utility weapon's job in a sandbox is to keep the rest of the weaponry in check and allow players to always be in a position to compete off spawn, also known as "True Even Starts". Halo 5 fails this, and is therefore, not properly balance for skill based gameplay.

In short, the magnum is simply a throw away weapon. It's only redeeming qualities are faster swap speed and reload, and maybe a fair fight against another magnum, or AR at the very fringes of your effective range. That's it.
Suppressor. Because it's a piece of -Yoink-, useless gun. I might as well thrown my helmet at my enemies.
I can't stand the inconsistency of the Scattershot.

And I hate the Hydra. Its tracking is weak and slow as hell unless someone is standing in the open.
Solursus wrote:
The magnum.

It's the worst weapon in the game.

1. Has exactly the same time to kill as every other precision weapon. But has worse AA, Bullet mag, magazine size, and zoom.

2. Within its own effective range, it's outclassed by every automatic in the game. The SMG/SR can kill you literally twice over before you can, and the AR steps on its toes nearly every step of the way while bring incredibly more forgiving/easier to use for a similar TtK.

3. Take #'s 1 and 2 into account, the magnum literally has no redeeming qualities. It's outclassed by every precision weapon in mid to long range combat due to their ease of use and longer range, and autos simply -Yoink- on it in TtK and ease of use.

3. http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=42461.0#

The ridiculous "2 Turn" aiming system 343 implemented makes every precision weapon in the game artificially harder to use, making the magnum even more useless against autos. Players simply cannot aim where they want to aim with this system.

4. Fails to be a utility weapon that 343 claims it to be. A utility weapon's job in a sandbox is to keep the rest of the weaponry in check and allow players to always be in a position to compete off spawn, also known as "True Even Starts". Halo 5 fails this, and is therefore, not properly balance for skill based gameplay.

In short, the magnum is simply a throw away weapon. It's only redeeming qualities are faster swap speed and reload, and maybe a fair fight against another magnum, or AR at the very fringes of your effective range. That's it.
This is way off. You misunderstand what a utility weapon is - a weapon that my be utilized in multiple scenarios, but isn't the best at any. It allows you to compete against any weapon with moderate chance at success. It obviously needs to be weaker than any pickups that are specialized weapons.

You're wrong about TTK's and it certainly isn't outclassed by all auto's at its own effective range.

Aiming can be adjusted to how it was in the H5 beta... effectively negating the 2 turn system.

The magnum is a solid, all-around useful weapon. It just isn't the best at anything.
Suppressor. Because it's a piece of -Yoink-, useless gun. I might as well thrown my helmet at my enemies.
Aw, man, am I the only one who actually likes the Suppressor?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14