Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

When are more gametypes coming to Halo 5

OP Badgerenator201

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I've been looking everywhere, and I genuinely can't find any concrete information on the topic. Are we getting more gametypes?

When will we see oddball, king of the hill, fiesta slayer, grifball, assault, etc? Furthermore, when will we see more playlists, and more opportunities to play any of those gametypes in FFA? Why is there not a rumble pit, like the social playlists in halo 3? Why are there less than 10 playlists? Why isn't 343 listening? The community wants more content, and we're patiently waiting? Even after all the complaining, I still play, I just want progress!

Does anyone have useful information? I don't want to wait 5 months for "free dlc" and not receive any more gametypes.

"weekend playlists" should NOT be a thing. They should be consistent, all the time, and certainly NOT "only for the holidays."

343, if you want the younger population to play, you'll need easier, more entertaining gametypes. Slayer, stronghold and CTF will not do. Breakout (which I love) is TOO HARD for them.

Where is infection? Or head hunter?
This is very frustrating for me. The lack of playlists is pathetic. At the very least we need a team objective playlist.
I miss Double team so much...
Yeah we need assault (all variants), one flag, neutral flag, oddball, king of the hill, extraction, doubles (with objectives), multi team, clan matches, invasion, ect.
One word: griffball
Yep, they should add gametypes faster.
T BO 13 wrote:
Yeah we need assault (all variants), one flag, neutral flag, oddball, king of the hill, extraction, doubles (with objectives), multi team, clan matches, invasion, ect.
Yea this....I'm baffled as to why any of these are not in the game
Yep.
Quote:
"weekend playlists" should NOT be a thing. They should be consistent, all the time, and certainly NOT "only for the holidays."
I've been looking everywhere, and I genuinely can't find any concrete information on the topic. Are we getting more gametypes?

When will we see oddball, king of the hill, fiesta slayer, grifball, assault, etc? Furthermore, when will we see more playlists, and more opportunities to play any of those gametypes in FFA? Why is there not a rumble pit, like the social playlists in halo 3? Why are there less than 10 playlists? Why isn't 343 listening? The community wants more content, and we're patiently waiting? Even after all the complaining, I still play, I just want progress!

Does anyone have useful information? I don't want to wait 5 months for "free dlc" and not receive any more gametypes.

343, if you want the younger population to play, you'll need easier, more entertaining gametypes. Slayer, stronghold and CTF will not do. Breakout (which I love) is TOO HARD for them.

Where is infection? Or head hunter?
I Agree. Weekend playlists only annoy me because IF I finally get a chance to play a game mode that I LOVE from previous games, it's gone on Monday. I mean, imagine, for the Infection fans, if they brought back Infection, but only for a weekend. How annoyed would you be?
Yep.
Quote:
Yea they need to start interacting with the community
Here I am just wanting to play Slayer playlist mixed with a little team arena once in a while and could care less if they add more gametypes.
Crushayde wrote:
Here I am just wanting to play Slayer playlist mixed with a little team arena once in a while and could care less if they add more gametypes.
We have that it's call team Arena. Lol (joking)

But I differently agree with the OP and the commenters. Does anyone else think it's a crime that king of the hill the only other objective besides CTF has been in halo series since the beginning is not even thought about and replaced with garbage (Strongholds). I cant understand the thinking behind making territories (which is all strongholds is) and making it a main game type. Hey 343i NO ONE LIKES PLAYING TERRITORIES, NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL. And can we please get a voting system to choice the map in pregame like all other online halos have had. It's almost like they are listening to the former pros (whom I won't name because I understand he'said like jesus Christ in these forum) and not listening to the fans. This might be my last Halo and I've been here since mac world 2000. I all but quit because Halo 4 was so bad but like a loyal fan when I got the xbox one in Sept first games I get is Halo MCC and preordered halo 5. Starting to regret that now.I bought my xbox one specifically because Halo 5 was coming up on launch. So I spent almost $400 to play half of a halo game.
I think Crysis Jr just posted something about this... More game types like King of the Hill, Oddball, etc...

There's so much more that 343 can do to give players more options.
Yea I did just decided to comment here cuz I see I'm not alone
We have no concrete information, it is laughable that 343 thinks it is beneficial to keep us in the dark on this and so many other things.
343 has yet to even directly acknowledge their absence, much less schedule an update to add them.
Screw it imma say it and don't care if I get banned again. StOP listening to ghostiyame and neighbor PLEASE. They don't know everything. Listen to the fans. We want halo 3 gametypes and playlist but halo 5 game play. Should be real simple but I know 343i is trying harder to not be bungee rather the taking what worked for bungie and add your own with it. It's still Halo and sorry but they've made the best one to date and that's H3. I don't want Halo 5 to be a remake of Halo 3 I like Halo 5 game play better but the gametypes and playlist makes me feel like I traded gametypes and playlist for a thruster pack.
If I remember correctly, we'll get getting at least two new gametypes this month. Don't quote me on this at all I could be wrong entirely.
I'm will to bet money neither of those are king of the hill or oddball. both will be some kind AR fest gametypes that's a variation of strongholds since 343i is convinced that people wanna play that crap.

They can easily see that people don't like territories (Strongholds) in all other halos is constantly vetoed or voted down in pregame. I think they are just trying to be different like the new girlfriend whose jealous of your EX so she does all this extra stuff that don't mean anything rather then being herself.
I'm done begging these people for common sense things. Permanent Team Snipers, Doubles, Objective are no brainers. Zero excuse for not having them. I've grown so bored and frustrated with this game. I bought BLOPS 3, haven't had any issues and there are about 25 playlists to choose from... Crazy how simple this stuff should be.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3